Does it help having friends on here?

Options

Replies

• atenhulz
    atenhulz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think friends definitely provide more motivation! Feel free to add me!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    really has helped me. you can make a post like i did. i put, feel free to friend me if you are vegan, epileptic, live in st. louis. then you start from there.
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    it helps me a lot to have friends here.
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    I've found it helps so much having friends on here, all my friends are people on the same plan as me and we are all going through the same trials and tribulations! They look after me, offer advice and experience, hold me accountable and chase me up when I don't log on! The support offered by my friends on here and on another weight loss forum has kept me going, today I was able to log that I had lost 50lb so far and they are what has kept me going through the tough weeks!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    tips, encouragement and accountability. :-) Good luck.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think it helps! People who are close to my age and who have some things in common like health issues helps a lot! I want to be a good friend but if I get to many I think I may end up not being a good friend. I like to respond and get advise from others.

Nina
  • Amygrl559
    Amygrl559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! Having friends on here are great. It really keeps you accountable and it's nice to get feedback from your friends. :-)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Friends are what keep you coming back. If I didn't have friends here, I'd probably quit pretty fast. I know my friends wouldn't let me.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love having friends on here, its both inspirational, and supportive, I have some of the most awesome people on here as my mfp friends, both people I know in real life, and others who I never would have met otherwise!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love my friends on here. I have some that are losing the same amount as I am, some that have already hit midway to goal, and some that are the same fitness goals as I am. All are wonderful, hold me accountable, and encourage me even on the rough days.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Yup, having friends *and interacting with them* makes all the difference in my motivation to log in.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It makes a huge difference to me - the people on MFP are my only support system.
  • tara023
    tara023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you lose 1 extra lb a week for every 10 friends you have
    this has been proven add me 8)

Love this!!! Might have to make some more friends!!! lol!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have made my goals or set good habits without my MFP friends. they are the best and I love each and every single one of my friends. Having friends is probably what makes MFP such a successful medium to lose weight.
  • vickijay
    vickijay Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I cant even turn off my computer as everyone on here is so nice!! I AM going to bed now (as its 11pm here and I have to be up at 5!) thanks for being so lovely everyone who has posted.

Add me if you want :)

N'night

Vicki
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    darn quoted before i fixed the type o,damn reader glasses are here somewhere

LOL that made me laugh...my dad says that all the time! :D
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    It makes a huge difference to me - the people on MFP are my only support system.

^ ^ ^ ^

Exactly that.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Pretty big difference for me. My friends motivate me when I am having a slow day and dont really feel like working out or eating better. They cheer me up on a bad day of eating. They educate me by giving me advice if I ever need it (on both nutrition and workouts). I couldnt have possibly done this without my friends here
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wished they had a "LIKE" button on here...so many great responses!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also looking for friends on MFP to help me stay accountable. Feel free to add me