Options

Replies

• watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • beechmom1
    Options
    My personal opinion is because weight varies from day to day you want to see an overall pattern. I think once a week first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom. If you weigh yourself daily it ends up being this..."am I gonna be in a good mood or a bad mood today?" also I really think it's important to measure yourself so that when the scale isn't showing your hard work your inches are. Good luck to you.
  • jahudson72
    Options
    Whenever I think I have lost some weight! Too scared otherwise :)
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Daily. Every morning as soon as I wake up. I know the scale will fluctuate from day to day, and weighing daily keeps me on track so I don't get tempted to gorge myself on anything.

SAME HERE!!!! I need to keep myself in check! :)
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other week, I keep for getting that I finally bought a working scale.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking this. I've been accustomed to weigh myself one a week in the past but since have neglected getting on the scale but maybe once a month. I find it too frustrating to be working out 5-7 days a week and not losing. I go by how my clothes fit but with this new site, I will start to weigh once a week and keep measurements.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Weekly. It helps that we don't actually own a scale so I walk to the local pharmacy and use theirs. I'd be interested to see how my weight fluctuates daily, and even over the space of a day actually, but I could never be a slave to my scales.

I also measure myself and take pictures to give me a way to track progress for those times when the scale doesn't move!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Monday morning first thing after ..ya know..the first thing...thats my official weigh in.

I do weigh myself in between though to see how I'm doing
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    every morning, if it goes down i'm happy, if it doesn't go down it motivates me to work harder :smile:
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Every other day or three too see how I'm doing, but I don't weigh-in officially until Friday. That is when I weight in with my doctor and when I log it on here.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Daily. But I have to remind it's normal for weight to fluctuate. I can drop 3 pounds one day and put 1-2 pounds on the very next day, doing absolutely nothing different. As long as the graph shows a downward trend over a couple of weeks or months, I'm happy. I have tried to not weight myself or only weight once a week, but then I just sit there and wonder how I'm doing. Slightly obsessive I guess.

Same here. ^^^Agree^^^
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have one official weigh in a week, same day and same time, but I will weigh myself one or two times during the week, with the sole purpose of making sure i'm still on track. I celebrate no losses until weigh-in day.
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Daily in the morning post-pee. My weight doesn't fluctuate very much upward; maybe half a pound. The worst that's happened is that I've stalled for a couple days before losing bunches for a couple days and catching up.

I log my weight in a stat tracking app and I like looking at the graph every day. It's fascinating for me as you can identify short-term and long-term trends.

The problem with weighing weekly is that you could just pick a bad day and end up not losing or gaining weight and having to wait a week or more to find out that it was just a short-term spike. If you have one-day spike and weigh daily, you won't have to wait long to know if it's a short-term bounce or a long-term problem. It works for me.

Here's what the graph looked like on 3/19/2012:

Weight_Loss.jpg

I've since lost another 8 pounds and the slope of the graph is remarkably consistent.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday...sometimes i might sneak a peek over the weekend..i never been good with surprises
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    Daily. Since being on this program I look forward to getting up in the morning to weigh myself.
  • PCOSWarrior413
    PCOSWarrior413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Daily...in the morning right after I wake up!
  • samhelen
    samhelen Posts: 98
    Options
    I weigh daily but it doesn't bother me if I see 2-3 lb fluctuations -- generally I use it as an indicator of whether or not I've had enough water/too much sodium, and sometimes to see how my body responds to certain foods (i.e. different types of carbohydrates)
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I weight myself 2 times a dail but only track on Monday mornings. I like to weight myself in the moring as soon as I wake up and at night before I go to bed. I usually am 3 lbs heavier at night but the reason why I do it is because it makes me feel good that even at my heaviest I am still 6lbs lighter then before.