Repairing your broken furnace (Metabolism)

Options

Replies

• vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I loved this article, because my metabolism is getting sluggish and I really want to kick it into overdrive. It makes me wonder if synthetic sugars like splenda also cause the insulin rush and screw with my metabolism. I am trying to eat cleaner, smaller meals throughout the day versus binging on a big supper etc. It's funny because when you eat those big meals, even if you are under your calorie intake I always felt too full and didn't think it was a healthy way to eat. Thanks again!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!! i have been eating very low carb, but i think i am going to change it up and start following this plan tomorrow. thanks again!

That plan is basically a controlled carb plan....................

i eat the very way that the article states and I am on the Atkins plan................

Great article that shows controlling carbs really works and it DOES depend on the type of carbs you are feeding your body to make it work properly.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    bump
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks for the good info! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Bump
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Tagging for future reference. Thanks!
  • aabbccdd
    Options
    Bump
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    great article, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    tagging. Thanks very much for posting this!!!
  • flospoon
    flospoon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tagging. Thx
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just read your article quickly and don't have time to read all the post right now, so I might be repeating a question already asked, but here goes:
    I was just about to post a question about "fat burning furnace" an e-book I bought a few months ago and just as I was going to I came across your article!
    Here's my question: In FBF, they say that you should give your metabolism time to rest between exercise sessions and that you shouldn't train for too long or too often, otherwise, you might overtrain yourself and get no results... What do you think about that?
    I currently do 30 day shred (interval of strength (weights)for 2mins, cardio for 2 mins, abs for 1 min=20 mins total) and I use the heaviest weight I can to reach fatigue (even failure) at the end of the 30sec set (there is 2 strength exercises per 2 mins 30sec each 2 times) and I do it everyday except 2 days rest during the weekend. If I rely on what I read in FBF, I should do it every other day (3 times one week, 4 times the other week), but I'm afraaaaaid :blushing:! I want results quick and FBF goes against everything I've learned up until now... Even though I want to believe it instead of training everyday:grumble: ! Any advice?
    I think human metabolism is fascinating, and I hate the thought of training or restricting my food intake in vain. So if you're a connoisseur, feel free to share :laugh: !
    And I'll read your article more thoroughly and the other posts when I get a chance :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    going to print it and post the 10 tenets. thank you.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Bumping for later when I'll have time to read the whole thing :wink:
  • Fat_n_Happy
    Fat_n_Happy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great article.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    very informative...thank you :)