Rap music

Options

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    If you've heard ONE rap song, you've heard BOTH of them.
    No my cup of tea.

If you don't like rap then why did you feel the need to even come into this thread? That 43 seconds it took you to post that could have been better spent.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If you've heard ONE rap song, you've heard BOTH of them.
    No my cup of tea.

If you don't like rap then why did you feel the need to even come into this thread? That 43 seconds it took you to post that could have been better spent.

Take it easy on Don. He's 65, and he just got off his blood-pressure meds. He probably doesn't even remember posting. Cut the guy some slack. :smile:
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    I do understand why people dislike rap Some of it is stupid like waka floca flame though i still listen to a few of his songs But as most of us know lots of rap isnt like that I dont mind people not embracing it just respect those that do
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Rap music died with Tupac..

That being said, I do love me some Tupac, BIG, Eazy-E, Warren G, Bone Thugs...
  • lukeout007
    Options

Ummm...you say it died with Tupac...you know Warren G & Bone Thugs still make music right?
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Ummm...you say it died with Tupac...you know Warren G & Bone Thugs still make music right?

Yes, I realize that. I'm saying that I don't believe it's as good as it was back then...IMO
  • lukeout007
    Options

Yes, I realize that. I'm saying that I don't believe it's as good as it was back then...IMO

Fair enough. I disagree. But I understand where the opinion comes from. And I think a lot of people share the same one.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Fair enough. I disagree. But I understand where the opinion comes from. And I think a lot of people share the same one.

That's the beauty of music, we all are entitled to our own opinions, and no body is wrong.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Immortal Technique and K'naan!
  • lukeout007
    Options

That's the beauty of music, we all are entitled to our own opinions, and no body is wrong.

You're forgetting where you are though..."The MFP Forums: Where Even When Nobody Is Wrong You're Wrong!"
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    YES! me! love it all!
    my biggest motivator, by far!
    i like old and new school..
    eminem (saw him and Jayz in Detroit in 2010, best concert ever)
    jayz
    2pac
    biggie
    UGK
    old Ludacris
    old 3-6 mafia
    bun b
    old fabulous (sp?)
    i'm forgetting a ton...
  • hawk1jen
    hawk1jen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I love my Rap music!!! Mostly old skool but I like some of the newer artists too. Rap along with Techno totally motivate my workout!!!
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I agree with daffodil.

When my friend puts it on in his car, i feel like like a 12yr old kid is driving. 90% of those songs are claims of all their women, all their money, and how they're all pimps or things of that sort. Oh and how they would bust a cap in ur *** etc...

just wanna be fairy tales.

While I'm all for the "everyone has their own opinion" thing...is it really necessary to come in and crowd this thread with ignorant claims of a genre you obviously know nothing about?
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like listening to DeadPrez Revolutionary But Gangsta and Stic Man's workout album. I love hip hop so I can name billions of albums I love, but those get me really amped and I have a more aggressive workout.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Warren G, BIG, JD, Tupac
  • hairspraymafia
    hairspraymafia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No just them. It was awesome. Brought back soooo many memories! They only did about an hour and a half.

During the show the paid tribute to Eazy E, Notorious and Tupac by doing a song of each one. It was AMAZING. The crowd went wild.

They did the same in Montreal! POP POP! POP POP! POP POP POP POP! NO SURRENNNNDER! :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I would never listen to rap outside of the gym. Inside however - its my go to music. Eminem "Till I collapse" gets me through when Im struggling. And JayZ is amazing
  • lukeout007
    Options
    I agree with daffodil.

When my friend puts it on in his car, i feel like like a 12yr old kid is driving. 90% of those songs are claims of all their women, all their money, and how they're all pimps or things of that sort. Oh and how they would bust a cap in ur *** etc...

While I'm all for the "everyone has their own opinion" thing...is it really necessary to come in and crowd this thread with ignorant claims of a genre you obviously know nothing about?

okay maybe i was a bit over the top. I shouldn't have posted, i'll give you that. I know a lot about this genre. I have been listening to it since i was 13yrs old, up untill about mid twenties. I guess i just got sick of it.

I can't tell how old you are so I don't know how long ago your mid twenties were...but 90% is a pretty ridiculous figure. In the 40+ years that hip hop has been around in its evolving form I'd say the type of songs you are describing actually account for less than 40% of it. Yes...it accounts for 90% of what is on the radio...does that mean you should blame hip hop? Blame the public. They are the ones who refuse to listen to anything with substance.

And for the record...its not just radio hip hop that lacks substance...its radio music period.
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ]

I agree with daffodilsoup

Unfortunately what music is played on the radio and is mainstream is usually junk because that's the type of message they want to send out to the people, hip hop when it started wasn't about that and it still isn't. So the real music is mainly underground or even when it's a group that everyone knows and loves their music is not played on the radio if it has any type of positive message. If you think about it critically you would realize that there is a reason behind the fact that they only play pure bullsh*t on the stations that play supposed hip hop music, yea the beats are catchy but there is no substance. It's not a coincidence...
  • CrazyLazyStylist
    CrazyLazyStylist Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A good rap song will surely push you! If Im listening to a great one, I will keep going.