Strange foods your pet likes

Options

Replies

• katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I can simply cut into a tomato and my dog comes flying into the kitchen.. He also goes crazy for watermelon and any type of cheese from blue cheese to wrapped singles, parmesan to goat. He loves anything cheese.
  • siddyb75
    siddyb75 Posts: 5
    Options
    My moms cat Timmy loves marshmallows. She doesn't give him the whole thing, but holds it so he can take little nibbles off it. I used to have a horse named Irish that loved Chips Ahoy cookies lol. :smile:
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My dogs and cats will all eat anything I'm eating. Even if I have a salad on my plate, they will eat it because I do. All I have to do is leave a plate unattended and they will finish it off for me. Needless to say, the toxic foods are stored in the pantry where they can't get to them and plates are taken straight to the sink and washed if I have used one of them in food preparation (usually that is just onions). I admit, though, I'll put my plate of leftovers on the floor for them instead of putting it in the fridge. My favorite to watch was my lab eating corn off the cob.
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    my dog is ADDICTED to french fries.. Not just a little bit either, it's bad enough that he will start pacing and freak out in my back seat until he gets some.

Other than fries, he will eat almost anything. He does love pizza bones though (those crust pieces with the little bit of sauce and cheese)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    When he was younger, my cat would eat bacon (especially the fatty parts), french fries, grits, biscuits, chicken, eggs, turkey, potatoes, and toilet water. We once found him IN THE TOILET BOWL pulling a mission impossible move: meaning he threw all four legs out to balance above the water while he lapped up half the water...

Now he's older and doesn't eat that anymore, but he does like to inspect food with his nose lol.

And he still ONLY eats his wet cat food straight out the fridge and as cold as possible without being frozen, no matter the weather.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My cat LOVES sauerkraut...she was born in a heavily German area. Go figure
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My dogs refuse actual dog food, and will only eat organic free range chicken strips, from the dehydrator.

As for people food, they love protein bars, popcorn, pork chops, bacon, lentils, broccolli, carrots and potatoes.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Current dog loves Mango. Our Golden Retriever, that died at 15 when I was about 6, ate socks, paper as well as enjoying a Sunday Roast (the whole thing - my father spoiled him) and Beer. First discovered when my parents loaded up a grapefruit skin with beer to catch slugs and snails (don't ask me) and he emptied the whole thing.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My dog goes crazy and starts drooling over pizza. We have to make sure when we order pizza, that we don't leave the full box on the counter while we eat. We've lost many pizzas to him.
  • taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My childhood cat LOVED cantaloupe and watermelon but we also found him at the park in may/june and he was sooooo pathetic! I think the only reason he lived was because he was able to lick leftover BBQ food until he was rescued. My childhood dog also love apples, she would howl for them, it was so cute :)

My cat loves peas. He will meow like CRAZY for them. He's really odd... but now since he's and indoor/outdoor cat he perfers mice, moles, and birds.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    My dogs love the Mackintoshes that grow in the yard. If we're outside in the summer, they'll bring me 'good' ones off the ground (they've learned that I only want the ones with no holes/bruises on them!), and I will bite off pieces and share with them. I have two dachshunds that absolutely love beer - but the funny thing is, they have preferences! One prefers lighter beers, and the other loves dark malty ones! They usually get a sip or two off of my glass.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My cat Roark's favs include lentils, peas, plain lettuce, corn, and blue cheese crumbles. I would think the blue cheese makes sense, except all the other cats go barreling out of the room when I open the container :laugh: He's also been known to eat hummus and wheat thins if they are left unguarded.
  • saramatty
    saramatty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My terrier/chihuahua mix absolutely adores seaweed, especially the roasted strips. She also begs for steamed asparagus and chickpeas. In general she likes most veggies, raw, cooked and sometimes frozen, except for leafy greens (kale chips excepted) and carrots. Same goes for fruit--just about everything except watermelon, but that must be a textural thing because she loves drinking the leftover juice out of the bowl.
    Yep, she's my little weirdo :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I had a cat years ago that LOVED black-eyed peas. He also liked cabbage. One of my cats loves sweets of just about any kind unless it's chocolate or citrus flavored and he also likes hamburgers.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My friends dog lives next to an avocado field and she eats atleast 6 a day, skin and stone included. I don't know how she is still OK. I could not poo out 6 avocado stones! :/
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Cats love carbs. Mine love cooked pasta. Too much is bad though, since they're carnivores and not equipped to eat too much sugar. My Norman (also a cat) loves peanut butter.
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    My Boxer loves banana chips!!! :)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    My cat stole a piece of lettuce from my salad while I was making lunch the other day. Ironically, he's the fattest of all my animals.
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my dog goes crazy for bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, pudding, potato chips (sometimes we call her "chippy" because of this), cheez-its, any kind of cheese, barbeque sauce (i would advise against this - it's doesn't end well if you know what i mean)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    So I just discovered that my cat likes apples...because while I was holding the core he came up and started licking it. Never heard of a cat that likes fruit. I checked the webernet to make sure they were safe for him (onions, raisins, and chocolate are a no-no), and after finding out they are ok, cut some tiny chunks off of it for him and he ate them! Doesn't surprise me too much.....this cat is quite odd.

Does your pet like to eat something you would never have thought they'd eat?

I had a cat that LOVED nectarines! Would lick them as I ate it & rotated it. She also loved spaghetti-o's.