Zombies, Run! (running app)

Options

Replies

• zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Is this app fun on a treadmill, or do you actually have to change direction and such which would make treadmill use moot?

You could, but it wouldn't use GPS. I had one mission where my GPS didn't work, for some reason (probably similar to the issue another poster had, upthread). It merely instructed me to run faster for entire songs and zombies never closed-in on me, since the app had no way of knowing how fast/slow I was moving.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    sounds fun! this can help me get ready for my 10k in a few weeks
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I checked when I was out running with it by opening up Maps, and figuring out the distance I'd run that way. Despite turning on GPS for that individual app, it still says "acquiring GPS fix".

Here is what support suggested, and what I sent back...

"- Is GPS turned on in your phone's settings screen? I can't find this setting, but other apps like Maps are working fine, so I presume it is.
    - Does Zombies, Run! have permission to use location services in your phone's settings screen? It didn't, but it does now. This seems like the reason it wasn't working before but it is still "acquiring GPS fix". what should it say? I've rebooted the phone but no joy.
    - Do you have GPS signal in your area? Maps works, so I presume so! :)

Also, within location permission, a grey arrow is now next to Zombies, Run! and the mission distance has now turned from --.-- to 00.00."

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Now that you get 00.00 have you tried running? Does that number change? If it changes then GPS should be working.

That's what I figured, but I haven't had the opportunity to test yet. My employers are cruel people and chain me to the desk. I'll see what it does on the way home from work...

Annnnnnnd it works! As soon as i started moving around with it, the GPS sorted itself out, and the distance started clocking up. Can't wait to try this out again now with zombie hordes!
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Can't wait until it comes to Android! :)

You don't have to wait!

Did they already release it???

Somebody didn't read through the entire thread... :laugh:

Don't be so rude. It isn't out on Android yet, the one on Android is a different app. The makers of this app stated on the Guardian website a couple of days ago that it is out in May/June.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    To answer those people who were having issues with not getting 'Zombie Chases', I emailed the developers and this is what they say...

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your email! In order to get zombie chases, you need to fulfil the following criteria:

- You must be running Zombies, Run! version 1.1
    - GPS must be on & have a fix
    - You must have Zombie Chases turned on
    - You must be consistently moving faster than 3.5km/h
    - You must be consistently moving slower than 15km/h

If you're still having problems once you're sure you fulfil all these criteria, please let me know.

All the best,

Matt.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

You don't have to wait!

Don't be so rude. It isn't out on Android yet, the one on Android is a different app. The makers of this app stated on the Guardian website a couple of days ago that it is out in May/June.

It's not being rude. Had she read through the entire thread she would not have needed to ask, as this exact issue was clarified quite a ways up-thread.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    LOVE ZOMBIES!!! I am from the zombie capital of the world. So I must download.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I'M SO EXCITED TO TRY THIS.
    I will try this out during my run tomorrow!

Never thought I'd be so excited to be chased by zombies!
    This is great b/c I don't have to smell awful offal. :laugh: :wink:
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Totally not worth $8.00... They really need to lower the price of this app.
  • ItsMrsDoyle
    Options
    Definitely want to download this when it comes to Android!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I did it tonight on the treadmill, but will be taking it outside tomorrow to actually be chased :happy:
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Downloaded it and used it this morning! Awesome though I got caught by the zombies lol

My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Wednesday April 4th 2012

Mission 1
    7.5 km - 58 minutes

Abel Township Population - 78
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As soon as I finish C23K I am definately getting this! Hope my Ipod touch is compatible.
  • nero82
    nero82 Posts: 27
    Options
    omg this looks like the most awesome thing EVER
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This seems like fun. I just downloaded your whole playlist to check it out. I too will have to wait for the Android app to be released to give it a try though...
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Tuesday April 3th 2012

There was a bit of a glitch with the app yesterday as someone called me while I was running. The mission didn't kick in again after the call and my playlist stopped, but the time carried on going and I still collected things but I didn't get any mission updates. So I stopped and started the mission and it resumed from the last mission update.

Mission 13

1.54 miles - 23 minutes

*Stopped for phone call*

Mission 13 (continued)

1.90 miles - 32 minutes

Zombie mobs encounted: 1

Abel Township Population - 190
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    OMG!
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options

You don't have to wait!

Thank you that is what I thought, but I wanted to verify.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Downloading it now, going to use this afternoon, beautiful day in NYC, a city that already has its fair share of zombies and other misfits.