How to deal with people just taking up space in the gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ask if you can work in, or stare at them passive aggressively. :D

This is one of my pet peeves, only at my gym it's usually a guy on a piece of equipment I want to use just sitting there texting people and not lifting. *UGH* I checked the clock one time and the guy was there for 40 minutes! My gym time is precious to me, why would you waste it?

Well duh, then he couldn't text those girls and tell them he spends 4-6 hours a day at the gym!
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options

When addressing the teenage female remember, you cannot use complete sentences - this only confuses them, and everything must start with "Like, how many sets....." (as the father of a teenage daughter I know this to be true! :laugh: )

Like, OMG, this is like hilarious! ;)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    i just saw an argument at my gym start over this very thing. 2 guys couldn't work out to share a weight bench.

anyway, i just ask to alternate sets with them. that's what i do when our power racks are full and i need to share one with a guy who needs to do pull ups.

i would only tell a staff member if the other person was a d*ck about it. the way i see it i'm an adult i shouldnt have to immediately go running to someone official to resolve something so simple

"Hey man, can I work in with you?" "Sure." This works with the normal population. Curlbros are not normal.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use, "How long do you have left on this?".
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but I really don't understand people who are glued to their phones at the gym. It doesn't affect me in any way and is absolutely none of my business, and yet..... I feel annoyed. :) Also, I usually do classes, and even in some classes I see people on their phones! What in the what?!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Off topic, but I really don't understand people who are glued to their phones at the gym. It doesn't affect me in any way and is absolutely none of my business, and yet..... I feel annoyed. :) Also, I usually do classes, and even in some classes I see people on their phones! What in the what?!

I'm glued to the phone at the gym. I'm checking my program, adding what I e done in. Checking how much time left.
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    You could also try blasting Ludacris - Move B!tch on your phone.....?

Love this!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would say Justin Beiber is shooting hoops in the gym go quickly!