Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options
Okay people, i have done this program before and lost 30 lbs in no time. once i stopped, it slowly started creeping back. So i want to try it again I am moving this weekend so i have decided to get started on monday! anyone with me?? Lets do this!

GO TEAM GO!!

PS. the website is www.coolrunnings.com if you want to check it out. It is nine weeks that claims to be able to get any couch potato off their butts and running/jogging 5k in 9 weeks. It allows you to repreat weeks if you feel like you are not ready for the next week so you can kind of go at your own pace. I had to repeat 2 weeks, i think it was week 6 and 7 and then i got sick and had to stop, i want to reach and complete week nine this time!!!

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm with you!!! I had a baby in April and have 26 lbs to lose still!!! I ran the Broad St. Run in PHilly 3 years ago and want to try to do it again in May! :) GOOD LUCK!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    My wife and I have done this program We just started the marathon program. Our marathon is in February so we have lots of training to look forward to. We did 5 miles today. This is such a great program. We even talked my Mom (65yo) into doing the couch to 5k. She says she only walked but I keep telling her it is the same 5k as the runners. plus you have more time to enjoy the course. By being slower you really get your moneys worth:laugh:
  • Shelley130
    Shelley130 Posts: 142
    Options
    Okay people, i have done this program before and lost 30 lbs in no time. once i stopped, it slowly started creeping back. So i want to try it again I am moving this weekend so i have decided to get started on monday! anyone with me?? Lets do this!

GO TEAM GO!!

PS. the website is www.coolrunnings.com if you want to check it out. It is nine weeks that claims to be able to get any couch potato off their butts and running/jogging 5k in 9 weeks. It allows you to repreat weeks if you feel like you are not ready for the next week so you can kind of go at your own pace. I had to repeat 2 weeks, i think it was week 6 and 7 and then i got sick and had to stop, i want to reach and complete week nine this time!!!

I was just reading about this!! Count me in!!
    It looks like we are about the same weight with similar goals; we'll be good encouragement for each other :flowerforyou:
    Good Luck
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Good job emorym! I hope to get to that one too!

Anne, so glad to have a partner in crime! Let's do this!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options

GO TEAM GO!!

I was just reading about this!! Count me in!!
    It looks like we are about the same weight with similar goals; we'll be good encouragement for each other :flowerforyou:
    Good Luck

Alright Shelley! Lets do this! WOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • carlahgay
    carlahgay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in April also:) I want to lose 10 more lbs. and run a 5k in Dec...so count me in!
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Found the web sight. I will check it out. Sounds interesting
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I just finished week 3! I found a podcast on itunes that some guy recorded set to music. So he cues you the entire way...no thinking!! It's great. Not sure if it's still up I downloaded it a while ago just never quite got to the point to use it.
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I just finished week 3! I found a podcast on itunes that some guy recorded set to music. So he cues you the entire way...no thinking!! It's great. Not sure if it's still up I downloaded it a while ago just never quite got to the point to use it.

was it robert something? I have my buddy downloading that for me right now at his place.
  • woodside1986
    Options
    I had my daughter in December and am still trying to lose that last 37 lbs. My boyfriend also is trying to get back in shape and we decided to start on Monday...so count us in too!! WOOHOO!!!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I am so glad that we have such a big group coming together! I can't wait to wake up monday morning!
  • joanewright
    Options
    I started this last February but cut my foot in March, so I couldn't wear a shoe for 3 weeks. I'm ready to get started again, so count me in:)
  • joanewright
    Options
    How do I get the ticker on here? Mine is messed up and I can't figure it out! What can i say, I'm technology challenged...
  • dawnbosma
    Options
    :smile: Hello
    I am interested in coolrunnings.com. However the web sight goes to a domain site. Is anyone else having this trouble? Do I have the correct web address?
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!

i was just asking another group about this the other day & ppl said they'd tried it:smile: i'm so not a runner (barely a walker even lol) i usually use a stationary bike for cardio but i was planning to start on monday too so it would be great to have this group to motivate me!!! mfp rocks!!!!!!!

i look forward to hearing how y'all are going & will try to post regularly too! is everyone on a treadmill or open road?? i'm going to be alternating........ also, where can we download that timed music??? that would be a big help. lol

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE :flowerforyou: we can do this!!!!!
  • presariofaded
    Options
    Here's one site for podcasts;
    http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/

I've done this program before too but I'd like to do it again to work on my speed. (Last time I did it, my 30 minutes was only 2.5 miles :ohwell: ) So yeah, I'd love to join! :flowerforyou:
  • izriani
    izriani Posts: 17
    Options
    Count me in!!..

For those of you who enjoy's rnb and hip hop, there's another great podcast by suz. I dont have the address with me now but you can probably google it..:)

GO team GO!!..
  • izriani
    izriani Posts: 17
    Options
    Here's the hip hop podcast address

http://www.kissmyblackass.org/?page_id=86

Enjoy~!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You know, I've been wanting to start running again. A lot of positive feedback on this program.

I'm IN!! Tomorrow I start. I may even buy new running shoes. Hmm. Exciting.
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of the program but is it ok if I still join too? I LOVE IT! I am struggling with week four and might end up repeating it but oh well. Suz's podcasts are AMAZING They are really easy to follow and the hip hop music is upbeat enough and has a strong-enough beat to make running more interesting! I am looking forward to week 4 run #3 tomorrow morning at 6am!!! (ewwwwww 6am)

I think that anyone starting this program deserves a round of applause because it is intimidating to look at the end goal and say "hey Im going to run 5km in less than 3 months" but in the end....you really could!! Good luck to everyone!!!