Does a Man always want to Smash when . . .

Options

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Jealous men should marry someone ugly. If you marry someone that's hot, it comes with the territory.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    No, if I told my fiance that someone called me beautiful he wouldn't act like that. Maybe your husband has jealousy issues? My fiance would just say he agree's, he wouldn't get all hostile or bent out of shape..
    Then you have a good man! That is the way I am. If someone says my wife is beautiful, then I'd smile and say 'ya, I know. aren't I lucky?'!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Jealous men should marry someone ugly. If you marry someone that's hot, it comes with the territory.
    right on!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options

^^hit dead on
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If I told my husband that someone called me beautiful, he'd say "That's good!". He's not the jealous time...as much as I wouldn't mind him to be once in a while. However...if someone were to lay a hand on me...he'd kill them.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    As a man, I can say no definitively for myself. But that may be true for some.

Assuming that all men want to get with a girl just because a compliment is paid is a little bit paranoid IMHO.

side note, ugh, did you just use the term smash? That's very Jersey Shore of you :tongue:

I clicked on the thread because I had to know what on earth "smash" was supposed to mean... then I had to put it together with context clues.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

^^^^^^this.

Jealousy is so ****ing ugly. I hate it. It might be the only thing in life I actually hate.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No, not at all! My gay best friend tells me I'm beautiful all the time. That counts right?! Right?!?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My bf says I get hit on wherever I go...which, admittedly, holds some truth. He's cutely 'jealous' but he doesn't make a big deal out of it. He's happy he has a hot gf. :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends on the guy, but your husband shouldn't get jealous over it.

I catch guys checking my fiancee out all the timeand she always has guys hit on her when I'm not around. I take it as a compliment because I know she is hot and is coming home to me.
  • dtenzie
    dtenzie Posts: 24
    Options
    You know when I was a teenager and possibly in my early 20's I'm sure it was on my mind. Now not at all. Why not give a compliment if a person looks nice. I see nothing wrong with it, my wife tells me every Friday that a male coworker gave her a compliment. HAHA That keeps me on my toes to always compliment my wife.

In long term relationships or marriages that is the first thing to go is compliments.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i dont think its that serious. Men size up every woman they see. Thats what we do. What goes on in our head is our business lol but if a man pays you a compliment he just wants to let you know that stand out in a crowd and we appreciate your beauty.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Even if they did want to would it matter? As long as you have no interest than your hubby shouldnt have an issue. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who would smash if they had the chance but they won't have the chance cause ur a classy lady. Besides as a whacked out woman i do enjoy the flattery as long as it isnt taken to far or by a creeper.
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't tell my OH if anyone tells me I'm pretty, just not neccessary! I get told how hot he is on a regular basis...
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    it would depend on who it was that gave me the compliment...some men do just have a jealousy streak. I always ask my hubby if he really thinks that low of me,,that usually quiets him up
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i dont think its that serious. Men size up every woman they see. Thats what we do. What goes on in our head is our business lol but if a man pays you a compliment he just wants to let you know that stand out in a crowd and we appreciate your beauty.

I like that,
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You know when I was a teenager and possibly in my early 20's I'm sure it was on my mind. Now not at all. Why not give a compliment if a person looks nice. I see nothing wrong with it, my wife tells me every Friday that a male coworker gave her a compliment. HAHA That keeps me on my toes to always compliment my wife.

In long term relationships or marriages that is the first thing to go is compliments.

LIKE!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Nahhhhh they've evolved.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    wait.. if you compliment them.. they will be receptive to solitications?!?

this is premier stuff...

::pulls out microwave popcorn and eats while watching this thread unfold::
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Smash? uhm. ok.

Maybe I'm a bit twisted, but if someone hits on my girlfriend and she tells me about it, I just smile. Because she came home to me, not some other bloke.

So I totally don't get my pants in a twist over it. It's very flattering that she's choosing to have tea and biscuits with me.

Now if he's digging on her and I'm there, that's a different story.