30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• Summergirl_88
    Options
    Im doing L1 day 3 tonight & for the first time i'm excited to exercise! I feel like its really doing something, the last sit ups with the legs absolutely kill me but I manage. I haven't really done any exercise for years and so i'm quite unfit. It makes me feel really proud of myself that I can actually finish it with no breaks! Seeing all the pictures of people's results on here is so motivating as well, can't wait to be able to post mine :)
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've just been putting it under general aerobics, I don't know exactly either, but I figure its more of a guide line...

I've been doing it since March 27th and I can already see the results, moving onto Level 2 in 4 days...I hope I feel the burn again...
    Good luck!
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How are you all doing with the pain? I finished day 2 last night, and every part of my body aches. I'm doing day 3 tonight though, but wow. I can't walk without feeling the burn lol

If you join the group for the 30DS they tell you Jillian doesnt' reccomend doign it for 30 days straight She recommends doing 2 days 30DS then 1 day cardio then 2 days 30DS and 1 day cardio then 1 day rest. It will make it 7 1/2 weeks instread of 4 but I think I will have a better outcome

I've heard both. I think I wanna knock it out in 30, and then do ripped in 30 right after. I need to get this done before I turn 21 lol
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    are you guys eating back the exercise calories?
  • rysgal123
    rysgal123 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm going to start today too!
    I'm going to be doing it along with my other workout routine so i prob wont be doing it every day but i will get my 30 days in! Good luck everyone
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Today is day 7of the 30DS for me. I am doing 5 days of 30DS and then 2 rest days from it as i read that was recommended somewhere. Apart from my chest hurting the first couple of days i havent been in too much pain the following day.

I am using a HRM to log my calories and it is coming in at around the 320 mark per session (i am 171lbs and 5 foot 6) and whilst i might not eat all of my excercise calories back i eat back every single one i get from 30DS because it definelty feels like i earned them :happy:
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well day 3 certainly almost killed me. I wasnt gasping for breath as much as day 1 and 2 but I was all red puffy faced. Today Im taking a break because we are off for a family day out and doubt we will be back before 10pm..instead I shall be doing a lot of walking today. Gives my muscle a chance to repair if it needs to I guess :)
    Back on day 4 tomorrow though!
    So glad so many people have decided to join this thread and support each other. You guys rock!
    xx
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    are you guys eating back the exercise calories?

I'm eating back some but not all in case MFP is being a bit to generous with the calories burnt. Although after eating 1400odd cals im stuffed, even if my net is only 300 :/ xx
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Day 3 down! It still hurts some but seems a little easier to keep up. I am having the most trouble with the push ups, I think. I do one every time I am supposed to, but am not going down far enough. I guess it will get easier! I am eating more than when I was not doing the exercise, but am not eating back all the calories MFP tells me I have. I do my 30 DS in the morning and have had a lot more energy throughout the day. 27 more to go!!!
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    I use a hrm and log it in as circuit training because that's what this workout is - and JM refers to it as circuits during her dvd.

The last 2 days I've recorded 243 and 247 calories burned with my hrm.

I had SO MUCH energy yesterday that I went for a 3.5 mile run/walk last night when I got home from work yesterday.. and this morning after my day 2 I went on a 2 mile run/walk before work.

I guess I'm just highly motivated because I see great results throughout the message boards.

My personal trainer is on vacay this week.. when he comes back next week I will take off from 30DS 2 days a week from but I will still do a total of 10 days of each level.

I'm so committed this month...
  • JenniferDent_CHC
    JenniferDent_CHC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Started 30S today for the 2nd time :wink: I've been using it sporadically the past few weeks alternating cardio intervals on the treadmill. I haven't really seen the results I've been looking for so I'm going to do the 30 day plan of working out every day. I won't move to Level 2 until I can do all the pushups MAN STYLE! lol!

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm going to need the support! My legs feel ok (they are fairly strong), but my arms and shoulders feel like jello.

Let's go! We can do this!! I declare, I WILL NOT carry this extra weight into summer 2012! Woohoo!!
  • rahrah82
    rahrah82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Day 3 today... my arms are screaming noooooooo don't do it!!! anyone else in the same boat??
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! You all are doing an awesome job! I tried 30DS once and couldn't get pass level 1. However I am pump to start again April 9th. This time I will finish. I am trying to determine if I'm going to workout with no rest days or 1or 2 rest days. Not sure yet. Any suggestions? Good luck everyone! We can do this!
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 over and done with. To be honest I'm a bit disheartened. Sure I'm full of cold and I've not slept well for days so I shouldn't expect to have bounds of energy, but I felt like a day has been wasted because I couldn't give it my all. My upper body strength is laughable - really struggling to see even the easier pushups through. And is anyone else suffering from tight calves and/or shin splints during the cardio part? I really want to push through but I'm worried I'll do damage.
  • stayseeing
    Options
    What size weights do you use? I heard to use 3 lbs, but my arms are feeling the least amount of pain. Thinking about stepping it up to 5 lbs tonight.
  • stayseeing
    Options
    Push ups are hard for me too. You'll get better at it. My legs get very tight and feel a lot of pain, especially the butt kicks - whew. Each day has been a little easier
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I will do Lvl 1 Day 9 today (ten days on the program today.. skipped one day D;) but I am committed to do the rest of the workouts day after day!

With my school schedule, I don't really have the time to devote to extra cardio until summer time.. so 30 DS will be it for now haha =)

The only things I am still struggling with are pushups (I still do them girly style.. but I am getting deeper each day I do them which is a plus!) and the side lunges with the anterior raises... it KILLS me to do those.. I have to do the side lunges without the weights a couple times
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 4 done and although some of it is getting easier, I'm still struggling on being consistent with the push-ups and anterior raises. And my god, shin splints are KILLING me.
  • kbc525
    kbc525 Posts: 149
    Options
    Ummm - why was D3L1 so hard today... ughh. I didn't run afterwards.. I'll take a nice 1.75 mile walk during my lunch break... It was like pulling teeth this morning... I do feel pretty accomplished though now that it's done.:glasses:
  • ItsBeenSwell
    Options
    I just started 30DS this week. Jillian's reputation precedes her, this stuff is hard! I find yelling all kinds of awful things at the tv really helps get me through it though.