What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I've been thinking of trying Slim-Fast High Protein Mix. I am new to all of this, any ideas?
  • jaskelley
    jaskelley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    GNC Vanilla. Tasted like aspirin-flavored ice cream.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael Vanilla protein powder...gross gross gross
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk...hate the taste. I have 2 tubs sitting in the pantry waiting for dooms day and thats my last option.

I use Apex Fit chocolate and drink it with water and PB2 at least once to two times a day and love it.
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the protein powders yet. My best friend told me about one that she's using, but some of the ones in this topic sound awesome. I might have to get more than one can, totally taking notes too. :smile:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I had a free sample of Sun Warrior pea protein. It was the nastiest thing I've every tasted.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Whole Food's Vanilla Soy Protein powder, didn't taste like vanilla at all and it had a yucky aftertaste. Almost gave up on protein powder after trying that one since that was the first one I had tried. Luckily my MFP friends assisted me before buying any more powder and I have much better tasting protein powders now.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Anything with whole egg or egg white powder.. they actually taste pretty good but give me horrible indigestion and stomach upset!.. Real eggs don't bother me at all.. weird ain't it.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Personally I can't stay anything with whey in it. I have some weird allergic reaction to it plus they all have a weird aftertaste to them. YUCK!
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I've only tried Amp Wheybolic in a cookies and cream or vanilla flavosr. They are fine by me. I usually just do one scoop right after my workout. I found out that mixing a little crushed ice in there and chilling it like that makes it even better
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    ON caramel toffe fudge.... was ok to begin with but leaves a funky after taste and tastes odd with fruit so I resorted to mixing with just enough water to make it flow and would chug it.

Market Pantry Vanilla - lumpy no matter how it is mixed and tastes cheap.
    Whhhhaaaat? I use the market pantry vanilla and love it! Maybe my standards are low since it's my first protein powder, but I never had problems with lumps? /shrug
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of nasty protein powder. Many of the store bought ones have an after taste that lingers forever. I'm in love with the Vi-Shape mix from Visalus. Best I've ever had.

Me too! It is awesome. My results where stalled for months before I tried it, now I am dropping weight so easy! LOVE ViSalus!
  • bmac1996acc
    Options
    Weider
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Old school Designer Whey back in the early 2000's
  • Lill7028212
    Options
    Lean Body 40g RTD Strawberries and Cream!!! I could not finish get half way through the shake.

My favorite is either Gladiator Vanilla (from Smoothie King) or Isopure Creamy Vanilla with strawberries and pineapples.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I've tried lots of nasty protein powder. Many of the store bought ones have an after taste that lingers forever. I'm in love with the Vi-Shape mix from Visalus. Best I've ever had.

Me too! It is awesome. My results where stalled for months before I tried it, now I am dropping weight so easy! LOVE ViSalus!

Only problem with this is it is mighty expensive and about half the protein as other powders. Tastes good! Macros aren't too great though
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    GNC Vanilla. Tasted like aspirin-flavored ice cream.

^ Agreed! This stuff was nastyyyy.
    I didn't like Muscle Milk either.

I'm using this stuff called GAC Prolein now. Pretty good; my only problem is it may be TOO chocolaty for me! Haha.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    There is a vegetable protein you can get on Amazon.com. Its horrible tasting and for me was not digestible.
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    Anyone yet to try Shakeology? Its from beach body - and they have a vegan one and its supposed to be very finely ground....
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    gold stantdard 100% whey... cookies & cream .. i usually lover their products.. but damn it was gross. never again