FRIED FOODS.....is a No No

Options
Hi can we eat anything Fried.....I really miss fried catfish, if anybody know what i mean. Is all fried foods a No No...Dont touch

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    They are not the best choice but I believe evrything in moderation and smaller portions can be worked it. No deprivation but lifestyle changes.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. If you're planning on losing weight, make sure you're in a calorie defecit.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. If you're planning on losing weight, make sure you're in a calorie defecit.

this
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. If you're planning on losing weight, make sure you're in a calorie deficit.

This. If you want fried food, have it. Try logging it into MFP before you eat it to see if the numbers are okay for your allowance and then decide if it's worth it.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I would try to find a recipe to "oven fry" the fish
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    IMO and IME, NOTHING is a no no. All things in moderation.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Anything in moderation as long as you are ultimitely traveling toward overall healthier selections. I just ask myself, is this worth it? If the answer is yes, I don't look back. And let's face it, sometimes the answer is just YES!
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Pleeeease. I had chicken fried steak and mashed potatos the other night. I still managed to be under my calories. :)
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ok, that sounds good....i will try oven fried fish..but i wonder do u still have to use flour
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I personally don't consider anything a complete no-no. as long as you can work it into a generally healthy diet, and stay under your calories, I say a little bit is okay!!!

of course it will never been the HEALTHY option, but don't deprive yourself too much. :)

edit to add - but I would definitely encourage finding other ways to satisfy that catfishy craving. even breading and just baking is a way better idea!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    No............ If you even glance in its direction, you will instantly gain 20 lbs that will take a year to get rid of.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I second everyone's response. IF it's something you badly want it work it into your daily menu
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    ok, that sounds good....i will try oven fried fish..but i wonder do u still have to use flour

flour.. probably yes? but I'm sure you can look up gluten-free batters somewhere on the almighty internet
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    My husband and I like to have "fat days"... once evry couple weeks to once a month, we eat junk to get our fix and then the next day we're on our best behavior again. Plan a catfish day and go crazy, then the next day go back to being good!
  • newfiechick61
    newfiechick61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    since I started dieting I do all my fish in the oven. trout, cod, salmon anything. I just brush on a little olive oil and then I brush on a spicy mustard and bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes and it is awesome.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. If you're planning on losing weight, make sure you're in a calorie deficit.

This. If you want fried food, have it. Try logging it into MFP before you eat it to see if the numbers are okay for your allowance and then decide if it's worth it.

You can also look it up in the database so you can plan your daily meal around it, if you want it bad enough. You don't have to deprive yourself completely of the things you love. :love:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Try cornmeal or panko bread crumbs instead of flour for a crispier outside! This recipe is great and you get all the flavor of fried catfish with no guilt. Nice with a teensy bit of kick. Have it on some low calorie bread as a sandwich or on top of a salad of cabbage.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/oven-fried-catfish-2/
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Fried foods, greasy food, fast food... these are all things that you can either cut out completely or have in moderation depending on your willpower and if it works with your daily calorie goal. There's nothing wrong with having it every once in a while and in smaller portions as someone else mentioned. If you can though I would always check the calorie content before consumption, it can easily discourage you from eating it or give you an idea of what portion you need to be aiming for.

Always remember to drink lots of water during and after for the sodium.
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    I think denying yourself anything is never a good thing. All in moderation! My thing is crisps, the odd bag now and then isn't going to kill me in the long run, as long as I'm within my daily calorie goal. Life's too short!! :o)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever you want....just moderatly. eating one or two pieces of fried catfish every now and then won't KILL you, just make sure to put in a good workout to make up for it. Or try frying it at home with olive or grapeseed oil, or any monosaturated fatty oils