What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It was not a powder but I was in a pinch and picked up a tube of Body Fortress Super Whey Protein Shot, Fruit Punch flavor. It was horrific... like biting into a gelcap cold pill. If the taste was not bad enough, the aftertaste was impossible to get rid of.
  • nikki_1979
    Options
    worst -- MLM Dutch Chocolate Whey protein

best -- Jillian Michaels Triple Chocolate Whey Protein Shake
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - blech!

I like Body Fortress Strawberry.

Body by Vi tastes THE BEST but not crazy about macros (or the cost)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - blech!

I like Body Fortress Strawberry.

Body by Vi tastes THE BEST but not crazy about macros (or the cost)

We are the exact opposite! I love that Chocolate PB! and the cookies and cream too. but the fruit ones... I'll pass
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Eat Good Look Good, vanilla ...HORRIFYINGLY AWFUL! had to buy it in a crunch at wal mart..god its GROSS!

best tasting is BSN Lean Dessert Protein...cocolate coconut candy bar........AH-MAZE-ING!
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    blech! this one i am drinking right now (Gnc Pro Performance - Whey Iso Burst in Banana Berry) .... ewww. everytime i drink it i burp it for the rest of the day. :( Dunno if its just the flavour, not necessarily the brand. but yuck.

LOVED BioX Xtreme Power Whey Complex in Chocolate Peanut Swirl. Best stuff ever! Too bad my GNC doesn't carry it anymore. :(
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    GNC Vanilla. Tasted like aspirin-flavored ice cream.

And the chai flavour as well, leaves a nasty aftertaste.
  • snuggllepuff
    Options
    HAHA YES ISOPURE MANGO PEACH IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER TRIED.
    No.. really. I mean, I thought I could just force it down. Not even possible haha.

Best proteins I've had are Platinum Hydro Builder in chocolate. It's really thick and fulling so it mixes well with water. Tastes like chocolate pudding.

And Promax peanut butter chocolate. AMAZING flavor. Crazy overpriced though.. but the taste it worth it.
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    blech! this one i am drinking right now (Gnc Pro Performance - Whey Iso Burst in Banana Berry) .... ewww. everytime i drink it i burp it for the rest of the day. :( Dunno if its just the flavour, not necessarily the brand. but yuck.

LOVED BioX Xtreme Power Whey Complex in Chocolate Peanut Swirl. Best stuff ever! Too bad my GNC doesn't carry it anymore. :(

GNC has a return policy on their proteins.. As long as you haven't used more then half they usually take it back. Tell them it's not agreeing with you and pick up something else to try.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Chocolate and Extreme Milk Chocolate. Both garbage. I bought 5lb tubs too, took forever to get rid of them. Had to mix them half and half with some Myofusion Milk Chocolate to make them even bearable. Never again!
  • tzaccario
    Options
    It was not a powder but I was in a pinch and picked up a tube of Body Fortress Super Whey Protein Shot, Fruit Punch flavor. It was horrific... like biting into a gelcap cold pill. If the taste was not bad enough, the aftertaste was impossible to get rid of.

I picked up their chocolate so I can leave it at my desk, and honestly it's not much better at least to me
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I take Selekta Clear which was prescribed to me - it's Rice Protein for liver detox and it's Vanilla Orange flavoured.....seriously....who the eff picks "vanilla orage" as a flavour. I flipping hate creamsicles. And there is no other choices. Thank goodness I'm almost off it.

Blech!!!

I have another rice protein powder that's Prarie Naturals Cafe Caramel flavoured and it's not bad!
    Although I find that rice based ones are SUPER SUPER chalky, but i'm getting used to it.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

GNC has a return policy on their proteins.. As long as you haven't used more then half they usually take it back. Tell them it's not agreeing with you and pick up something else to try.

Oh? I did not know this. I am going to try that! I've barely used it so they should return it.

Thanks for the info!! :)
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    New to the powdered stuff and the only one I have tried is Body Fortress Strawberry( Walmart lol). I mix it with diluted almond milk in a blender cup and it is satisfying. I going to try some other brands though...
  • tzaccario
    Options

Oh? I did not know this. I am going to try that! I've barely used it so they should return it.

Thanks for the info!! :)

No problem, it was a bit of info shared with me so I figured I would pass it on :smile:
  • slimgal613
    Options
    Well I am new to all the protein powders, but just ordered CytoSport Cytomax Sport Energy Drink and Pure Protein 100 % Whey Protein, Frosty Chocolate. For pre and post workout. Very excited to try and hope I will like. Will start as soon as it comes in the mail. ;)
  • Rbmay
    Rbmay Posts: 4
    Options
    Genisoy and Spirutein are good.
  • energy4life
    Options
    pea protein! I couldn't even get it down. I tried because I have problems with soy.
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Muscletech Vanilla. It seriously has a metallic taste.

I love Muscletech Vanilla. Hy-Vee brand chocolate and Pure Protein Cookies and Cream have been the worst I have had so far.