What is the WORST protein powder you have had?

Options

Replies

• Angelatrudel
    Angelatrudel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ok I see alot of bad proteins lol, I have never taken any protein powders, are they very useful with weight loss? If so which would be a good one to try out?
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    MuscleTech Advanced Chocolate Whey Protein. It tasted great, but it gave me diarrhea after about 3 doses and possibly a kidney stone. :(
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    the worst I have ever tried. was MyProtein impact Wey protein & isolate, they are nasty nasty nasty

my absolute favourite is USN pure protein IGF in any flavour, if you whisk them with electric whisk they go thick and creamy just like McDonald's milkshakes...... yuuuuuummmmmm
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    GNC Vanilla. Tasted like aspirin-flavored ice cream.

If its the AMP60 kind, I have added frozen Mangos and found it to be pretty good.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i heard someone say GNC vanilla was bad...I actually like the GNC Vanilla Soy. I blend it with frozen Blueberries and some water. But i don't like the sucralose and since I need protein shakes twice a day, I need an alternative.

I got the Vega vegan protein powder. No me gusta :(
    I go trader joes Hem protein powder. No me gusta :(

So I'm back to GNC twice a day.

(I'm vegetarian so I need lots of extra protein!)
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Oh cool! I'm not big on rice crispies, but I think it'll mix better with the various fruits I usually have. I've considered mixing the chocolate w/my strawberries, but I'm too chicken so far. I think chilling a pot of coffee to mix with it will help. (And taste like a Frappuccino, I hope!) The chocolate is pretty good, just limited mixing options compared to vanilla. My husband tried it with the peanut butter and said it was "too rich" and tasted like a Reese's. :laugh:

Chocolate with the PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter - Real peanuts just not all of the oil) peanut butter is good, still have that PB taste but its not as strong .

I've heard of PB2, and I would gladly substitute my processed junk for it, if I had any clue where to get it from.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The worst I ever had was a pea protein...I don't even remember the brand. I kept it for years thinking I'd use it in baking to give my son some extra protein but it just tasted so bad I never used it. Three years later, I finally tossed it!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options

Chocolate with the PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter - Real peanuts just not all of the oil) peanut butter is good, still have that PB taste but its not as strong .
    I've heard of PB2, and I would gladly substitute my processed junk for it, if I had any clue where to get it from.

http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html or you can find it on Amazon.com.. I was pretty surprised at how good it was, especially in a shake b/c you don't have to go crazy to mix it in :happy:
  • BeetleChe13
    Options
    ok I see alot of bad proteins lol, I have never taken any protein powders, are they very useful with weight loss? If so which would be a good one to try out?

They're useful for weight loss in that getting enough protein helps your body maintain your lean body mass while you lose excess fat. You should aim for 1g of protein daily per lb of lean body mass.
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    The worst was Balanced Planets Super Foods w/ PGX Whey Protein --- tastes like what i would imagine baby's puke would taste like :(

My faves are Life's Basic Plant Protein, Vega, and Amazon Superfoods (although i don't think this one is very high protein- it just makes me feel groovy)
  • BeetleChe13
    Options

http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html or you can find it on Amazon.com.. I was pretty surprised at how good it was, especially in a shake b/c you don't have to go crazy to mix it in :happy:

Thanks! I bookmarked it for my next pay day. I'm glad it's affordable.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - blech!

I like Body Fortress Strawberry.

Body by Vi tastes THE BEST but not crazy about macros (or the cost)

Macros=Macronutrients (proteins, Carbs and Fats) Why are you not crazy about macros?
    The cost is only $1.50 per shake / meal

How much is Body Fortress per meal???
  • WorkingMyButtOff
    Options
    bump
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    I have heard alot about body by vi for weightloss does it really help with weightloss anymore then just watching cals and getting exercise. I have lost 98.5 lbs and seem to be going back and forth up and down 1 lb cant seem to get the 1.5 lbs off to reach my original goal of 100 lb loss. I know it is only 1.5 lbs but it is important to me to reach my goal....
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter - blech!

I like Body Fortress Strawberry.

Body by Vi tastes THE BEST but not crazy about macros (or the cost)

Macros=Macronutrients (proteins, Carbs and Fats) Why are you not crazy about macros?
    The cost is only $1.50 per shake / meal

How much is Body Fortress per meal???

Not sure per meal, but it cost $15 for a 2lb container.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Body fortress = 27 servings of one scoop (140 calories, 26 g protein) or 13.5 of the 2 scoop (280 calories, 52 g protein). At 15.00, that's 55.6 c a serving or $1.11 a serving, respectively.

*there's also coupons out pretty regularly to save anywhere from 1.00 to 3.00 per container which is a significant amount for the penny-wise. :)
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael Vanilla protein powder...gross gross gross

Agreed. I generally like her stuff. This was not only gross, it gave me the worst, most heinous disgusting gas! DH thought something died inside me!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    (or one of the tickers to the side is a 3-pack bundle for 39.00!!! I'll bite since I just ran out today!!)