Bikers!!!

Options

Replies

• jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    there is that guy that rides in a thong on 360...

That's a mental image I just didn't need.... :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

He's REALLY tan! lol
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    was so hoping for a motorcyle thread!

^^^^ This!!!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I just like the way the seat makes me feel.

you ought to try it on a Harley if you like that vibration between your legs.. :smokin:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

you ought to try it on a Harley if you like that vibration between your legs.. :smokin:

I used to own a heritage softtail......
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You can't look any worse than me. I wear full lycra that's all sorts of colours, I'm going really fast so I don't look pretty and half the time my *kitten* is hanging out so It can't get much worse. I've got the trek 2.1 racing bike it's a really nice bike but I don't mind other cyclists, as long as you stay in the lane so I can go past you relatively easily then it's cool. It's the people that come off the kerbs after trying to take a shortcut that really annoy me because I'm going much faster and there's cars around.

Oh and to add to that, I did that route on a brompton one of those little fold up bikes, 20 mile round trip and I didn't care one bit! I switched to a mountain bike, then a 1980's racing bike then a road bike so I've enjoyed them all, never let people make you feel like that, the fitness levels are going up too :)
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    was so hoping for a motorcycle thread!

Same...
    Same here.
    This topic should be cyclist. Not Bikers.
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

He's REALLY tan! lol

LOL I would hope so!! I never create a mental image of these kinds of people being in shape though... I always go to something you'd see made into a motivational poster, ecard, or something you'd see on Tosh.0
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's all about the engine not what it looks like. I am proudly a MAMIL (Middle Aged Man in Lycra) however it's all ways good to see people enjoying the ride.
  • fletchbo
    fletchbo Posts: 4
    Options
    Who cares what they think? My bike is from '88 and I don't wear any of those "uniforms". Oh and I ride motorcycles too and don't wear those silly outfits that the image seekers like to wear.
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am also a newbie to cycling and have called it biking a lot. I have learned that motorcycles refer to themselves as bikers more that bicyclists do. There are some very serious riders in Louisville, KY and I don't pretend to be even in the same relm as them. I ride my bike to and from work, bars, grocery store and every now and then a workout. I ride in a helmet, t-shirt and pants or shorts. No spandex... I have borrowed a pretty kick *kitten* Rapha coat for the cooler days from my cyclist bf. He is very proud of me even though I am a newbie!!!

Ride on, and enjoy.... its better than driving!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options

You tell her brother! :drinker:
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I've been cycling since the start of the year, and I know how you feel. Out in scruffy clothes, pedalling along slowly - there are a few cycling groups near where I live, and a couple of times I've been overtaken by a group of five to ten professionals. Makes me feel ridiculous! Oh well.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I wear plain black tri shorts and whatever T-shirt is at the top of the pile in my drawer. For rainy & cooler weather I used my fluorescent yellow running shell (you can see me a mile away & it does double duty with my running) - I picked up an entry level road bike a couple of years ago after riding a metric century on my commuter bike (and I joined a tri club)

I don't worry about what others are wearing, just that they don't do anything stupid that endangers me.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    was so hoping for a motorcycle thread!

Same...
    Same here.
    This topic should be cyclist. Not Bikers.

it's a fitness site. get over it :flowerforyou:
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Where I come from, it's much more car drivers v cyclists than "serious" cyclists v. "casual" cyclists. I think that most people don't really care if you're serious about it or not.
    Just like how I go "running" in yoga pants and a baggy tee and "run" a 12-min mile on a good day. I'm sure there are runners out there who would look down on me for not being a "real runner", but I'm pretty sure those kinds of people have their own issues and would find something they don't like about me either way.

On a side note, I have a father and a friend that often bike 50 miles as a "casual" bike ride on the weekends, and neither of them *ever* wear spandex. :)
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    was so hoping for a motorcyle thread!

^^^This!!
    I was really hoping for that too! :drinker:
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do hardcore bikers look down on non-hardcore bikers? Like, I ride my bike (mountain) to work, and I wear my helmet, some yoga pants and a tee shirt. This guy passed me today all decked out in his matching riding gear, his road bike, and all. I felt like the poor kid with the dirty face and a paper sack lunch.

LOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel the same way some times I pass two hardcore bikers one is an older guy he always says keep going or hoorah or your doing great. The other one I pass is an older woman I smile and say hi as I do everyone and I get like a *****y half smile like why do I have to waste my face muscles smiling at you! hahaha
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I don't think so! I have a couple friends who are big into biking and they're usually happy to see other people getting into it. Unless you're committing some kind of huge bicycle ettiquite fail or something... :)

I don't think so... I was in the bike lane, helmet, hand signals.... lol

Then you're already doing more than a lot of the cyclists I know! LOL Most of us don't look down on the casual biker. Kudos to anyone who is willing to get on that bike to commute :flowerforyou:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I was another one assuming (hoping) it would be a motorbike thread.

Shame :sad: