Your favorite workout DVD and why?

Options

Replies

• LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like any of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds. They are essentially low impact aerobics with combinations of 4 moves. Simple enough to follow but also a great burn.

^^^THIS^^^

I lose Leslie's workouts! My favorites are "4 Fast Miles" (about 50 minutes) and "Big Burn" (about 30 minutes).
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It really depends what level you're at, I think. Everyone has great suggestions, but if you're just starting out, then Insanity or P90X isn't the place to start, in my opinion.

If I had to suggest a beginner to intermediatte workout it would be Turbo Jam. Chalene is fun and the workouts are kickboxy (I find it therepeutic to punch and kick) and there are some shorter and longer workouts.

My favorite DVDs are Cathe Friedrich though. I think I have every single one of hers! She has beginner workouts and a lot of advanced workouts. I started out with Step, which is my ultimated favorite kind of cardio. But she has a TON of others, low impact ones, kickboxing, hi/low, weights. If you're interested at all you can check out her website. cathe.com
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm fully on the 30 Day Shred bandwagon right now. I love/hate Jillian, but there's no arguing that she gets results fast! A month ago I struggled through a girly push up and now I'm rocking planks.

After reading all of these I've loaded up my amazon cart. I guess there are worse things I could do with my money.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian michaels. The movements are very effective but pretty easy to follow (but it's not an easy workout by any means). I did 6 week 6 pack and was dripping sweat. Her 30 day shred vid is pretty good too!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. It's intense!!
  • SweetTayta
    SweetTayta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love anything Leslie Sansone because it's actually a great low impact calorie burn gets the heart pumping, I always love Turbo Jam because of the turbo boost part I love love love it and last but not least I love Biggest Loser Cardio Max because I feel like I'm getting two in one cardio and a little sculpting!!!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love the Walking Cardio Shape Up DVD by Chris Freytag
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love Turbo Jam. I now do the classes live at my gym under the name TurboKick but it is still a Chalene Johnson program.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jcjr37
    jcjr37 Posts: 4
    Options
    Zumba Cardio
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I like any of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds. They are essentially low impact aerobics with combinations of 4 moves. Simple enough to follow but also a great burn.

These but the 5mile dvd that comes with a resistance band so that I can work out my arms at the same time. Woot Woot.
  • Blondeone10
    Options
    Zumba DVDs. They're so fun that it doesn't even feel like exercise!

:heart: Absolutely agree! I started out with the single songs at low intensity and worked my way up to a comfort zone. It doesn't feel like exercise until I hit the steps the following morning!
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wii Just Dance 2
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Well...none of them are exactly FUN for me, but Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism from Jillian Michaels is a great burn and it's fast paced. No More Trouble Zones also kicks my butt, quite literally. My butt muscles are sore for several days after that one.
  • ketpai
    ketpai Posts: 1
    Options
    INSANITY WORKOUT :: Flex flex:: I sweat my butt off, I feel like I died the next day...but its a good pain...lol
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred girl here too......... that an ancient YMCA video (yes, I did say video!) which is a combination of cardio and strength on days when I would thrown something heavy at the TV if I had to do the shred again......... damn that woman works you :sad:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    anything by Jillian Michaels, she's awesome!
  • Staciaj08
    Staciaj08 Posts: 19
    Options
    30 Day Shred for sure!!
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Like many others on here, I too enjoy 30 Day Shred. It's challenging, short, easy to follow (for those of us who are rhythm challenged), and I like the kinds of exercises Jillian chooses. It forces me to work other areas of my body I wouldn't normally work.
  • tinchick
    tinchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hands down, my favorite workout DVD is Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Day Slim Down - A Mile Each Morning.
    It's so easy because it's just walking, but it actually gets me up off my butt and exercising.

You can choose between 5 miles that focus on different body parts and they each take about 12-14 minutes (not including warmup and cool down, which are included). And it's not just walking on a treadmill or something. You walk in place, do side-steps, kicks, and knee lifts. Those are the four basic steps and she varies it up as you go.

Plus, the woman on the DVD, Leslie, is very encouraging and sincere. A rarity with workout DVDs.
    Absolutely recommend it!