30 day shred

Options

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    The good thing about this exercise program is that if you fail you can just restart it when you get ready. It's yours to keep, not a significant financial investment, and JM is ready when you are to kick your butt!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Today will be my 8th day doing the shred. Previous to starting it, I hadn't been to the gym in a couple of years and really only did "exercise" on the wii fit or by taking walks. Day one was TOUGH. Day two hurt like crazy.. but the days following I found I had more endurance. I heard a lot of people say if you can make it past day four, you're good. I have to agree. After day four or five it gets easier. If you are in pain and do need to take a rest day, I strongly suggest you do. I took one rest day on what should've been day 7 and I'm glad I did because my back was in pain! Yesterday felt a lot better after having a day off to recuperate.

My advice would be to definitely take measurements because the scale actually started to go up when I started doing the workouts. You will be gaining more muscle and retaining more water, which doesn't reflect nicely on the scale. The measurements will show much more success! Also, if you don't already eat back your excerise calories it may be a good idea. I started doing so around day 3 or 4 and actually started dropping weight (small amounts) the next day. Not eating enough is almost (if not just) as bad as eating too much. Finally, I'll point out that Jillian Michaels did a podcast once that recommended in a week doing : two days shred, one day cardio, two days shred, one day cardio, one day rest, repeat. I'm not necessarily following that as I'm attempting to do it as much as possible but it probably is good advice!

Good luck!! I dreaded it at first but now I look forward to doing it! :)
  • miavera
    miavera Posts: 4
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred I'm new also and is it something someone very large could do:smooched: and also a little older person I said it I'm oler and larger.
    :bigsmile:
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred back in February. I'm slightly embarrassed to tell you that when I started, I couldn't even get through the whole set of jumping jacks without taking a breather. I was SO out of shape. But I stuck with it. I did it every other day, 10 days on each level.

It's tough. And I'm sure she was trying to kill me, but I won! I got through the entire thing and had noticeable results! I lost almost 2 inches from my waist, 1.5 inches from my hips.

Give it a shot. I'm glad I did!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Did it for the first time yesterday and then again today. It's not terrible...especially since it's only 25 minutes (with warm up and cool down). I'm definately sore, and I did have to take breaks because my muscles are not used to do those kinds of exercises. But I'm anxious to see the results.

I'm not, however, doing it every day. Here is the schedule I'm following (and the one Jillian recommends):

Sun/Mon: 30DS
    Tues: Cardio
    Wed/Thurs: 30DS
    Fri: Cardio
    Sat: Rest (although I might try to sneak walks in if it's nice outside)
  • Nickoled
    Nickoled Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can find the 30 Day Shred online and download it for free, that's what I did. I am not in the best shape and my first time doing it I thought I was going to die! :-) It really kicks your butt.
  • cbush0315
    cbush0315 Posts: 18
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday. It is absolutely not an easy way out BUT it's nice for people who have a busy schedule and you can do it at home! =) I'm feeling kind of sore today but I hear the first week or so is the worst. I would absolutely recommend it. She has two girls in the video with her and one does an advanced version and the other does a little bit of an easier version of all of the moves!
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh my god so overwhelmed with the responses!! Thanks everyone after reading this I am DEF gonna give it a go!! Sounds like its going to be hard but results look great! I have Brought it online, thanks again everyone, will post before/after pics! Anyone interested please feel free to add as a friend I could do with some motivation!! :) x
  • jnlk80
    jnlk80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok I did day 2 today! I am not going to lie, everything hurts. I never made it past day 8 last time. My goal is to see what level two looks like!
  • jnlk80
    jnlk80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what to record it under in the fitness part? I did general aerobic and only got 166 calories. It has to be more than that right?
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I started the 30ds today (again, I tried like a month before but was out after day 4... )
    It feels great after! You just have to make yourself start, then it is over in no time! ;) Anyone starting today or tomorrow....feel free to add me, we can get through the whole thing together !!
  • Lilith47
    Lilith47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what to record it under in the fitness part? I did general aerobic and only got 166 calories. It has to be more than that right?

I put it under vigorous calisthenics, that should be about right ;)
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start the shred tomorrow! I just finished Jillian's Ripped in 30 and had great results! I know it may be harder than the Shred but it was the first video i've ever done and i was not perfect! I think I will be fine with the 30 day shred! I did my video every day with only 4 days of rest and I also did 45 minutes of cardio as well as watch my calories. I believe doing it consistently is the key. I was doing cardio before the video but did not get the inch loss like i did until i started doing the video 6 days a week. I'm ready to see what 30 day shred has to offer me!
    I will be lookin for shred friends and feel free to add me!
  • Narleta
    Narleta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of the shred. I feel like my cardio is improving already! I'm doing it two days in a row with another cardio option on the off day. I'm really enjoying it and like how Jillian gets after me to keep moving and "feel the burn!".
  • grace_ace1987
    grace_ace1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for the first time last night, I was winded and sweaty but I made it thru (ok I took a couple few second breaks to catch my breath!) I am not in any kind of shape and I did it with a few modifications but I still made it thru to the end and I will keep at it. It wont kill me :-)

Me to tonight was day 3 its hard but we can do it- are you going to wait until day 30 to weigh yourself and redo measurements?
  • Amberella_Angel
    Amberella_Angel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today will be my Day 3 on the 30 Day Shred and my entire body feels like lead and sore! I can't even remember the last time I worked out prior to this! xD I used to work at a Doctors office and was on my feet all day, but now I work at a desk job and I gained about 10-12 pounds in a matter of 3-4 months! I figured it was time to put an end to this weight gain and heard about the 30 Day Shred.

We can do it together! Because I definitely need the motivation to go on! It makes every part in my body sore! I can feel the burn, though! I just wish I had someone to work out with! It's always better doing it with someone to motivate each other!

Also, feel free to add me! :)
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred again for the 2nd time. Its a pain at first and you have to push through it but it does get easier. I just did day one of level 3 today and I love it.
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 (2nd day) and have already lost 3 lbs and over 3 inches from my waist, hips and thighs combined. Plus I've added a quarter inch to each bicep. I have to mute the tv and crank the music. It gets old listening to Jillian after you've memorized the routine! You'll do great! Good luck!
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    The first time I ever did the 30DS it kicked my *kitten* so bad I couldn't get in all the reps. Pushed through and finished the entire video. Decided to do it a second time, much easier the second time.
    It hurts, and burns and sucks.

But so worth it! :drinker:
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    I bought the video just before my vacation I got one day in I was very sore but I can not wait to get home and do it some more.