What do you do to keep yourself from eating?

Options
Ok just for fun tell me what do you guys do keep from eating when you've completed your Log. Like for me if I'm in the kitchen I'll keep eating even if I'm done logging my food so I brush my teeth or I go on the computer what are some of the thing you do to occupy your minds with?

Replies

• littleone420
    Options
    Drinking a glass of water before meals is suppose make u fullier. chewing sugar free gum can help u not eat as much. Talking to friends can help u keep ur mind of food. And eatting veg and fruit can also help u not eat as much
  • angelashay42
    Options
    I drink tea. I have strong flavors... like Cinnamon Apple or Peach or Blueberry. I add Splenda and it tastes good and curbs my appetite.
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • superfly33
    Options
    I drink Yogi blueberry flavor green tea with one packet of Truvia. It helps shepherd my appetite
  • Gypsy_MerMom
    Gypsy_MerMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's all good ideas Thanks guys :-) I'll sure be using a few of them :-)
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Drink beer.

Heh.

I kid.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I drink tea. I have strong flavors... like Cinnamon Apple or Peach or Blueberry. I add Splenda and it tastes good and curbs my appetite.

A double mug of herb tea for me. My fav is Orange Spice.

Also, just turning off the TV and going to sleep works quite well.:smile:
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    i nice bit of chocolate ? ....but just a piece !

hmmm... am i the only one that can eat one tim tam biscuit over three days!! lol

my wife thinks i am crazy
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    go outside!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth.

blesssings.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Water... the body mistakes thirst for hunger sometimes. I've been drinking around 6 cups... never have done that in my life until getting on here!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    yeah definately lots and lots of water

oohh yeah and get on MFP and look at the posts, love the success stories so inspiring !!
  • mjoekidd
    mjoekidd Posts: 45
    Options
    Increase your water intake especially if you are working out. If your water intake is low i would up it to 10 cups or more and see if that helps. You can also eat something high in fiber to curb your appetite.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I try to imagine I'm in prison and it's after dinner so there's nothing to eat. That still leaves me with the option of rioting for food but if it's late at night I'm usually too tired to riot.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    go to sleep, log onto MFP, Work out, or clean usually..
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I try to imagine I'm in prison and it's after dinner so there's nothing to eat. That still leaves me with the option of rioting for food but if it's late at night I'm usually too tired to riot.

I like you.
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options

^ Nice.

I always brush my teeth and drink a huge glass of water.
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options

HAHA yes!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Hobbies. If it's late at night, I'm done logging, and I feel a gnawing I'll pull out my jewelry making equipment and start on some stuff. I kill roughly 2-3 hours depending and I forget my hunger. TV and music also help since I like to sing along and I can't do that with food in my mouth!
  • evamariek
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water before meals is great advice. If you are not getting enough water throughout the day you maybe dehydrated. Our bodies do not know the difference between hunger and thirst. So make sure that you are getting enough water through the day. How you know that you are, is, take your body weight and divide by 2 and that is how many oz of water you should be getting. Always get at least 64 oz of water a day no less. The other thing is to make sure that you are also getting enough protien with your meals. Not just any protien, good lean protien, such as fish, lean beef, chicken, Tofu, eggs and legumes. By doing this it will help keep you satiated for a much longer time. You should start your day with about 30 grams of protien in the morning to get your day off to a good start. Plus you want to have the right amount of carbs as well. But remember not all carbs are equal. The closer you get it to nature the better. Whole grains, Veggies and Fruits are great. Stay away from stuff that is processed for it contains a lot of things our body doesn't need. Hope this helps. Good luck on your success to a healthier you:)