Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    woohoo! great to see u too PAM:flowerforyou: we can do this!! cant wait to hear all about everyone's progress (and usual struggles of course)!! go group!!!!!!! :happy: :drinker:

thanks for the encouragement chrissy! i was really second guessing if i could do this but you've re-inspired me! :flowerforyou:
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello
    I am interested in coolrunnings.com. However the web sight goes to a domain site. Is anyone else having this trouble? Do I have the correct web address?

http://www.coolrunning.com
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the many posts.........

FYI if you belong to Facebook, you can become a fan of C25K........lots of people like us just
    starting and posting,
    BUT I still LOVE :love: my MFP family the best!! :heart:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Happy to see so many wanting to get off the couch. Any older folks in this group?
    I'll be 50 in 2 months :noway: and don't want to look 50 or look like I've had 6 kids!!

I'll be 50 next April! We can do this!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Just a bit of a pitch for the program - I've always said I can't run - for this reason and that reason - well I finished this program early July and it's absolutely amazing. Just tell yourself you can do it and you will!

Thank you ChrissyH!

I've always said the same thing, but I finished the first day of C25k! I actually did it! I believe!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    im starting right now before it gets too too hot outside
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i just finished the first one today, this is the podcast i used

http://www.kissmyblackass.org/?page_id=86

it is awesome, has a good mix of hiphop! like get low

sweatin a lot, but its probably because of the heat!! good luck everyone
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1, First timer.... DONE!!!
    Ran to Robert Ullrey's Podcast. Excellent!!
    C25k...not exactly couch...Felt like Olympic runner to 5k.
    I'm 5'9" 260 lbs this morning and have been riding my bike 12 miles at least twice a week.
    I'm plum tuckered.
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger...Ask my wife, she says I'm so strong now she can smell me from the kitchen.

Have a wonderful day! :happy:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 - Done.

First time on this program, but former runner. I'm so glad I joined this thread - b/c I almost chickened out.

Modified to a 10 min warm up with lots of stretching. First time to run after years of Plantar Fasciitis. May also repeat the early weeks to build a good running fitness base.

I remembered from my previous experience running that being in shape is not the same as "running shape." Still surprised at how difficult it was to start. Had to remind myself that I was a beginner again and slowed the pace. That helped tremendously. Man, I'm slow!

Also, back when I first injured myself, I switched to serious motion control running shoes for people who over-pronate - With special inserts. I think it may be too much. I've been rehabbing the feet and I think hate all this cushion and control. Feels like I'm running in jello. Hmm.

Sorry for long post - I'm just excited, I guess.
  • ClarkOMan
    ClarkOMan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Any words of advice on how to enter the C25k workouts in the exercise diary?
    I forgot to set up my HRM and pedometer :ohwell:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    wheeze wheeze pant pant whew .........W1D1 ~ done.......gonna die!! :tongue:

Clark , nice shirt man!! lol! :laugh: no clue how to log c25k in our workouts.

C'mon gang....only 4 of us done this morning and posting! Where is everyone that
    wanted to be part of this???!!! :ohwell:

All I gotta say is we should all buy stock in deodorant companies and soap companies!!
    It's gonna be a stinky time!! :bigsmile:

Pam:flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey!

go team!!
    :flowerforyou:
    i have to do mine at the gym tonight after my bootcamp class! wish me luck! lol....
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    I did mine last night, but I have to exercise in the evenings at any rate. :)

I found it to be a lot easier than I thought. I was able to complete it! I didn't think I'd be able to keep up the intervals.
  • gmzbluhm
    gmzbluhm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Can I still join? I did get on the treadmill this morning and did something similar to the Day one work out. Printed out the workout this morning, and once I get home, gonna down load the music!! I actually excited to try and accomplish this! Having our company Christmas party at a indoor waterpark this year, and want to look 1/2 way decent in a swimsuit. :blushing:
  • farfalla_americana
    Options
    I've always hated running because its boring- but I should try this, maybe it will make me more motivated :flowerforyou:
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i enter mine by seperating the walking and running in the excersise section and then entering the minutes for each one and that gives a farily good aprox for me :) Hope that helps

Oh...and week 4, day 3 was HELL....I think I am going to repeat this week a couple more days just to make sure I can run the 5 min well!

Congrats to all ofyouw ho started out today....you ROCK!!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Ouch!

As you guys know I did my jog/walk last night - week 1D1. It was hard, but I made it the entire way, and after I cooled off I felt great.

And I was fine this morning, but now? OUCH! Hee hee hee. Boy am I sore. I was so confused as to why I felt okay right afterwards, all night and this morning. So I found some information that you guys might find as useful as I did:

DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/sore-muscles-dont-stop-exercising

Not sure I fully recommend this but it says Caffeine reduces muscle pain: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20090402/muscles-sore-after-exercise-sip-caffeine

At any rate, I'm going to keep at it! Yes I'm sore! Yes I'm walking like I'm 90! But tomorrow I'm going to do this again. :)
  • Phatboy190
    Phatboy190 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 1 in the history books
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I am sooooo very proud of everyone who started today (or last night hehe). I woke up late this morning so i am going to have to run this evening, which might be nice seeing as it will be a nice temp for running. And for all of those who started earlier and are a decent way through, GREAT JOB!! you are an insporation to all of us.

Wish me luck tonight guys! I will report back tomorrow if i can get access to a computer (my day off). if not tomorrow then i will be on for sure on Thursday.

:heart: Mallory
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    Can I still get in on this action?! I downloaded suz's podcast, and my iPod is updating as we speak. It's my first day on here, and already I have workout buddies!!