Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day

Options

Replies

• erinnhamil2n
    erinnhamil2n Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I remember seeing girls at the gym like this. I really appreciate your post. We all have it in us if we can just keep going. :happy: Thank you for the early morning inspiration!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    So true, bright pink or pale and faded, every stretch mark tells a story...

I call mine war wounds, too. Two pregnancies and a max weight of 252 (on a 5'4" body) will do that, I suppose.

Your post made me appreciate where I am, how far I've come...and where I never want to be again! Thank you!
  • lisa91263
    lisa91263 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank You

I could be that lady. 90 pounds lost, I started by pushing a stroller up the hills in my neighborhood. Then walking with my son in a backpack up the hills. When My son went to school full time I started Hiking the hills 2 miles, 4 miles, 6 miles and now I am running them with Stretch marks and baggy shorts. I became a first time grandma last week and plan to continue this journey with my granddaughter in a jogger stroller then graduating to a backpack. As of this morning I was 4 pounds from my goal weight. It really can be done!!
  • jambleclown
    Options
    What a heart warming post. Thank you so much.
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i love this :)
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Beautiful.
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Really. Thanks for sharing this!
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I teared up reading this! Very uplifting post!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Must be dusty in my office. Got something in my eye....

Amazing post!
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Amazing post... Thank you for this!!!
  • ahni77
    ahni77 Posts: 75
    Options
    you're welcome!! lol. j/k. But a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day,

I don't know your name, I hardly remember your face. I remember you had dark blond hair and some dark navy blue shorts. I also remember the stretch marks I saw as you ran past by me on that hike, as if you've done it 100 times. I imagine you might have, considering how much those shorts barely hung on you. I could tell that those shorts were at their tightest and if you lose anymore weight, you'll need new shorts. I can tell by your stretch marks on your back that you've lost a lot. I was getting really winded on that hike. It was the 2nd time I've ever in recent memory climbed that hill. But you just reminded me why I'm there. I got my second wind but I knew I was never going to catch up to you that day. I got to wave hello to you when you came down the hill and I saw the rest of your stretch marks. Every one of those seemed like a battle scar to me and to me, you are the victor. You fought the hardest enemy in the world, yourself, and you have won enough battles and I feel that you will win that war. Thank you for doing your victory lap around me, maybe one day I'll join you.

Thanks, You're my encouragement to prove that it can be done and it will be done.

And now that has made me almost cry lol..

I loved that thing about stretch marks. I'm so self concious of mine that I throw on shirts that are 3x bigger when I run so that there's no way my stomach will be exposed. I do run in the baggy shorts though that pretty much fall down on me no matter what. I'm proud of what I've done and should be like this. This is good!
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    very inspiring...thank you for posting
  • LoriInIowa
    LoriInIowa Posts: 113
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!

After reading a *really* snarky thread yesterday....don't ask me why....I felt like never reading anything on the boards again.

Then, this morning...hopefulness shared.

Again, Thanks!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    That is very inspiring!:flowerforyou:

Wouldn't it be awesome if she was a member of MFP too? :bigsmile:

Honestly, I do worry about how I look since I am a beginner at running. It is encouraging that there may be others who are not criticizing me, but maybe feeling encouraged by seeing another beginner.

Thank you!!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    This is what MFP is about!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Triumph!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Wow! I think this was one of the most motivational posts I've ever read!:flowerforyou: THANK YOU!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Very nice. This may give me the encouragement I need to get back out there.
  • jakilde
    jakilde Posts: 22
    Options
    Inspiring to me as well. Thank you for sharing this.