hennyben
hennyben Posts: 317
It's Kurt Cobain's anniversary today. 18 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwqmAfB4-o

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    He will forever be missed, such am impact on our society, although he never knew it...
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    He was an selfish idiot. But man.. what talent. :love:
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow can't believe it was that long ago. I still listen to Nirvana regularly. Especially 'Bleach' - so raw and real.
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I fu@king loved that man. More than that skanky ho! lol
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    He was totally lying with that lyric "I don't have a gun".
    I often associate Nirvana with the revival of real music again, after surviving all that crap from the 80's. :)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Goes to show that wealth and success wont make you happy. If youre miserable poor, you'll be miserable rich.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    RIP Kurt. :flowerforyou:
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    *sigh* ah kurt...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    At least we still have Courtney...

Oh.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    He will forever be missed, such am impact on our society, although he never knew it...

I think the impact came more from his suicide than his life. Which is completely depressing!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Another addition to the Forever 27 Club.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    ♥
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Thats a bummer.......:Turns on Pearl Jam's Indifference:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Fortunately we still have the Pixies.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I will ALWAYS listen to his music :heart: him!!!
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was watching a documentary on him a couple mts ago and it said that in his hometown, part of their welcome sign says "come as you are". Thats probably my favorite Nirvana song too.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    He was an selfish idiot. But man.. what talent. :love:

oh no. we are going to have to fight.

Think, for just a moment about this idea...
    think you were utterly tortured. horribly so. but you were an artist and did the one thing that made some sense to you. and then suddenly sit back and realize that in a short amount of time, you got everything. you. could. possibly. gain from said art. everything. and you were still tortured. think of how hard that would be to come to grip. NOTHING - your art, fame, money, family, a new baby girl, NOTHING was going to make you feel like you'd come out of this pit of despair. nothing. no possible future of happiness that you can see.

in many cases, suicide is the most UNSELFISH thing someone can do. Apparently you've never felt like that - you haven't felt like your mere existance is hurting every single person you love. Most suicides are a ridiculous act of SELFLESSNESS.

Who knows the inner workings of someone so full of hurt. but a selflish idiot? i can't put that kind of judgement on someone when i haven't been in their brain.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Kurt created one of the best bands that ever lived, Foo Fighters. So, for that, rock on.

He did OK on his own too. Everyone around him, wrote songs like him. Listen to Foo Fighters first album. Dave wrote that album while still in Nirvana, but didn't tell anyone because he didn't think a drummer could do anything other than drum. LOL. Its interesting to hear him talk about it. But, he never ever talks about Kurt. He still says he doesn't like to talk about it much.

And, listen to Hole around that time too. Sounds like half the songs were probably Kurts.

Anyways, Nirvana was awesome. They started a revolution. I was playing a Foo Fighters song and in it, it says, "Hook me up a new revolution, cause this one is a lie. We sat around laughing and watched the last one die." Sometimes, he makes vague references to his Nirvana experiences, I think.

Also, the whoel band was really surprised with their success. They were really originally kind of a punk band, and didn't expect or really want any fame. They just wanted to play and be bums. They never wanted popularity or fame. That was everything they hated about everything. So, it is a very interesting story. And, according to Dave, Kurt really struggled with all that. He didn't like the fame and popularity at all. (although, I'm sure the money was a nice perk.)

Watching a video about this, one of the producers of the first Nirvana album said Kurt used to sing a song sometimes, and then throw his mic and walk out of the studio crying. It sounds ridiculous, but he said that Kurt put so much of himself into a song, that it would freak him out and he would emotionally feel it running through him. That's why the songs come off the way they do, I think. It's gotta be real. A lot of people play music for the wrong reasons. The ones that truly do it for the right reasons, will sometimes find that intersection in life where the people are ready for it.

To Kurt!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    At least we still have Courtney...

Oh.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    It's Kurt Cobain's anniversary today. 18 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwqmAfB4-o

18? god i'm old :sad: