How do you weigh?

Options
I normally weigh myself at the gym, after I pee, shoes off, in gym clothes. If I weigh less after a workout I input that weight. I weigh my self almost everyday but only input it if it is lower then the previous weight, at least once a week. I work out at different time on different days so my weight fluctuates frequently.

I've also found that the (medical) scale at my work always is about 3-4 lbs less then the gym scale. Wondering if I should start using this weight instead but I know I wouldn't be able to weigh myself as consistantly.

I also have a bathroom scale but it isn't digital. I'm thinking of buying a new.

In the end I'll probibly stick to what I'm doing. How do you weigh?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Bathroom scale. First thing I do in the morning, so I know I'm getting an accurate rate and not being influenced by what I've eaten or any movement done during the day.
  • ekim724
    ekim724 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weight my self only once a week on Saturday" I wear a t shirt and shorts and my shoes same thing every week to be able to count out the weigh loss as clothing. Oh and I do it at home on my digital scale
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    Well I don't have a regular scale so I use my Wii Fit Board to weigh. Then it tracks my weight for me. I've compared it to my Dad's scale when I go home to visit and it seems right. And of course I weigh first thing in the morning with light pajamas on, usually after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after bathroom, no fluids or food, naked. Just be consistent
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. After I've gone to the bathroom, empty stomach, naked, holding my breath!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Bathroom scale. First thing I do in the morning, so I know I'm getting an accurate rate and not being influenced by what I've eaten or any movement done during the day.

This.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    First thing in the morning. After I've gone to the bathroom, empty stomach, naked, holding my breath!

:laugh:
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    Digital bathroom scale, first thing in the morning after bathroom. Naked since then I jump right in the shower and don't need to factor in clothing.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    On a scale. :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    pics or it didnt happen
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Monday morning, naked after ive peed haha

EDIT: on bathroom scales :)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Nekkid, once a week on Thursdays. I sometimes peek during the week but I don't record it. I'd drive myself crazy if I had to look at those fluctuations everyday.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I normally weigh myself at the gym, after I pee, shoes off, in gym clothes. If I weigh less after a workout I input that weight. I weigh my self almost everyday but only input it if it is lower then the previous weight, at least once a week. I work out at different time on different days so my weight fluctuates frequently.

I've also found that the (medical) scale at my work always is about 3-4 lbs less then the gym scale. Wondering if I should start using this weight instead but I know I wouldn't be able to weigh myself as consistantly.

I also have a bathroom scale but it isn't digital. I'm thinking of buying a new.

In the end I'll probibly stick to what I'm doing. How do you weigh?

On the ISO certified scale at work, right before lunch because that's when I can do it privately, because it's officially verified for accuracy.

I'm confused. You go to the gym more often than you go to work?
  • greeneyedredneckangel
    Options
    naked in the middle of the kitchen every other day
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    After working out I use the scale at the gym. Once I make it home I use my scale just to compare the results.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Once a week, after I wake up or before I sleep, and with less clothes possible. If I just had a cup of water, maybe I'd subtract half pound from my total weight.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after bathroom, no fluids or food, naked. Just be consistent

This^^.

I have a digital scale.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I used to weigh at the gym but then became convinced their scales are retarded. I then began weighing at a Rite Aid in my town (this way I could check my BP too) but this to me became way to tedious (the Rite Aid with the scale is way across town and our little town only has 2 Rite Aid stores...lol). I then invested in a bathroom scale but it wasn't digital and I realized I would need to weigh while on my hands and knees to read the results. From here I invested in a cheap WalMart, digital scale but I am now convinced it is the distant relative of the gym scale and it somewhat retarded, at the least. I am now back to weighing at Rite Aid again...first thing in the morning, no breakfast, no coffee, in my work out clothes and barefoot (I wear flip flops to Rite Aid so I can toss them off real quick then switch into my tennis shoes when I get to the gym).

SOOO COMPLICATED I KNOW!
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    once a week on Monday 8am
  • r1veram
    r1veram Posts: 3
    Options
    After walking to the gym in the morning, taking off my jacket, phone, and keys, then peeing. I wear the same clothes and I plan on checking my weight only once a week on Thursday morning. After that, I drink water, do my weight training, then walk home. I agree with everyone who says be consistent. It is alway easy to say that your shoes, heavy sweater, wool skirt & jewelry account for a pound or two.....