Would like to share my research with you...

Options

Replies

• DoingthisforChris
    Options
    cheers for this, really interesting read but scary. its like reading a medical illness book though - i'm now convinced i have a 'leaky gut' :/

Boy am I glad I was not drinking anything when I read this response -= thanks for the laugh today!

Water squirtted outta my nose!!! LOL
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you... I am trying to figure this website out.. how do you see when someone replies to your post! lol

You'll have to hope they clicked on "quote" before responding to you so you know their comment is meant for you! Also, you don't get a message for replies on the message boards, only if someone posts on your profile. To see the threads you replied to, click on "My Topics".

Thanks for posting all that information! I love learning new "stuff", I just wish I could retain it all!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Weren't you originally doing work on mTOR and the likes?
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your intestines are packed with multiple trillions of bacteria. Every person has a different profile of bacteria, just like a finger print. When you were born, you had none, but as you were exposed to bacteria during birth and for the 2 years following, your gut became 'colonized'. These bacteria are your 'gut microbiome'.
    Is there a way to better start your baby off to have the best results later? Proactiveness?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you... I am trying to figure this website out.. how do you see when someone replies to your post! lol

The site doesn't give you a notice when someone replies to you. You have to check back to see. If you go into My Topics (it's right above), you will see the different places you have posted. You can then click in to them to see if someone has responded to you.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have been a type 1 diabetic for 37 years - does this mean I am doomed?
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    Very interesting stuff! Thanks for the post!
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    This is great information and I really enjoyed reading it!! I just love knowledge something no one can take from:flowerforyou: u!!! keep up the good work!!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing. However....now I'm going to have to resist the urge to blame my weight management...or lack thereof at time.... on those dang bacteria. lol
  • Carolrosser
    Options
    Thanks for this information. I never heard of a lot that you mentioned. I did learn the hard way not to take TUMS (popping them ) on a regular basis for indigestion since all my good digestive bacteria got destroyed as a result. Then I had to take digestive eznzymes full of good bacteria for about 6 months until my digestive system got back into working order. Now I take these digestive enzymes once every couple of weeks instead of 3 X/day like I had been to keep these good bacteria going.........Carol
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You're a great teacher - took something complicated and really made it easy to understand.

Thanks for sharing!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    For those of us who were bottle babies, can you recommend a good start to enhance our good bacteria?
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, thankyou! Are you able to recommend anything for PCOS sufferers?
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Really interesting thank you! So if your LPS is getting out and changing your muscle metabolisingness (not a word, but it works) the only way to reverse that is to eat more foods that contain the "good" bacteria?
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    For those of us who were bottle babies, can you recommend a good start to enhance our good bacteria?

Encourage them to come visit, like the guys at the time-share condominiums do, and then when they show up for their free dinner, don't let them out until they sign the papers.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, when you refer to "leaky gut" between the intestinal cells are you talking about a leak into the vascular space, interstitial space or peritoneal space?

So everyone can stay in on the convo, I will stay it's a leak between the cells.

The cells in your intestine are too far apart because the proteins that keep them together aren't being made.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcVZpXM8SvJWAXxr3_92oVllfwimdQdw8ND29cdAD1oQe3qrQE
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    In terms of fat and sugar, how high is "high?"

Studies usually use anywhere from a 45-60% saturated fat diet and sucrose varies. Our diet has 360g sucrose per kg of food.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    WOW! It is funny because I just found out I have H pylori and my doc. said something about my colon ? She told me to eat a high fiber diet as well... I wonder if this is why I am experiencing all my stomach cramps.. I do have a question though... What can you tell me about H pylori? I have read all about it but can it affect me the same as described in your post?

H pylori is a bad bacteria to have in high levels. It can give you diarrhea and inflammatory bowel syndromes. Fiber will be great. You might want to try a very strong probiotic as well.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    You might add that over-use of antibiotics can also kill the 'good' bacteria in your body and cause a lot of harm. Should only use as absolutely necessary and as low 'strength' as possible.

Very true! Many studies actually will use antibiotics to knock out ALL the bacteria in an animal intestine and study how being bacteria-free influences metabolism. Also, NSAIDS (painkillers) can do a number on your gut and make it quite leaky.