30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I didn't do the 30DS yesterday since we were out all day but ready to do day 4 today! My muscles have loved the day off and my legs aren't hurting now. I've heard its good to have a break every few days so if anyone is struggling just give your body a rest, you'll be amazed how much 1day off helps :) x
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Day 4 down! I noticed a difference in my endurance today! Excited!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and my chest is sore today. I wonder how important it is to do the days of rest?
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    tried to do 30 shred about 3 times, always start off well, then my shins and knees hurt and i cant ever get passed lv 1. good look though, hope it works for you. i think i need less impact :s
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 5 tonight. I usually take Friday's off, but I'm going to keep going tomorrow. I'm a little..worried about this weekend being a holiday weekend and all.

Hopefully I won't let it get the best of me!
  • Liv829
    Options
    Day 5 tonight. I usually take Friday's off, but I'm going to keep going tomorrow. I'm a little..worried about this weekend being a holiday weekend and all.

Hopefully I won't let it get the best of me!

I am also worried about this weekend! I am doing this exercise totally alone where nobody can see me and I have family coming in from out of town. I will either have to suck it up and do it in front of people, or get up really early and try and be quiet! I only have one TV in my living room. I do have a laptop, though, that I could take to the bedroom. Hmmmm. I was excited today to keep up on push ups. I don't go down as far as I should, but I am working on it! Good luck everyone!
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 8, first day off today!
    I havent got any weights yet and have been using bottles of water, feel like ive been cheating, when my weights arrive im planning on starting level 1 again, untill i feel the benefit of using weights and feel ready to move on!
    I took a peek at level 2 and it look sooo hard !x
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ready for day 6 but my knees are starting to ache just a little. I'm going to push through and see how I feel after today's work out. I'm thinking about going on to level 2 early just to switch it up for my body.
  • hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump! starting today!
  • jodibethG
    jodibethG Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on Monday. I'm getting ready to do day 5 of level 1. I was so sore the first 2 days, but this morning I woke up feeling ok. Today is also my weigh in day and I've lost 2 lbs this week! I think a lot of that comes from this workout. I'm excited to see the results at the end!
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am also worried about this weekend! I am doing this exercise totally alone where nobody can see me and I have family coming in from out of town. I will either have to suck it up and do it in front of people, or get up really early and try and be quiet! I only have one TV in my living room. I do have a laptop, though, that I could take to the bedroom. Hmmmm. I was excited today to keep up on push ups. I don't go down as far as I should, but I am working on it! Good luck everyone!

I do it alone as well. I'm a night workout-er (lol). I'm really going to try to do small portions. I have no plans on taking any day off from the shred as I will definitely need it! :)

I'm still doing Anita's pushups. I hope to do a "real" one soon
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just completed Day 2 of level 1! And I must say... so far it's not too challenging. I'll be doing level 1 for 10 days, and then level 2, so hopefully level 2 will give me a bit more grief!
    I've been thinking about pairing these work outs with some supplementary cardio, suggestions? :)
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred! I have been doing it every other day to get some cross training in. The days I'm not working out with Jillian, I usually run 3-5 miles, and let me tell you, her 20 minute workout kicks my butt way harder than running 30-40 minutes!! I am starting to notice my waistline is getting slimmer, which is my main trouble spot!! I have done level one and two, so scared to find out what she has in level 3!!
  • Liv829
    Options
    I do it alone as well. I'm a night workout-er (lol). I'm really going to try to do small portions. I have no plans on taking any day off from the shred as I will definitely need it! :)

I'm still doing Anita's pushups. I hope to do a "real" one soon
    [/quote]

I have been getting up early and working out first thing. Portion control will be my main goal, too. I know myself, and I won't pass up the good food completely, but I WILL control myself!!
    I still do Anita's pushups for sure, but am venturing into Natalie's moves on some of the other stuff. But def not all! Like another poster said, I have noticed a small difference in my waist, and a little definition on my stomach. Besides pooch. ha ha I am not nearly as sore as with the first couple of days. I kind of liked the burn b/c I knew I was doing something. I'm sure when we move to level 2 I will miss the burn-free days!
    **edit** the top 2 lines were quoted.
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS a few times in March, but have made it a goal to complete the whole 30 days in April. I'm going to do each level for 10 days, no breaks. I also am doing additional cardio 3-4x a week. The scale went up 2+ lbs when I started & just this morning started to drop again.... thank God! I can't wait to see everyone's results!!!
  • vancanuck14
    vancanuck14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to do the 30DS in 30 days....not taking a break?
  • Liv829
    Options
    I have also seen the scale go up a few pounds since starting. I had read previously that happens sometimes due to muscles retaining water. That is what I keep repeating to myself and am 1 pound away from my 30 DS starting weight. I try and walk briskly 30 minutes each day in addition to 30 DS. Somestimes I don't have time for the long walk, though. I think I will not look at the scale for a few days so that it isn't discouraging! The difference I feel in my clothes (however slight they may be!!) tells me I am headed in the right direction.
  • Liv829
    Options
    Is anyone else trying to do the 30DS in 30 days....not taking a break?

I am also trying 30DS in 30 days. I feel really motivated right now!
  • mystica98
    mystica98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred level 1 today. Wow this is a rough work out. Im starting out at 222 lbs though. I had to take a couple of breaks, but i pushed through. Im going to try doing it in 30 days, 10 days of each level, no breaks. Try, lol.
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So after 2 days off.... due to being away from home mainly I got back on it today! It felt so much better and I could do level one with a lot less huffing and puffing.
    Quick q... anyone else noticed the woman on the left (not Anita) cheats on the strength lunges and arm curls? When J.M goes to talk to anita this woman doesnt lunge! See if you can spot it.... (Yes I know Im sad lol)

xx