which food just grosses you out?

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Cooked soggy carrots. They simply make me wanna throw UP. I can stomach raw baby carrots dipped in lite ranch, but if they're in a stew or pot roast or whatever, it needs to GTFO my plate or I cannot eat. My husband thinks he's a LITTLE CUTIE by tossing more and more onto my portion. :grumble:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Okra..in any form...HELLLLLL NAWWWWWW!!!

Boiled okra..WTF!!!!! It's like someone with a really bad cold just walked up to you and blew their nose on your tongue...OMGGGGGGGG. My mom use to add okra to soup...and I swear I prayed for death many times just to get out of eating it. My mom loves that stuff..omgawwwddd..nasty..NASTY I TELL YOU!!!!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Marshmallow fluff. Eugh. I cannot imagine how people tolerate that stuff.

English muffins. My husband and I have an ongoing conversation: "How can you not like English muffins? You love sourdough bread!" "But you eat English muffins, and you won't TOUCH sourdough bread, so clearly, they are NOT THE SAME!"
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Okra. Cottage cheese. I've never even tasted cottage cheese lol. Nooooo thanks!
  • Plump2Pump
    Plump2Pump Posts: 25 Member
    Okra..in any form...HELLLLLL NAWWWWWW!!!

Boiled okra..WTF!!!!! It's like someone with a really bad cold just walked up to you and blew their nose on your tongue...OMGGGGGGGG. My mom use to add okra to soup...and I swear I prayed for death many times just to get out of eating it. My mom loves that stuff..omgawwwddd..nasty..NASTY I TELL YOU!!!!

Lmao!! Preach!!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Strangely, eggs. GAG ME WITH A SPOON. Yes, I know, oh protein - couldn't care in the slightest. Ew ew ew.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Yogurt. If I even catch a whiff of it my lungs seize up like when you stick your head out of a car window.
    Also, mayonnaise is the devil.
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    mushrooms. so so so very gross.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Cottage cheese. And to a certain extent, guacamole. But I'll eat the green stuff if it's mixed with something else, or topping nachos. The cottage cheese thing...unh, no way...never!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Eggplant.
    Squash (I don't mind zucchini, though)
    Oysters (my husband once said they looked like a vagina..nuff said)
    Squid (Calamari) It's like eating rubber!
    Rocky Mountain Oysters! I've never eaten them...but come on....they are NOT oysters..they are bull testicles!
  • Meat! UCK!!!!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Eggplant.
    Squash (I don't mind zucchini, though)
    Oysters (my husband once said they looked like a vagina..nuff said)
    Squid (Calamari) It's like eating rubber!

you realize the calamari is only rubbery if it's cooked too long? It should melt on your tongue and make you shiver and make cooing noises.... if you're frying it in rings, one Hail Mary is usually the right amount of time.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Mustard, Mayo (and anything combined with those, any kind of "salad sandwich" blech), olives, raw mushrooms, and liver. Just off the top of my head.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Mushrooms. I can't stand the texture no matter what way I eat them.
    Brussel Sprouts. Anything that smells like my husband's feet will not pass my lips.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Mayo. UGH it's always creeped me out. :(

Agreed. Here in the UK shops and take aways put it in everything! :grumble:
  • Butter, especially in sandwiches. The texture makes me feel ill D:
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    I cannot stand water chesnuts or cellery. I also hate anything this fennel or dill in it. I swear almost all healthy recipes will have one of these things!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Egg salad hard boiled eggs. I like poached eggs.
    Oysters

Not much else
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    tapioca pudding FTW!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    mackerel