ladies: do you prefer a man with a nice upper body or lower

Options
2»

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I always wondered why woman identify a man with big arms and shoulders with being able to protect them. I can kick someone's *kitten* much easier than I can punch someone out. But perhaps I'm being biased since my lower body is much stronger and thicker than my upper body.
    Because when it comes to protection not everyone thinks, I'm gonna kick him so hard!...I'd rather have a guy with big arms and a strong chest than a guy that looks like a triangle.
    Meh, i thought women would enjoy tripods!
  • Sabine321
    Sabine321 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice proportions. Muscles, but not like Rambo and a nice bottom. And absolutely no "table muscle" (The beer belly holding up the table)."
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Good, defined and really strong legs. I play/coach soccer & do and have done a lot of mountain biking. However, I'm not as defined shaped in my upper body. Gotta work on that.

JM
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to keep this clean, lol.

I'm a big fan of a mans back, so I'm going with upper. I like strong arms and a muscular back.
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree that one doesn't realllllly go without the other...but i DO usually notice and appreciate nice shapely legs on a man
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just want my husband to be healthy, to love me unconditionally and not fall into the same category of the male-egotistical pigs out there that have this sick-demented misconception of women needing to be like a trashy Victoria Secret model.... Them girls really do need to pound down a whole cheesecake if you ask me...
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    I know women at work that watch football just to stare at guys butt's...they know nothing about the game and don't care...just like to look I guess.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I know women at work that watch football just to stare at guys butt's...they know nothing about the game and don't care...just like to look I guess.

That wouldnt be me Nekhet - I love me a good football game and not for the 'tight ends'....
  • Tabsta
    Tabsta Posts: 28
    Options
    Surely it has to be a full body look?! .. working in this environment i see so many people work their upper body and ignore the lower, great in jeans/joggers with shirt off etc, but in shorts they look ridiculous (in my opinion)... depends on the sport too i guess, but in my humble opinion there has to be a balance/equality of upper and lower for that complete fitness look !! ... i know we all have our 'favourite bits' , my other half loves my obliques! dunno..ask her?! lol .. take a leaf from Athletes, Gymnasts or Boxers for the way you should look :o)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know... the total package is always nice. But I seriously have a thing for abs and pecks. A nice firm torso drives me crazy!!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I always wondered why woman identify a man with big arms and shoulders with being able to protect them. I can kick someone's *kitten* much easier than I can punch someone out. But perhaps I'm being biased since my lower body is much stronger and thicker than my upper body.
    Because when it comes to protection not everyone thinks, I'm gonna kick him so hard!...I'd rather have a guy with big arms and a strong chest than a guy that looks like a triangle.
    Meh, i thought women would enjoy tripods!
    Why?
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    no sir
    i have a big lower body and upper body kinda building it up
    rant
    Do you have a brother or cousin named Dannylives?
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol i need to build the back too
    I'm struggling to keep this clean, lol.

I'm a big fan of a mans back, so I'm going with upper. I like strong arms and a muscular back.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm one to talk about how someone else looks but I always find the guys with the massive upper bodies and chickens legs funny.

Have you heard of squats?
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would probably have to say lower but I like strong legs, nice back and shoulders (as long as they are bot too huge)
    So i guess both but id rather them things than a 6 pack etc. :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Errr.. both have important bits. :X But if I had to choose and keeping this clean ...I'd say upper body from the "V" up! Nothing better than to be held by a strong man or feel tiny in his.

^^THIS!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I like both, especially shoulders and arms, but I would prefer a good, strong lower body, actually. My boyfriend has chicken legs that are thinner than mine, and it cracks me up, because when he wears shorts, he looks like a teenager in a growth spurt.

Though that really isn't his fault. He's pretty slender everywhere, which works for his cowboy horseback riding, but his legs really stand out when he wears those shorts for fishing.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I just want my husband to be healthy, to love me unconditionally and not fall into the same category of the male-egotistical pigs out there that have this sick-demented misconception of women needing to be like a trashy Victoria Secret model.... Them girls really do need to pound down a whole cheesecake if you ask me...

I'm kinda confused about your issue with those models.. Do you just think they're trashy because they model underwear, or because they're slender? If it's the underwear thing, fine, I get it, underwear is sometimes seen as trashy outside of clothes.

But most of those VS models actually work out regularly, eat well, and are pretty healthy overall. You can see it with the shape and definition they have. They do have fasting and things they do for shows for a week or weekend, but look at the picture below. They can't get abs like that if they're too thin or unhealthy. If they're healthy, why would they need to down a cheesecake? Just because they're slender? Or are all slender people trashy?

victorias-secret-deals.jpg