What did you eat/drink before MFP but now it grosses you out

Options

Replies

• CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Pepsi and a snickers bar. Around six cans of Pepsi a day plus at least one snickers. What is crazy is that I find myself having cravings and I will pick these things back up. I did it yesterday, but I put the Pepsi right back. I know I dont like the taste anymore, but I have to break the lifelong habit of snatching one out of the coolers in the Walmart checkout line, lol.
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that I've consciously decided to stop eating certain things, but I do find myself making my own food more often .

Instead of McDonald's I fix myself something that has way more nutrients and a lot less fat.
    Or instead of soda a cup of hot tea.
    Or instead of ice cream some greek yogurt with honey, OMG! So good!
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    mtn dew. I used to drink it like I drink my water now, I must sadly admit. I used to drink prob. 4-5 bottles a day. I tried it a couple months after I quit drinking it and it tasted awful!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I had a pepperoni pizza last week, that was a mistake! Oily, greasy, gross...
  • merson1983
    Options
    SAUSAGE ROLLS AND PORK PIES........YUK!! :)
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Fish & chips were a regular part of my diet as the chippy was on my way home, now I have not had chips in 5 months and the thought of eating greasy chips makes me sick!
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    GREASY FRENCH FRIES!!!! *ew* . I used to love love love them... now they taste so fatty and unbearable.. *gag*
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Soda, candy bars and Little Debbie ;)
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    McAnything.

I used to drive through a lot, mostly because it was fast and easy but for some reason I just craved it. I don't know if I ever really tasted anything I got at McDonalds because the last time I had something from there it was McNastified and I didn't know how I could have ever eaten there.
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a full bag of ruffles chips with a whole tub of sour cream and onion dip..... Just myself. The thought of how much I ate it and it disgusts me. Not going to lie, I still think about wanting to eat it, but after a second it hits me how gross it really is.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    poptarts

I couldn't think of anything until I saw this! I eat most everything I want, just in moderation and make sure it fits into my calories and I work out extra to compensate when I need to, but I can't tell you the last time I let myself have poptarts! And I LOVE poptarts! Strawberry Frosted or Brown Sugar Cinnamon probably made up 90% of what I ate when I was in highschool (and somehow, I was still in great shape...go figure!)

Ughhhhh. I miss them so much! But I can't bring myself to put all that sugar/processed stuff/calories in my body :(
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your great replies! I knew I couldn't be the only one whose tastes had changed since changing our diet/lifestyles. I don't like things like greasy pepperoni pizza anymore (makes me feel YUCKY), but I do still love pizza. I've simply changed the way I prepare it. I like to make five grain pizza dough with Mediterranean toppings and I've discovered that I actually prefer turkey pepperoni over regular pepperoni. It's yummy and not greasy. I do still love fried chicken (again I'm a true southern girl), but I'll eat three wings and that's about it, so it doesn't make me feel sick. :wink:

Keep up the great work everyone! I'm so proud of you all!!! :drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Can't think of anything I used to eat that grosses me out now.

I quit eating Pop Tarts, but only because I never realized that one tart was considered a serving, and I could eat a lot more of something I'd enjoy a lot more for less calories. Two Pop Tarts or a slice of apple pie?! Pie wins. Every day.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    doritos that just smell really gross to me right now and I don't drink soda anymore
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Brie cheese. EW! The odor of the crust is unbearable now and I use to love this cheese. Now i think it smells like sperm
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    soda, chips, and pasta. i used to liiiive for pasta. now the thought makes me sick. also those pre-packaged rice/pasta side dish things. like lipton or knorr or whatever. BLEH!
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I used to loove me some mountain dew. Now that stuff is just ridiculously sweet. It's all water for me now. :)

I :heart: Mountain Dew, but I have just started everything (again) as of four days ago, so I'm hoping to kick the habit and be done with it soon! :smile:
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Takeaways - all i can notice is the grease :noway:
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    Fast food sandwiches and those fancy whipped cream/chocolate/carmel/latte drinks. I loved them so in the past, and decided to splurge for a day. It was way too heavy and greasy. I surprised myself by almost throwing up after eating.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Fast food sandwiches and those fancy whipped cream/chocolate/carmel/latte drinks. I loved them so in the past, and decided to splurge for a day. It was way too heavy and greasy. I surprised myself by almost throwing up after eating.

yes yes yes!!!!! i used to drink lattes and all those frappa wappa whatevers....not i just drink plain coffee with a little heavy cream. no sugar. those things taste so sweet to me now!