The Master Cleanse Fast AKA The Lemonade Diet.

Options
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm looking for anyone who may be interested in doing this fast, possibly starting next week. If you have never done this or never heard of it let me just say...This is NOT a quick weight loss scheme and should NOT be used as such.
I have done this cleanse successfully for as long as 5 days at a time. NEVER for the purpose of weight loss, but just a detox that leaves you feeling really good! I have also done it with the supervision and recommendation of a doctor. Yes it can be dangerous if you do not follow the proper course of action for the plan.
I have a friend (natural health consultant) who has a website set up as well as conference calls so that we can help one another out.

If you are interested post your questions here and I will get the website info up real soon!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been interested in doing this cleanse for a long time, however I am worried that it would be difficult since you do not eat any solids for 3-7 days. Please share your experiences with the master cleanse.
  • piedpiper
    Options
    would definately be interested in hearing more
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have been interested in doing this cleanse for a long time, however I am worried that it would be difficult since you do not eat any solids for 3-7 days. Please share your experiences with the master cleanse.

It honestly is easier each time you do it. My first time was terrible...Mostly because I did not do it properly and had no support.

The first day or two may be difficult, but if you ease into it by slowly weaning yourself off of solid foods prior to the first day, it is much easier. Also once you get into the hang of the morning saltwater colon flush, you will appreciate not having anything solid in you!

The longest I have done this is 5 days. Its always best to begin on a weekend when you will be able to rest and get used to whatever effects you may experience. By the 3rd day you most likely will be feeling really good, and you will know what to expect.

I honestly love doing this. Getting started is the hard part, but I have never had any regrets. I have cleared up eczema and rid myself of allergies. But for the most part you have to continue to eat clean and stay free of toxins to continue the benefits.

~Holly
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    I tried something similar to this, a juice fast. I managed two days of feeling fine but on the third day I just started crying, I felt so awful. I think it's great if people can do this but I found not eating far too difficult.
  • Shoebug2
    Options
    Have never tried more than a 48-hour cleanse. Would be interested in checking out the site for more information if you post it. Thanks!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Here are some details of the cleanse if you are interested.

http://www.natural-cure-alternatives.com/master-cleanse-recipe.html
  • Shoebug2
    Options
    Checking it out now, thanks much!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    How are maple syrup and lime juice able to provide you with all the nutrients you need over the span of multiple days or weeks? :huh:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I bookmarked the site. My husband has his weigh in coming up in Oct. this might help with that. I've tried a cleanse before and felt like I was going to pass out! I couldn't even do my workouts. I'd love to try it just for the cleansing part (not to lose weight), but I am hesitant because of my past experience. Please post how this works for you, maybe I'll get the courage to try it.

Thanks for posting!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    How are maple syrup and lime juice able to provide you with all the nutrients you need over the span of multiple days or weeks? :huh:
    Does the diet supply the nutrients necessary for
    the body?
    Yes, the lemons and limes provides the richest
    source of minerals and vitamins of any food.
    Maple has a large variety of minerals and
    vitamins, and the Cayenne adds many of the B
    and C Vitamins. The lemonade is food in liquid
    form.

http://www.thelemonadediet.com/services.html

I do this at the change of each season. I will start my next cleanse September 22.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Does the diet supply the nutrients necessary for
    the body?
    Yes, the lemons and limes provides the richest
    source of minerals and vitamins of any food.
    Maple has a large variety of minerals and
    vitamins, and the Cayenne adds many of the B
    and C Vitamins. The lemonade is food in liquid
    form.

http://www.thelemonadediet.com/services.html

I do this at the change of each season. I will start my next cleanse September 22.

Cayenne:
    * Vitamin A
    * Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9
    * Vitamin C
    * PABA (Para-aminobenzoic Acid)

Lemon
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin C

Lime
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin C

In pure maple syrup trace amounts of vitamins are present, mainly B2 (Riboflavin), B5 (Pantothenic Acid), B6 (Pyridoxine), PP (Niacin, B1), Biotin, and Folic Acid.

So, B12 and the fat-soluble vitamins and most minerals are just disposable I suppose. It's a good thing we don't need our nerves to function properly or anything. :laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Hmmm....I bookmarked the site. My husband has his weigh in coming up in Oct. this might help with that. I've tried a cleanse before and felt like I was going to pass out! I couldn't even do my workouts. I'd love to try it just for the cleansing part (not to lose weight), but I am hesitant because of my past experience. Please post how this works for you, maybe I'll get the courage to try it.

Thanks for posting!

It can be difficult to workout heavily during this cleanse. You are still getting at least 1200 calories from the maple syrup and you can increasethe amout of maple syrup if you don't want to lose weight. The first few days you should rest, but theres is no reason that you can't take a nice walk or ride a bike either. Any workout like running or weight lifting would probably burn up way to many of those calories, leaving you totally depleted.

When I do it, I take it easy. I do it for the cleansing benefits. Mainly to release any waste in the colon, prevent colds at the season change, clear up the skin. It is a good time for me to spend reflecting on myself; reading spiritually motivating books, journal, give myself mani/pedis and facials, do yoga in my living room.....Kind of like a Spa resort at home. I still go to work and do everyday activities.

Most cleanses will advise you to limit vigorous activities, as the body needs a rest and all of its energy is focused on cleaning up your insides. You can do it for as little a 3 days, even just one day is beneficial to some people. I prefer to try a little longer each time. My last time I did it for 5 days, this time I hope to try for at least 7.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Here are some more sites to check out

http://www.mastercleanser.com/

http://therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

And this one is the BEST IMO:

http://yestheyrefake.net/lemonade_diet_cleanse_journal.htm
    If you want to know how it goes day by day, read this. This person seems a little vain, but her descriptions on how she feels and so forth are pretty accurate....I, however, never had any stomach pains or cramps except for the time I decided to eat mid-cleanse then do the salt-water bath...that was not pleasant.
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    very interesting...:noway: I kept reading till now 2:20 AM :cry: I will cry tomorrow morning as I will not be able to wake up.
    Anyway, I want to try that myself.
    Should I wait and read the "actual" book first?
    WannabeaCullen, what was your experience?
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Thanks for posting!

It can be difficult to workout heavily during this cleanse. You are still getting at least 1200 calories from the maple syrup and you can increasethe amout of maple syrup if you don't want to lose weight. The first few days you should rest, but theres is no reason that you can't take a nice walk or ride a bike either. Any workout like running or weight lifting would probably burn up way to many of those calories, leaving you totally depleted.

When I do it, I take it easy. I do it for the cleansing benefits. Mainly to release any waste in the colon, prevent colds at the season change, clear up the skin. It is a good time for me to spend reflecting on myself; reading spiritually motivating books, journal, give myself mani/pedis and facials, do yoga in my living room.....Kind of like a Spa resort at home. I still go to work and do everyday activities.

Most cleanses will advise you to limit vigorous activities, as the body needs a rest and all of its energy is focused on cleaning up your insides. You can do it for as little a 3 days, even just one day is beneficial to some people. I prefer to try a little longer each time. My last time I did it for 5 days, this time I hope to try for at least 7.

Ahhhh...that was probably it. It only lasted a day and a half for me because I couldn't handle feeling like I was going to pass out. My head hurt and I felt dizzy. My workout suffered too. Maybe I'll try it during the weekend because I don't workout during that time period. I do look forward to a good cleansing of all the toxins though! I've been surrounded by sickly people the past few days, I haven't gotten it (must have a strong immune system), but don't want to risk it so if this helps with the prevention of colds then that's a plus too! Thanks again, I think I will try it on Saturday.
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Thanks for posting!

I do a 7b day cleanse at the change of each season...................

After the detox mode (2-3 days) I get a burst of energy that goes on and on. I am able to jog and weigh lift after the 3rd day............

It leaves you feeling clean from the inside out, purified and it is sort of a spiritual experience for me it is anyway............

AFter the first couple of times, the toxins don't build up if you detox several times a year and it gets easier and easier each time with less and less detoxing.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! :flowerforyou:
    I haven't done this cleanse in many years.

I thought about doing the Master Cleanse last year but my
    physician advised against fasting during cold, winter months.

So no excuses now...... except, BUT, ummmmm :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Thanks for this post! :flowerforyou:
    I haven't done this cleanse in many years.

I thought about doing the Master Cleanse last year but my
    physician advised against fasting during cold, winter months.

So no excuses now...... except, BUT, ummmmm :laugh: :bigsmile:

I wonder why???

I do only 7 days, but I do start of Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    very interesting...:noway: I kept reading till now 2:20 AM :cry: I will cry tomorrow morning as I will not be able to wake up.

:laugh: Sleepy girl, LOL

So far all of my experiences have been very positive, with the exception of the time I ate mid-cleanse. I LOVE the way I feel and I actually LOVE the lemonade.
    You can pick up the book at whole foods or Better Health, its only 5 or 6 bucks. I think you may be able to read it online....Lioness do you know if you can read it online??????

If you decide to try it you will love it!!!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Not that I know of. I will see if I can find an e-book to download.

:laugh: Sleepy girl, LOL

So far all of my experiences have been very positive, with the exception of the time I ate mid-cleanse. I LOVE the way I feel and I actually LOVE the lemonade.
    You can pick up the book at whole foods or Better Health, its only 5 or 6 bucks. I think you may be able to read it online....Lioness do you know if you can read it online??????

If you decide to try it you will love it!!!!!!