Your favorite breakfast?

Options
Ive been eatting for breakfast a lot of oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in lately but I am begining to crave something different. What do u guys eat for breakfast?

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    A protein shake with chocolate protein powder, choc. unsweetened almond milk, 1T almond butter and a banana. And maybe a piece of turkey bacon.
    I used to eat the steel oats with berries, but am trying to decrease my carbs and increase my healthy fats and protein.
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I usually have egg whites! They're good as omelettes with cheese and veggies, or scrambled on a piece of toast, yum yum <3. I also love the Fit& Active Multi-grain waffles with blueberries on top and a LITTLE bit of syrup, DELICIOUS! and filling as well :]
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least 2 banana's every morning to help with my potassium level. I also like cheerios and eggs. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, or should I say it used to be.
  • Liserton
    Liserton Posts: 19
    Options
    Trying to stick with low carb eating, my breakfasts usually are
    two eggs sunny side up and 4 strips of turkey bacon yum yum.

Though I do miss the toast and orange juice use to have I don't mind hot tea (in fact I love a good mint tea in the morning) and the bacon works almost as well mopping up the runny yoke as the toast did.

Some mornings when I am looking for a chance I do the two eggs sunny side up over a few slices of ham and avocado with hot sauce drizzled over the top.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I like Kashi Honey Sunshine Cereal, Cinnamon Almond Raisin Bran, or Special K Cereal. Any with Vanilla Soy Milk. I also like Morningstar Farms Biscuits with Veggie Sausages or Bacon. I loooove the Spinach Feta Egg White Wrap from Starbucks. Finally, the Veggie VitaSandwich is good. All are below 200 calories for 1 serving.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Tomato soup and toast
  • babyred12
    Options
    try some oatmeal with rasins or blue berry and one slice of turkey bacon, or you could try cherrios and a banana. I find that each is filling until it's time for a snack which is about 2-3 hours.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My favorite Cherrios with fresh fruit or Whole grain waffle with fresh fruit. Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and 1/2 banana.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Whole wheat bagel with 1tbls. peanut butter.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/2 cup diced mushrooms
    2 sweet mini peppers, diced
    1 cup spinach

Cook all vegi's first, and set aside. Pour in eggs..cook like typical omelet and add in vegi's!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Usually plain bran flakes with almond milk and sliced banana with some coffee. But every once in a while I like to shake things up and have an omelet with fresh chopped veggies (onion, green pepper, shrooms) or a homemade "McMuffin" with bacon and egg on an English muffin. Pancakes once in a while are also nice!
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I posted this to a similar thread a while ago, and it's still my favorite breakfast! I'll happily eat it every day for the rest of my life, and I'm a person who appreciates variety.
    Egg drop soup all the way! You can make it for pennies if you make your own chicken stock (which is probably the single best thing I've done for my health and my cooking). Here's how I do it, but the sky's the limit:

bring some chicken stock to the boil (I use a little more than 1 cup)
    add flavorings - sea salt, black pepper, fresh ginger, crushed red peppers, garlic, scallions, etc. - whatever you feel like!
    thicken with some cornstarch/flour/arrowroot powder if desired
    Beat an egg or two and slowly drizzle it into the simmering broth. Stir while you add it, and the egg breaks into a million beautiful pieces!

Lately I add a couple cloves of garlic, some fresh ginger, one tablespoon of coconut oil, one teaspoon of curry powder, a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a cup of kale along with the arrowroot powder. While the kale cooks, I clean up my cutting board and beat my eggs, and then I stir them in. It's phenomenal.

It's easy (done in 10 minutes tops), cheap, delicious, and nutritious - one little known fact about good quality stock/broth is that it contains lots of gelatin. Gelatin contains essential amino acids, but isn't a complete protein by itself. However, it acts as a "protein sparer," meaning that your body can more easily assimilate complete proteins when you eat them along with some gelatin. Soup is peasant food for a reason - it's cheap and nutritive. Anyway, I haven't met anyone who doesn't like this soup. And if you're feeling hungrier than usual, throw some extra stuff in there - corn, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, whatever strikes your fancy.
  • La7651
    La7651 Posts: 1
    Options
    Grapenuts cereal with nonfat milk and 1/2 a banana sliced. Love it!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I have a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich. One "everything topping" bagel thin, one cage-free egg, 14g shredded cheddar, and one tablespoon of Hormel bacon bits. Add a small apple, and the whole meals comes in at around 350 calories.

I can't really eat cereal for breakfast, so it's either that ^^^ or leftovers for me every morning. :smile:
  • LaneAndKent
    LaneAndKent Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Breakfast of choice lately:
    2 slices 35-calorie whole wheat Healthy Life bread, toasted
    1 egg, over-medium
    2 slices Land O' Frost ham (the 50-calorie one, can't remember which "flavor" of ham—2 slices is half a serving)
    1 slice Sargento Ultra Thin provolone cheese

Cook egg. In same skillet, warm ham slices until ever so slightly brown, then allow provolone to melt on ham.

Make a sandwich out of it all.

Yum.

(About 205 calories.)
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2 slices 35 calorie bread toasted
    1 egg beaten or equivalent egg substitute
    1 slice swiss or sharp cheddar

Once the egg is cooked and the bread is toasted, assemble the sandwich and microwave 10-15 seconds to melt the cheese

Pair with fruit and voila...breakfast.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Made a Curried Egg Salad Sandwich for the first time this morning. Yummy!
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cereal by far!!!

Current: Equal parts Trader Joes Bran Flakes and Toasted Oatmeal with 1% milk.

My less healthy alternative is a stack of pancakes, waffles or french toast with butter and REAL maple syrup ....mmm
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I honestly think I lose weight faster when I eat for breakfast that blueberry oatmeal microwave muffin thing someone posted on here. I don't know why, but it seems to switch my metabolism up a notch.
  • arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I definitely love my oatmeal. I used to switch over to cereal and soy milk once the weather got warmer, but for the past 2 years I've stuck to oatmeal every morning. I cook a half cup of thick rolled oats with a little extra water and then add a scoop of vanilla protein powder. I thought the texture would be weird but if you eat it still hot it's pretty good. Keeps me full for hours.