• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i just came here to see all the Hotties with a nice body
    who answerd your question:happy:
  • srenebailey
    srenebailey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's not the average type body that turns them off...maybe it's because you're calling them "chicks"... :-) All jokes aside, when I get my body back in shape, I think I will still listen to what the man has to say. After all, looks and bodies change.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about the confidence they have (but not arrogance!). So yes you need to be attracted to them but I don't think they have to be incredibly good looking to be attractive. Being attractive is about more than just looks.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on their attitude & personality. I've talked to some fine specimens who were actually really cool, which made them more attractive. There are also the guys that know they're gorgeous & are arrogant about it, not so attractive. I've also met some everage joes that thought they were God's gift to women for some reason. But for the most part, average joes are great in my book because they're usually pretty cool people :)
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    In the traditional since? No. I don't care what a guy looks like. Looks matter to the point were it looks like he at least bathes a few times a week.

of course I'm not much of a catch. who and am i to judge?
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    of course this is an awesome quote. " You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk with them, and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick. But then there's other people, and you meet them and you think: "Not bad, they're okay," and then you get to know them, and their face sort of becomes them, like their personality's written all over it; and they just — and they turn into something so beautiful."
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've been told by MFPals that I have a nice body (and everything you read on the internet is true, RIGHT???)
    I don't have a big butt, but it is round and shaped like a C.
    I haven't met any average Joes lately and no one ever tries to "get with me" BUT....

My ex was 4 1/2 inches shorter than me, 45 pounds heavier, had back hair and a beer belly, and I found him extremely attractive in a physical sense.

So yes, looks play a part, but don't assume that everyone's idea of "attractive" is the same.

Also, you're flippin' adorable, so stop worrying about it so much. Heck, I accepted your FR *purely* to add guy candy to my wall.
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    your very sweet :)
    i likes

I've been told by MFPals that I have a nice body (and everything you read on the internet is true, RIGHT???)
    I haven't met any average Joes lately and no one ever tries to "get with me" BUT....

My ex was 4 1/2 inches shorter than me, 45 pounds heavier, had back hair and a beer belly, and I found him extremely attractive in a physical sense.

So yes, looks play a part, but don't assume that everyone's idea of "attractive" is the same.

Also, you're flippin' adorable, so stop worrying about it so much. Heck, I accepted your FR *purely* to add guy candy to my wall.
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Looks have never been a factor for me. It's a guys personality and enjoyment of their company, common values, etc, that attract me.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    if your a chick with a nice body
    you know big butt what ever
    so when you look at an average Joe and he tries to get with you
    right away do you think i can do way better and not give him a chance
    or you listen what he has to offer

do looks play a big role in your relationship

So I don't apply because I don't have a nice body (yet) or a nice butt (yet) but as for me, I don't judge a guy first thing off his looks. Personality matters. A good personality is what makes a man sexy. Period.

:)
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

:drinker: Don't be so hard on yourself! I like the part about the eye candy on her wall! :blushing: It's true that looks aren't everything. They can go away at any moment! I don't like the buffed guys. I feel they're too into themselves to be into me. Average Joe has a lot more to offer anyways. You will find your princess someday! :flowerforyou:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like to give people a chance. I didn't date a whole lot before I got married. But I did date a guy that i really didn't find attractive, but his personality was infectious. We were together for a year and a half and we have remained friends since then.
    I know I'm not the best looking person in the world, but people still give me a chance, so why not return the favor. lol
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I just had to throw in, you aren't an average joe at all. You are quite cute....kind of a "Dwayne Johnson" look to you. :)
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    The sexiest part of a man is his mind.

A guy can walk in looking super hot but if he's a jerk, an idiot who can't form a coherent sentence, and is only thinking about 1 thing it makes him very ugly. Then you can have some other guy who looks like Leonard from Big Bang Theory but if he's smart, kind, intelligent, witty, etc it makes him much more attractive. And yes, I have a bit of a TV crush on Lenoard simply because that character's mind is so attractive.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    part of initial contact is based on looks. however i have meet people i am not attracted to physically, but i want to bang their brains out if you know what i mean.

humor
    intelegence
    and what we have in common is a must

appearence is a plus :]
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A lot of this answer is going to depend on the type of woman you're talking to.
    Some shallow lovely ladies will probably ignore the "average joe" and be kinda rude..but I have a feeling that those girls are far and few between.

Others however will probably see what you have to say and hear you out regardless of what the girl looks like. and I mean that because everyone has insecurities and so personally I think that most women would hear the "average joe" out.
  • sebbysmommy
    sebbysmommy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looks...yes. But even more so, personality and compatibility.

When you find the one my dear, you will know.
    Yep! One look at my now husband and that was it for me :heart:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If a man approaches me, I don't even have to look at him to turn him down. Right away I know he has low standards and therefore isn't worth my time.

:tongue:
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Dudes are just almost never attractive just by looking at them. I've like maybe one or twice in my life ever gone out with a guy because I met him and though he was 'hot'. Most dudes just don't catch my eye. but then i get to know who they are, and if that turns out really well, then their personality makes them start becoming attractive to me. for example, my husband. he's super super hot he has gorgeous blue eyes with thick eyelashes, slim and toned, a cute smile, etc. when i met him i didn't think about that he was attractive or anything. then i started hanging around him and he became gorgeous and now i think hes the hottest guy ev.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Bump this topic intrigues me.