Android or iPhone? the war begins who you got

Options

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I started off with iPhones... then I made the stupid decision of getting an Android... NEVER AGAIN!

I am now back to an iPhone and I will never ever go back to an Android, it just did not work as it should have.. There are multiple reasons why I choose the iPhone over android, but the simple fact is iphones are just what the larger population use.
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    I had an iPhone a while ago, but sold it when I moved back to the US for a while. While I was over I had a Blackberry, and hated it and sold it. When I got back to the UK I got Android. I hated it and sold it and have an iPhone again. So far, I haven't wanted to throw it under a bus. I prefer iPhones.

The Blackberry and Android just didn't work for me. Simple things were not so simple and with Android, it was just bloated and faffy to open an app. It was all over. Using it stressed me out.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    IPhones bug me, this is an illogical hatred, but it stems from the apple "culture" in the Eastern Massachusetts area. Plus, I'm a super tech nerd and I can do so many more hacks with my android that you can't do with apple stuff. Also, I never really got into apple tech (other than ipods I guess), always resented the idea of overcharging for older technology just because it was "cool". Maybe that's unfair of me, but that's how I feel.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    iPhone every time. Wins hands down in my opinion.

I also have an iPad and a MacBook Pro. Apple make the coolest looking, most user-friendly stable running devices bar none.

:-)
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Android. Google has sales on the apps. i got 2 $4.99 apps for .10 cents each. Thanks Google.
  • 29candicanes
    29candicanes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a droid. The Droid X2. I have the Droid 2 Global it was horrible. I am due for an upgrade. Not sure If i will wait for the Iphone 5 or get another droid.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think people that need to be spoon fed will gravitate towards Apple, while people who are more technically proficient will migrate towards Android. Both are nice and capable, but you can go far more in depth with Android.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I really wanted an iPhone...I have an iPod, a Mac computer and an iPad.....but for what I use my phone for I just couldn't really justify the price. I surprised myself and went with an android, the cheapest I could find....Samsung galaxy ace....so far it does absolutely everything I need it to and cost be about a third of the price, no complaints!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking with iphone for now.......

but you can see the hammer of "control" coming down in regards to being able to playing my GASP.... unlicensed music on itunes for much longer.... and then it's so long and off to Android..... land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeee

I love being Canadian :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone. I :heart: it.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I think people that need to be spoon fed will gravitate towards Apple, while people who are more technically proficient will migrate towards Android. Both are nice and capable, but you can go far more in depth with Android.

I actually worried about the technical aspect of the android. Being in advertising, I work on apple products all day, so naturally I thought iPhone....figured it would be familiar to me and easy to use. I wasn't sure android was for me because you hear so much techy stuff about it, which to be honest made no sense to me lol, I worried that I would be lost with the android, that maybe it wasn't user friendly for those of us not technically inclined, I was relieved to realize that you don't have to know that stuff to enjoy having an android phone (but im sure it's awesome and useful for people who know about it!! And I appreciate those people making all the cool apps and fixing bugs etc!)
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I currently have an iPhone- have had it 3 years. Husband has an Android that he just got and he loves it. The Android is more fun to mess around with and customize. The iPhone is better if you just want to take it out of the box and have it work smoothly. 10 years ago, I would have loved the Android more. Now I don't have time to play with the phone - I just need it to work as expected and the iPhone does that just fine.
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I actually worried about the technical aspect of the android. Being in advertising, I work on apple products all day, so naturally I thought iPhone....figured it would be familiar to me and easy to use. I wasn't sure android was for me because you hear so much techy stuff about it, which to be honest made no sense to me lol, I worried that I would be lost with the android, that maybe it wasn't user friendly for those of us not technically inclined, I was relieved to realize that you don't have to know that stuff to enjoy having an android phone (but im sure it's awesome and useful for people who know about it!! And I appreciate those people making all the cool apps and fixing bugs etc!)

Apple is just too rigid and controlling. They lock their operating systems and devices down and make enhancement/innovation/adaptation very difficult.
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Totally in love with my iPhone.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    android , but I will be copping the iphone 5 when it drops..
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i am a tech geeky nerd if you want to call it that lol
    i have had android and just don't like it
    i have had iPhone and switch to see what else is out there but i always come back to it
    and its awesome in my opinion
    everyone has there preferred i have mine

lol, if you were really a tech geek you wouldn't be going with an iphone. Poser
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had an iPhone, but I quite like it. I looked at other smart phones, but I already have a Macbook and iPhone, so I liked the idea of having a phone that operated in a similar way, plus I can sync up my calendar and stuff.
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Blackberry :3

HATE everything apple, and only owned an android for a week and didnt like it at all.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have an un-smart phone. We will leave it at that.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HTC Incredible Android phone and an iPad