question for the ladies be honest here?

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am a very shy and reserved person so I don't let very many people "in." .... so personality has a LOT more to do with it than looks. I need someone who I can get along with and feel comfortable with opening up to. Some of the guys I'm interested in are cute some of them are just ok. Their personalities make them attractive to me. I have shut out some really attractive men just because I didn't like the way they carried themselves and they just didn't make me feel comfortable talking to them. *shrug*

But I have a boyfriend now so I don't really let anyone chat me up.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I don't expect my man to be a supermodel or anything - personality, similar morals and a great sense of humor are the most important things for me.

However, I do expect a man to take care of himself, in the same sense that I do. He should eat well, be well-groomed, and dress like he isn't a fifteen year old boy. For me, it's more about the way a man packages and presents himself than his actual "hotness".
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i could care less about his looks (as long as he doesnt smell and isnt greasy and dirty lol) i care more about what is inside and what he has to say :)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of myself as...well, pretty. Not so much a nice body, however I do have a big butt. <-- as you can see in the pic. But, did I pay mind to looks? Yeah. I kind of looked for clean cut guys. But, I payed even more attention to personality and compatibility.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    Looks play a role, but I'll tell you, I've dated "less attractive guys" becasue they had the best personality. Looks generally matter most for hook up. Personality counts long term!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in giving someone a chance to have a conversation so that I can see what kind of focus they have. I learned a long time ago that looks only get you so far. I was in the military for almost 10 years and I know well enough that those pretty features can become disfigured in the blink of an eye...sooo to sum it all up I WILL TAKE BRAINS OVER BRAWN ANYDAY :wink:

Brains over brawn, absolutely.

That said, I do have a tendency to be attracted to confident men (sometimes way too confident), and because our society is so hyper focused on the exterior, it's hard to find a confident man who isn't also good looking. But when I do find one, I often think he's hotter than a more physically attractive man, because his confidence isn't all based on looks that are going to fade.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Of course looks matter. Anyone who says they don't would be a liar. However, once I talk to someone and realize they are either a giant douche, or just have nothing going on upstairs then it's a deal breaker and I don't care how good you look.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Looks don't make that much of a difference to me....the guys I've dated range so far in looks and build, it would make your head spin.

While I do have to be physically attracted to a guy to see a relationship forming, personality and compatibility can play a BIG part in how attractive a guy is!

I met the man I'm with now on an online dating site, and I overlooked his profile a lot of times because it didn't strike me. His pics were okay, but I was not "wowed" and falling on the floor in lust. But he was brave and messaged me, and we started talking and realized we had SO much in common and a lot of intellectual chemistry....and when we met in person, sparks totally flew :) Still do, as a matter of fact, and it's been almost 2 years since we met!

My point is this...while looks DO matter some, personality/sense of humor/compatibility matter 1000x more! :)
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    First off I have been with the same man for 24 years...

BUT, if I were single....at first looks do catch your eye. BUT, I like a man that is funny and easy to get along with. I have met men that are not so attractive at first glance, and then as you get to know him, he gets better looking and better looking with his personality.

And if a girl thinks she is too good, then she is not worth your time!!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Do you Mr. Average Joe give the woman that just walked with a flat behind but giving you the eye the time of the day?

This! I am curious as to this answer here... :wink:
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Make me laugh and im hooked!! I have been out with the funniest men and also a few fitties. The one thing that attracts me is a kind soul and a cracking sense of humour. Oh and politeness x
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    To date from the get go...yeah, Id say looks matter more than if its someone Ive gotten to know in some other capacity. Friend or other type of acquaintence. Ive found myself attracted to guys Ive known for a while. Wasnt attracted at the start....but it turned into that and they didnt turn into gods ....it was the rest of them. But to walk in and not know someone....Id say more of an attraction is necessary to get the ball rolling...
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    When your real young (dumb,and full of...), looks play apart. The older you get (well at least me), I want some one, who has some type of job, has his priorities in order, funny( a must), easy on my eyes, but the sexiest thing to me is a SMART man.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Looks are what 'typically' attracts someone for the first time (in a social setting). When I first met my boyfriend (I met him almost 3 years ago and we have been dating for a little over 2 years) I was attracted to him physically. What made me swoon, however, was not his looks but his amazing amazing singing voice.

The rest is history.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    personality and the chemistry is whats important to me! Guys seem to only like me for my looks... :(
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    Looks have way less to do with it than if he's calling me a 'chick'...
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Looks might or might not attract me to someone initially, but I'm smart enough to not let that be the biggest piece of the pie. I need someone compatible with me, who can laugh and make me laugh, who is secure with himself, and many other non-physical characteristics. My husband ended up being pretty much the opposite of my 'ideal' as far as physical looks go, but he's perfect for me in every way.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Attraction is important at first but not the be all and end all of a potential relationship. Make her laugh and you will be winning! Make her feel important. Listen and give feedback. Ask questions.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Do you Mr. Average Joe give the woman that just walked with a flat behind but giving you the eye the time of the day?

"like" :)
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    looks play a role, but looks aren't always everything.. sometimes, the great looking guys tend to be a-holes. or maybe that's just been my experience. :tongue: