question for the ladies be honest here?

Options
1235»

Replies

• saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was always attracted to humor- a funny guy, with a charming personality. I didn't base my
    decision to date solely on looks.. Something about their personality is what had to
    get my attention. I never 'looked' for attractive men- just enjoyed being near fun, nice guys that
    made me laugh.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    A good personality goes a long way!!! I have fallen for guys (that I wasn't attracted to immediately) just because of their personalities...but it took time to develop. So if some random guy just hit on me and there wasn't a physical attraction I'm not sure how I would respond, he'd have to make a heck of an impression for me to take/give a number.
  • LilyGrey
    LilyGrey Posts: 18
    Options
    If an average Joe tries to get with me, I'll turn him down straight away.

If an average Jane tries to get with me, I'll get to know her and go from there.

FYI, not every lady is attracted to men...
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes :love: I like having the guy in charge .
  • eleslie1989
    eleslie1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    why is this question only to "chicks with a nice body"?

contradiction much?
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    If what comes out of his mouth sounds like he spent all his school years learning English from watching MTV, then I'd have to walk away. Looks are a bonus and a temporary one at that if we're looking at the long term, but if he acts ignorant or just stupid in general he could be the hottest piece of booty on this earth, I wouldn't tap that with a telephone pole. Intelligence is sexy.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I was set up with my now husband and our first interaction was over the phone, he had me laughing for hours. When we actually met a few days later he looked nothing like what I expected and not my "type" but his personality shined so much I found those things I normally wouldn't have attractive...don't get me wrong his is a very good looking guy! I was also not his "type", he said my confidence and drive snagged him LOL.

I have always believed that everyone deserves a chance...I have dated people who I'm not kidding became more attractive once I got to know them...I also have known some gorgeous people who are ugly to me because of their personalities. I also think that if someone does not want to give you a chance because of looks they are probably not the person you want anyway!!

Looks may be the first thing we notice on a person but that is not what defines them! :)
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I don't have a nice body, I need to gain some weight first but this has only really happened to me in clubs. I think boys do it in clubs though because they think they're going to 'get some,' so I don't know. But if a guy asked me out, despite his appearance, I would say yes. Talking to someone is how you get to know them and their personality. I would never say no to someone based on their appearance I think it's vain.
    My last ex has treacher collins sydrome and his face is disfigured, I didn't know this when I agreed to met him(we met on facebook lol), and I'm not going to lie I was taken a back just because I didn't really understand it, but we had an almost two year relationship. His looks never came into the equation, it wasn't the reason I broke up with him, I was with him regardless of his appearance. So yeah if someone asked me out, I would never say no based on their looks.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    Based on looks alone, I typically go for a guy who is "on the same level" as me. Like I have an ok body so I'm not going to expect my boyfriend or whatever to be ripped. Also, I think I'm like average looking so I'm also not expecting the hottest dude in the room to talk to me. But personality and confidence (and being tall lol) are definately important factors as well.
  • mocha1975
    mocha1975 Posts: 44
    Options
    Looks...yes. But even more so, personality and compatibility.

When you find the one my dear, you will know.

Couldn't said it better myself =)

Totally agree!! :)
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    looks are nice, but thats not what keeps me coming back for more.
    what does looks matter if i would go blind tomorrow? i would hope he would feel the same.
    God forbid some horrific thing would happen & i would be scarred for life, i would hope he would stay with me not out of pity, but because he loved the beauty within me. because thats how i would love him.

every man i was ever with was for different reasons. things that attracted me to him.
    like: the way i can get lost in his scent, the way his eyes light up when he's telling a story, his smile, the feel of his thighs as they are..., mostly how safe do i feel in his arms? how does he make me feel? i want to feel like a lady when im with him.
    would he protect me from a mouse to a burgler? will he hold my hand in public? am i more than a booty call. if my hair would fall out, would he be ashamed to be seen with me? or leave me?

most of all, when he looks at me, does he see me? all of me? truely me? & not just what i look like on the outside?
    because thats what i would be looking for in him.

pretty packages are nice. but they are worthless if there is nothing nice on the inside!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Even though looks definitely come into that initial attraction, I think most girls would give an 'average' guy a chance. If not she's a just a b!tch so he's actually dodging a bullet
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    well thanks:)
    i get that a lot but if i may ask where do you see the rock in me
    a lot of people even my family always tell me but when i look at myself
    i say are they crazy lol
    I just had to throw in, you aren't an average joe at all. You are quite cute....kind of a "Dwayne Johnson" look to you. :)
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    why do you think you are "just average"????:noway:
    you make it sound like you are nothing special. & thats not true!! NOBODY is JUST average!
    I've seen some of your posts before & although you seem to doubt yourself, I do see a very nice man.
    you are someone who is thoughtful of others. you show empathy & sincerity. you have a lot to offer & a lot of love to give.
    your smile is the light that will draw the moths to flame. your eyes are the windows to your soul. they are warm & kind.
    you have come a long way in this journey to get healthy. thats VERY admirable!
    don't be in a hurry to find any love. your love is worth the wait. it always is for the right one.
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
    when you find the special someone, you will see them in a whole new light. you will ask yourself what did i do to deserve someone this great? they are so out of my leaugue. & you know what? they will be asking themselves the same question too!
    "you will get as good as you give."

so raise up your self-esteme! love yourself! because you have to have love to give love. & you have to give love to receive love.

ps. you made the comment that women are hot with big tushies. i will have you know that ive always had my "bubble-butt" & have been ridiculed for it for YEARS!!!! (even as a child). im 46 now & ive FINALLY have a bf that fancys that! :blushing: so go figure!
    so you see, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    your right i do believe i go after the wrong type of females and i know i am wrong but idk
    A lot of this answer is going to depend on the type of woman you're talking to.
    Some shallow lovely ladies will probably ignore the "average joe" and be kinda rude..but I have a feeling that those girls are far and few between.

Others however will probably see what you have to say and hear you out regardless of what the girl looks like. and I mean that because everyone has insecurities and so personally I think that most women would hear the "average joe" out.
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    well thanks:)
    i get that a lot but if i may ask where do you see the rock in me
    a lot of people even my family always tell me but when i look at myself
    i say are they crazy lol
    I just had to throw in, you aren't an average joe at all. You are quite cute....kind of a "Dwayne Johnson" look to you. :)

All of your facial features, actually. :)
  • Beeteezie
    Beeteezie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you Mr. Average Joe give the woman that just walked with a flat behind but giving you the eye the time of the day?

I was thinking the same question... Probably not