Replies

• MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your willpower ladies....can't do it :ohwell:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth and I've been eating terribly the last few days, so I am issuing a challenge to myself and anyone else who wants to join me: no sweets for a full week. I've gone through periods before when I haven't craved sweets, but it usually takes me about 4 or 5 days to detox off of sugar before the intense cravings go away. Once they do, though, I feel great!! So I am starting with one week to see if I can do it... then maybe a second week (or more!).

"No sweets" for me means no refined sugars in the first few ingredients listed-- I'm not going to say no sugar period because there are things I eat (like kashi go lean crunch) that have sugar in them, but I don't eat them primarily for the sweetness. I am a cookie addict, so for me, I mean no cookies, brownies, candy, etc. "No sweets" might mean something different for you, but it should be a challenge. So who's with me? :bigsmile:

I will try! Such a hard hard thing for me to give up. Umm....did you go to Tulum??? I just went to Playa Del Carmen a few weeks ago! We have pretty close to the same tracker picture! How cool!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    i am so in
  • clareshard1
    Options
    hi I have a sweet tooth too but restricting any kind of food type that you dont have to apart from allergy reasons can lead to craving what you have restricted and then gettin into the cheating/binge cycle,, go easy on yourselves if you want a sweet hit,, we are genetically progammed to enjoy sweetness, our taste buds confirm this! Sample not sabotage works for me,, I dont wantto feel left out of any taste expereince but portion control and sampling rather than a full portion keeps those cravings at bay.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I've just finished the entire LENT without any snacks whatsover. Looking forward to tomorrow when I can indulge on an easter egg. Yummy :)
  • tafaye
    tafaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few days now. On day 3. I am just staying away from added sugars and sweets. When I am craving something sweet I go eat a piece of orange or a strawberry. I am just trying to stay within the 25g of sugar mfp has me at. So hard, but worth it, I think!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Ah, boo. I totally forgot and ate some gulab jamun! They were SO GOOD. Right now I'm enjoying an Izze, too, which could be better, but it could be worse. :) Ahh, I'll have to remind myself before sitting down to eat. :)
  • Sunnie0678
    Sunnie0678 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm on day 2 and I NEED motivation.......
  • cjam134
    cjam134 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 as well. I was so proud of myself for making it through yesterday. I want that proud feeling again today.
  • Crescent_Meadows
    Crescent_Meadows Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I'm going to cut out sweets now too (I had way too much this weekend while decorating gingerbread hosues). My biggest challenge with be avoiding the delicious treats set out by the secretaries at my office