What is your weigh in routine?

Options

Replies

• scrang37
    scrang37 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings after using the restroom before I eat or bathe:) Sometimes I splurge on the weekend and if I weighed on Sunday I might get depressed.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. Keeps me on-track. I could do a lot of damage in a week.
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Every morning after I pee. :tongue:
  • gafrausto
    gafrausto Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesdays (1st day of MFP) mid morning since that's when I weighed myself the first time.
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    My problem with daily weigh-ins is that my weight varies by anything up to 3-4 lb a day (I assume it's 'work in progress'). It's only weekly that I can see any consistent trend in my weight. Daily weigh-ins can leave me either elated or depressed, so I don't. Weekly is enough to monitor progress.

When I was working 9-5, I used to get up, get rid of as much extra weight as I could (use the loo, shave, cut toenails etc), weigh, dress and have breakfast. Now I am working shifts I find that my (er) habits are far less regular, so a weekly check is far more reliable.
  • LaneAndKent
    LaneAndKent Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Daily, and proud of it. I stand by it because I know my body's habits well enough to anticipate when I'll be up or down from regular anomalies. I've lost 101 pounds in 11 months so it works.

I don't think it would bother me to do weekly, but if I only weighed in once a week I feel like I'd begin to forget. I have to do whatever is necessary to maintain my triple-digit loss forever, and if that's daily weigh-ins, so be it. I'm not a slave to it and don't worry if it's up a pound or two. But if it's 3 or 4 pounds up first thing in the morning, I need to know FIRST THING, not seven days later.
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    My problem with daily weigh-ins is that my weight varies by anything up to 3-4 lb a day (I assume it's 'work in progress'). It's only weekly that I can see any consistent trend in my weight. Daily weigh-ins can leave me either elated or depressed, so I don't. Weekly is enough to monitor progress.

When I was working 9-5, I used to get up, get rid of as much extra weight as I could (use the loo, shave, cut toenails etc), weigh, dress and have breakfast. Now I am working shifts I find that my (er) habits are far less regular, so a weekly check is far more reliable.
    [/quote]
    I agree... toenails...lol
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week at curves so that I am consistant and on the same scale. I try to have a light breakfast and go to Curves about 1 hour later.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh in every Saturday morning, before I eat and after I've used the toilet. I usually weigh myself while I am still in my jammies, so that the extra pounds from clothing are consistent. If my weight changes, I log it. If not, I won't.

I do the same thing with measurements. I won't measure if I've eaten because each meal fills my belly differently.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I am really going to be the odd one out here.
    I don't own scales.
    I weigh in at the gym on wednesdays after workout.
    Obviously with gym clothes on but they weigh much the same as they did last week.
    :indifferent:
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    Once a month. I prefer the tape measure.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every morning. have been thinking of cutting back to twice a week. i started with every morning b/c i wanted to see what was working and what wasn't with weight loss. i think i know more or less what works, and i find myself depriving myself of a social life b/c i am afraid of what i am going to be tempted to eat or drink. if i cut back to twice a week i think it'll allow a little more wiggle room and still be able to see some results.
  • rsboyd
    rsboyd Posts: 12
    Options
    I weight in 3 times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 1st thing out of bed.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I weigh in randomly every blue moon...But I am trying to get into the habit of weighing myself every few weeks. But I take my measurements weekly.
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I hate it, but I weight in every morning. I wish I had the will power to only step on once a week.... I've done it before, and lived to tell the tale... lol.... but I'm just in the habbit of getting on every single morning.

I'm better than my husband though - He will get on 2-3 times a day!!!!! :noway:
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself numerous times a week but the one that i use for here to show if i'm up or down is wednesday am. i figure if i do bad a day or two on the weekend i have a few days at the beginning of the week that can get me back on track
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I feel brave I wake up, pee, get naked and get courage to step on the scales. I then cry or get angry and vow to be less next time. Then I don't eat or drink for a while and get back on the scales to see if it made a difference but it never does so I wait until I feel brave again.
    (I'm not an example)
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh every three weeks at the Medi Weight Loss Center I go to for my official weight loss, which is also at night after work. If I weigh anytime early in the day it is always lighter, because my weight goes up a few lbs. as the day goes on.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and currently use Monday as my 'official' weigh in day. I've rotated around on my official days depending on what plan I've been currently following. I don't do anything different on my weigh in day, but I do the day before. I find if I have a steak dinner the night before (with tons of vegetables - usually roasted), I drop the weight. Funny as it seems, it works for me. I don't do it regularily, obviously, but every first day of the new month I weigh in and take my measurements to see how I've progressed and if I think I need an extra boost on the scale, that's my meal!
  • aheartbeatsos
    Options
    I weigh in every morning.
    I know some people say 'Don't do this' but it really keeps me motivated.
    If my weight goes up, it reinforces my determination to eat properly and exercise hard (I do keep in mind water weight, but I still see a pound up as a challenge).
    I'm a bit compulsive though.
    I'll weigh myself three times in different parts of the house - bathroom, hallway and kitchen.
    Hehe