Opinions on Boca Burgers

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go into it thinking that they will be mistaken for meat, they are really delicious! Plus, the Boca Original Vegan Patty packs in 20g protein for 100 measly calories.
  • danosgirl009
    danosgirl009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had both the Original Vegan (70 cal) Boca Burgers and the Swiss Mushroom Boca Burgers. I think they're fantastic! Once you have your toppings on you really can't tell it's a veggie burger at all! They even have my dog fooled! (In fact, just minutes ago I finished my Swiss Mushroom burger!)
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    As an aside, I like the Sunshine burgers a lot as well. Or I make my own!
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    I prefer the sunshine burgers or Dr Praegers. They are a little less processed. The sunshine burgers are made from sunflower seeds and Dr Praegers from veggies.

I could never get into the morningstar burgers and didn't like the boca "hamburgers" but liked the chicken ok.

I just stick with sunshine burgers now, but wish they came more than 3 to a box
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Vegan Boca burgers are what I take to cook outs because they're easy to find and hold up to the grill, but out of all the pre-made veggie burgers we've eaten over the years my family prefers just about any of the Amy's burgers and Wildwood sprouted tofu burgers. I also make homemade mushroom burgers and black bean burgers a lot too. Don't expect any of them to taste like meat though. Vegetarian foods need to be enjoyed for their own unique flavors and characteristics, not just as "meat substitutes".
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thats what I had for dinner tonight, the veggie burger grilled. I love them.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    The restaurant I work at has an awesome made from scratch chipotle black bean burger....I am going to try replicating it st home...ill post the recipe if it comes out well.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    look up a good black bean burger recipe and try making them from scratch. the ones I make go right on the grill in summertime and are nice and juicy (I add a lot of watery bits like peppers & onions)

Boca burgers are all right, but they can be a little on the dry side, which one often will make up for with sauce.
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    I tend to buy what's on sale - I like them all. :) I still need to try more of the flavored kind (chiptole, southwest, etc) but in the summer I go 'burger crazy' and eat them a few times a week with some watermelon and veggie medly. Quiick and easy for someone who doesn't cook. :laugh:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I like Quorn..oh wait they don't make burgers.

I don't miss eating Boca or Morningstar, so yeah, not that great.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    They're actually pretty good!! Don't bother with the boca breakfast meats. They taste like meatloaf, not sausage. But the burgers are very good in my opinion.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    They are super good. But they do have yeast extract.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Morning Star Farms is the best...

both the Garden Veggie Patty and (my favorite) the Black Bean Spicy Burger

yummm
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options
    LOVE 'EM! They dry out a little on the grill, for my tastes - but in a skillet, they're wonderful and taste great. I totally don't miss real burgers when I'm eating them! I definitely recommend them!
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    They are really good, but I prefer Morning Star and Garden Burger....Not sure how healthy they are, but they taste really good!!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i love them, and i have no idea why.
    on fiber one whole wheat buns or fried up with scrambled eggs.i like the "original vegan" ones even tho im not a vegan at all and like meat haha. strange. i was a veg head for three years, and i guess the taste of it just stuck with me :] spicy black bean is amazing with mayo, such a great combo!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love them!
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    I love the flame grilled boca burgers.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer Morningstar, which has amazing black bean burgers. In general though, I've found that burgers that have veggies etc in them are better than those that attempt to mimic meat.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    boca burgers are my favourite veggie burgers,
    they don't sell them in Canada anymore though :(
    last time a co worker brought me one from the states, haha i was eccstatic