Replies

• jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yep, 53 and would like to drop35 40 pounds
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    50 years old here need to lose about 60 pounds, anyone can feel free to friend me if you like!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    51 yrs old, have lost 45 lbs. since Dec. 13, need to lose another 25.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options

This is not a lecture - it is a caution:
    An insight I've (unintentionally) gained... which is why I am quoting you... "Don't eat your exercise." Me: Guilty as charged. I'd burn " X " amount of calories working out and then eat it right back.

I have the same goals as most everyone here has posted, I could not understand why I was staying at the same weight after all the exercise until a link on Fitbit caught my eye "Don't eat your exercise". Now I am very mindful to stick to my target calorie count for each day.

I do find MFP a very helpful tool and thank you all for listening.

Peace

I respectfully disagree. I am 56 and have lost 46 pounds with MFP and I EAT my exercise calories back. Just saying.
  • wittamama
    wittamama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi.. i'm 60 and i have a lot of weight to lose. love this program but havent lost a pound! if you want a friend to talk to, im here!

are there ant singles guys over 50 on here? I"m also looking for someone in oklahoma to date and see where it goes.:love:
  • groog
    groog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    53 working on losing 50lb doing good
  • groog
    groog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    53 working on losing 50lb doing good
    would like some friends lost 19 pounds do far
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    bump....til later:smile:
  • brady1955
    Options
    Hi - I just turned 57 and decided it's time I embrace a healthy, normal weight. I retired in December 2010 and now it's time to get serious about losing 40 lbs once and for all! Since I retired my husband and I do a lot of traveling so that means making better food choices and sticking with a plan. I'm looking for friends to help me succeed. I live in Massachusetts.
  • tinadot
    tinadot Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, 53 on Thursday and STILL need to lose lots of pounds, about 100!!!!

Have encouraged my 18 year old daughter to join up and we can do it together, any suggestions for keeping on track would be most welcome.

I love cooking and have started looking at adapting recipes so watch that recipe board!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it just feel great!I'm sure you can feel the 8 lbs,just imagine 50 lbs.I've lost 16 and still have 50 to go but,it just feels Sooooo good,:)
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ok, I found the group Joy, but no "JOIN" button.
  • torreviejo
    torreviejo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and need to lose 25lbs - need all the support I can get. Feel free to add me
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and need to lose 60 or so lbs but i take it 1 pound at a time that helps me and MFP has been amazing with the great support team that is here i am dilligent in logging calories and i exersise 5 to 6 times a week whch i have not done in over 30years
    so i am amazed at myself and the accomplishements that everyone has made .. I have struggled all my life with weight but i notice after 4 children and getting older it does not seem to come off as easy as it did years ago.. but i am giving it my all i will succeed this time ... I always remember 3 words and some good advice i received from a program i attended... If you dont feel like doing something like eating right , logging calories excersizing .. JUST DO IT ANYWAY!!! oops guess that is 4 words but i guess you get the picture.. Just know that all of us are here for each one of you on this site... feel free to friend me for ongoing support... Have a great day and a great Easter!
  • burty4
    burty4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just had same health scare as you,got from 245 stone to 210 got to lose between 40-50 pounds more.Giving up smoking 10 years ago and injurying my spine did not help,hope you get to your goal cheers burty
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Me too! Keep at it!
  • PatBland
    PatBland Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I believe that I am the old lady of the group. Working hard and slow to achieve my goal. Basically to be healthy as I head into those Golden Oldie years. We all need support, and these message boards with all of the comments are a real inspiration.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi coach - I'm also 60 in May.....mine's the 30th. :drinker: :drinker:

Linda
  • pitboss59
    pitboss59 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm 52 I was able to lose 137 lb over 3 years going from 320 to stealth 183. Big help from Doc Oz's you on a diet. Life style change not diet is the answer. Keep moving my friend.
  • lante
    lante Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 54 in March. I am 5'9 and I started my journey weighing in at 252 (ouch) I am now down to 194. What a joy to be below 200 that was a happy day. I found MFP after my most current weight lost. My weight lost has been slowing down lately which is a bit discouraging. I am an emotional eater but this program really helps to keep me on track when life gets in the way. I love to hike and believe it or not I absolutely love my treadmill. (most people find treadmills boring) At 194 not quite sure how I am fitting into size 12 jeans but I am. I've been getting lots of compliments but I feel like a cheat when people say how thin I look when I know I still need to lose about 40 pounds to get into the normal weight range on my BMI. I love hearing everyone's stories and feels good to know that others struggle with the same demons. My goal is to be healthy so my husband and I can enjoy our "golden" years together.