Android or iPhone? the war begins who you got

Options

Replies

• munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Annnnndroid.

*crazy war cry*

I just like being in control/personalisation of my gadgets.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    Love, love, love my iPhone!!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    android here. :)
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I've been a technologist since learining to work on my first F-16/4 in the Air Force. Technology is what you make it, its got something for everyone and solution. Not 1 device or concept rules the imagination and can solve everyones problems. 1 company may like the flexibility that Linux provides while the other may like the consistency in supporting a microsoft environment. Likewise with mobile devices, formerly know as cellphones, many people like the simplicity of the "i" devices while others, like myself, want to push the boundaries and use a device that does not conform to a single phylosophy. You can be a robot and conform to a single thought or stretch your mind and boundaries by utilzing an android device that opens many opertunities.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    android
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When I'm old and less tech savvy and want to make trendy purchases I'll go with Apple. For the time being, though I'm fairly adept technically and prefer the freedom and highly adaptable environment that Android offers.

Want another case in point...ZOMG IPOD IS THE BEST EVER. Yet, if you ever pick up a Cowan mp3 player and load it down with some flac-formatted audio media....it will efffing destroy ipods. Ipods are inferior and have deteriorated hardcore on the quality front ever since 5.5, but sheeple continue to buy what they're told with any objective thought or the desire to have an original or objective thought.
  • ourmamros
    ourmamros Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I had the Nokia 3310 and loved it, got talked into an upgrade which was a Samsung. Family were getting IPhones and although i liked the apps they were things i did not NEED so i did not bother to change. March 2011 son gave me an IPhone 3. I like the apps, games etc and learnt how to use it but never felt I needed all the extras. However since i joined MFP i now NEED that phone. I get twitchy if it is charging and not in my pocket. I love my IPhone!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have an Android. The main reason being it has a slide-ou keyboard with a touch screen. IPhone does not offer a keyboard! I love the touch screen but for some reason I just can't type on it.
  • QuintinV
    QuintinV Posts: 28
    Options
    Best of both with an Android phone and also have iPad... won't ever want to choose between the two - love them both and can't live without them!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I have HTC Tytn on Windows and a HTC Hero (Android). Copy and pasting files and no iTunes is heaven.
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    i'm an APPLE chick for definate, a very upset chick however as it had a swim on Saturday & no longer works! now using andriod until it gets replaced and i am hating it! APPLE rocks ;0)

3373860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Previously had an iPhone 3GS and liked it but made the switch to a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 2.3 and LOVED it. Waiting patiently for the local release of Android 4.0 for the S2 - was so close to upgrading to a Galaxy Nexus though which already has Android 4.0.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    i am a tech geeky nerd if you want to call it that lol
    i have had android and just don't like it
    i have had iPhone and switch to see what else is out there but i always come back to it
    and its awesome in my opinion
    everyone has there preferred i have mine

I had an iPhone,switched to an android...should have known better. Now,I want an iPhone again.

My android is giving me grief,so I wait for the iPhone 5 to come out.

I just don't like my android and thinking back I really didn't have problem with my iPhone.
  • jonnaharman
    Options
    iphone 4s
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    I think people that need to be spoon fed will gravitate towards Apple, while people who are more technically proficient will migrate towards Android. Both are nice and capable, but you can go far more in depth with Android.

That's a very up front way of putting it.

As someone who does phone and computer repair, I do notice the customers who prefer iphones (and apple in general) tend to be not as tech savvy as the people who prefer android. The iphone is more user friendly. Just an observation.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Was a devoted droid user until I picked up the droid revolution that phone converted me to the iphone. and its a happy ever after
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    I think people that need to be spoon fed will gravitate towards Apple, while people who are more technically proficient will migrate towards Android. Both are nice and capable, but you can go far more in depth with Android.

ahh no android is an open operating system with so many bugs in it im surpised it still works, my first droid The the first droid to come out was awesome no problems at all I had it jail broke in a matter of a few mins then went on to customizing everything I could from the live wallpapers to the boot up screen, but this all changed as every phone maker began making the droid phones each maker added there own garbage to a awesome phone. when I had my Revolution it was packed with a ton of verizon garbage and you could not take it off jail breaking it was almost impossible and after getting minute by minute crashes and the battery life being of only two hours I gave up.

having either one has no difference in being more technical I love my I phone its super fast and never crash's bet you can't say that about your droid. the only real difference in each one is android is more open and apple is more closed.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    argument stops when android folks say ''An android can do this and that just LIKE an iPhone can''...
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've never heard anyone say android can do anything like an iphone can.

Apple has taken things from android (notification center?) and has implemented them well in their devices. I've had both, and I can not see myself going back to an iphone simply because of the fact that I'd have to jailbreak it to do what I can on an android out of the box.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    IPhone!!!