So what is everyone making for Easter Dinner???

Options

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well, since I drew a bad card and ended up working this year my beautiful wife is making an excellent ham dinner! Can't wait to go home!
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cauliflower gratin, pie, lots of chocolate. Mmmm
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Shells, Green beans, garlic bread and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Totally not traditional, but I don't like meat.

Usually go to my parents, but my son is working all day so I'm cooking dinner for us.

Happy Easter everyone!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Holy-Moly that sounds GOOD!! I am making MrWW ccok roast beef - I gave up wine for Lent and alllotted cooking to him today in case I was incapable :blushing: :blushing:
  • carolanne84
    carolanne84 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this is the first year im not having a trad easter family dinner were just having enchiladas, rice, and beans. With a lil rotel and tortillia chips and fruit salad to snack on.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    hubby is working today , so i am all alone .. once he gets home tonight, im making spag. and meatballs
    that will be our dinner ..lol
  • missemcm
    missemcm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We are doing a big brunch. Eggs, Sausage, Roast Potatoes, Fresh asparagus, Spinach Salad and fresh fruit. Also a strawberry rhubarb pie and chelsea buns for desert, i will most deffinetly be at the gym tonite.
  • Tangerine16
    Tangerine16 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Traditional roast lamb. Because I've had to work in Easter breakfast at church and part of my Easter egg, I ate about 250 cals worth of dinner, and the rest of my allowance today is saved to continue with the chocolate!

14363700.png
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Spiral ham, cheesey potatoes, potato salad, mashed sweet potatoes, corn, peas,baked mac and cheese. Plus I baked and decorated a cake, made 6 dozen cookies and jello jigglers
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    honey glazed ham, collard greens, baked mac n cheese, bbq chicken, homemade yeast rolls and cupcakes for the kids.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Hopefully a restaurant will be open.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Egg salad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I usually spend the holidays at my brother's and SIL, but since no one called, I guess they won't be hosting dinner. So I baked flounder in salsa with garlic mashed potatoes, a vegetable medley of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, with pineapple chunks for dessert. I really don't like ham, so this meal was perfect.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Tuna steak and a wholemeal pita bread.
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    Options
    Slow cooker chicken, corn bread muffins (for portion control purposes), green bean casserole (I personally won't be having any), and steamed broccoli (my subsitute for the casserole).

Yippee! I'm determined to stay on the right path today...holiday or not! :smile:
  • ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a local farm near me that raises their own pigs. They just slaughtered in February so I bought one of their hams. Can't wait to try it. Can't say as I have ever had ham that is going to be that fresh and is not loaded with salt. I am going to baste it with a peach/maple syrup combination. Should be tasty!

Went to our local goat farm and picked up some goat cheese that was made yesterday. Having that on spinach salad w/pecans and a little vinagarette dressing I will whip up.

Lot's of side veggies....asparagus, green beans, brussel sprouts. Will par boil them altogether and then roast with a little EVOO for about 10 minutes on 400*.

Final stop today was my local orchard. Got fresh apple cidar and cheddar rosemary rolls. Bought apple dumplings (like an apple pie but individual and totally wrapped in crust) and lemon bars for dessert for everyone. Her baked goods are too hard to pass up and much easier than making them myself for this occasion.

Of course all this occurs after church. I love Easter service!

What time should I be there? :)
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My family is grilling out--so my meal will be a turkey burger (no bread), veggie skewers and salad. (Not sure what else is being made). I'm happy my family is supporting me and willing to cook the healthier alternative for me!
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We are having roasted chicken with roasted carrots,zuchinni, and squash.. smashed potatoes yummo
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Pork crackling, mixed veg and beetroot. :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Jamaican Jerk chicken with fresh mango salsa, Calypso corn and Jamaican rice and peas.