• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression everything tastes like chicken.:happy:

:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Protein choco/pops - only 46 cals each and loaded with protein. Tastes like chocolate mousse.

Silk - Pure Almond Milk, Dark Chocolate, 1.5 cup
    Pure Protein - 100% Whey Protein Powder- Vanilla Creme, 1 scoop (34g)
    Mccormick - Pure Almond Extract, 0.25 tsp
    Hershey's - Lite Chocolate Syrup, 2 tbsp
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.25 tsp

Whip it in blender, pour into popsicle molds ($2 art wally world) freeze then enjoy after a good workout.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When they make a yogurt that tastes "just like" fried chicken someone 'bump' this for me so I can go buy it lol - great fun reading on this thread!
  • ronanoo
    ronanoo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes! at the end of the day, eating healthier,losing weight etc is a trade off between that and gorging on wonderful bad for you food :P

I've accepted that, it's about eating better, substitution, changing your diet, having a few treats here and there but dont go acting like there is no difference.

Having said that tho god damn i prefer frozen yoghurt over icecream any day
  • mousecat84
    Options
    I likes me some fake vegetarian chicken, but don't think it tastes like chicken. But it's tasty in its own right!

My other half just doesn't understand when I make us our own versions of apricot chicken! But it's so tasty I can't help myself haha :laugh:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    If I want pie,I will have pie, if I want onion rings I will have onion rings....If I want slimfast for breakfast as a change from egg white omlettes I will. Personally, why bother with lowfat anything....moderation..and the gentleman above a few posts. I agree...someone needs a hug
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    That said, I still don't understand my own logic, in my life before MFP. I mean really - why was it always Snickers and a Diet Dr. Pepper? Like the aspartame in the soda pop was going to offset the sugar in the candy? Sometimes I do the most illogical stuff!

:blushing:

Wait ... wait ... you're trying to tell me that a diet pop DOESN'T make the whole meal 0 calories?? My diet plan is ruined now!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    "My stupid husband can't tell the difference between a real boston creme pie and this YOPLAIT 12 CALORIE YOGURT tee hee hee I <3 dieting and shoe shopping with my bffs"

I want to stab everyone involved in these commercials
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am sick and tired of hearing that "this tastes like pie" or "you can't even tell the difference between them"... ok I am all about eating healthier, but don't try and push that health products "taste like the real thing" because it NEVER does! I am tired of hearing about people also drinking their calories to try and lose weight "oh it tastes like pie!". We all know it does not and you have to be pretty far into your delusion of thinking that it really does taste like pie to try and defend it. Besides, I would much rather have a lunch/dinner replacement taste like dinner! When they start making a roast beef smoothie "so good it tastes like the real thing" I will try it. I do not want sweets for my meals!

On that note, the Pure Protein Revolution Peanut Caramel Bars DO.NOT.TASTE.LIKE.A.SNICKERS. I do enjoy my pure protein stuff, but don't sell it as something it isn't.

Rant over.

It may not taste just like a snickers but for me(someone who does not eat snickers anymore) The Revolution Peanut Caramel Bars are pretty good at satisfying that snickers craving and will usually kick any chocolate cravings I have too. Never as a meal though. Much too sweet.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    After all the stuff I have tried that is supposed to be similar or the same, it NEVER is! It may have the same components, but it is never close enough that you would EVER mistake it for the real deal! :) Its like Fiber Ones brownies, they are good, but they are no real brownie!

Exactly! They taste good, but like you said, it's not the real thing.

Whats wrong with having something that is a little healthier tasting good? It doesn't have to taste like something else.
  • WannaNudder1
    Options
    bump for frosty :)
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bumpin for the "frosty" recipe.
  • shaky115
    shaky115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I wanna try that frosty. I will be buying the ingredients soon!!
  • wingsandgills
    wingsandgills Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Haaa! I agree with you... dietary versions of sweets never taste the same. Nor should they try! I'm not stating an absolute here, but I think generally if you could manage to get something to taste like it's got 10 grams of fat and 30 grams of sugar in it, but it hasn't, then something else in there is bad for you! The point of limiting and moderating (and sometimes even eliminating) our consumption of something is that it's BAD for us! Why should we try to find something just like the bad food to replace it? What are we learning/gaining there?

As part of my medical fast (doctor supervised) I eat Wonderslim protein supplements, and a vast majority of them are sweet. Cocomint, chocolate, mocha, vanilla, etc. Puddings, candy bars, fruit drinks, cake, cheesecake... lol. It's my one major problem with it (that and a lot of the supplements are still pretty high in carbs) because I wanted to use the fast as way to break myself from a sweets addiction. I have this feeling that when I stop Wonderslim, no matter how gradually I get back into eating a substantial diet, I'm going to miss the massive amount of sweetness I'm consuming.

And even though it's quite sweet, it doesn't taste like chocolate pudding or chocolate cake that I'm eating. It tastes like a chocolate pudding flavored protein supplement!

Even so, if some people enjoy this method to get themselves out of the habit of eating bad foods, more power to them! They could certainly do worse.
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOL

I feel this way about Yoplait ads in particular. They show a scrumptious piece of Cheesecake and then say hey have this cheesecake "flavored" tub of yogurt. It's just as good!

WHAT??????

I don't care what you do to it! It's not Cheesecake and it can't even approach it in being delicious!

And I like yogurt. They just don't compare.

Totally agree with this. I prefer strawberry banana or some something where the flavor comes from real fruit. I don't want some flavor concoction someone clearly made up in a lab.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love the Yoplait commercial with the woman talking on the phone about all her flavors of Yoplait in the fridge while her husband searches for the foods she's talking about.

Food-flavored yogurt is yuck to me. Just leave it as fruit-flavored. Don't make it chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie, raspberry pie, strawberry shortcake... blegh.
  • stooks83
    stooks83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I get the "Frosty" recipe? I LOVE FROSTYS!!!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Zone Perfection Cookie Dough tastes like a lump of raw cookie dough. AMAZINGNESS!! :love:

But, you don't have to belive me.. that leaves more for ME! :happy:
  • biochick2004
    Options
    I was actually just having the same rant to myself, lol! "The Biggest Loser" meal bars are made of ground up dates and raisins, and are supposed to taste like chocolate... Not even close!!! They are terrible, if they were offered to those people who crased in the Andes mountains, I think they still would have eaten the dead bodies instead, Lol!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I feel ya! No matter how much I mask certain foods it never tastes like the real thing.