how often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• melreg89
    melreg89 Posts: 5
    Options
    I was told once a week, first thing in the morning, I weigh in on Friday mornings, so you won't get discouraged! I hope this helps :)
  • jarrodc
    jarrodc Posts: 102
    Options
    Very rarely, even when I do, I don't really care what it says.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I went through a phase of weighing every day but I became really obsessive and my obsession with my weight became really unhealthy. Now I weigh in once a week.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Every week or two. The number on the scale isn't the whole story, so no reason for me to give it more attention than that.
  • GetBalanced
    Options
    Three and a half weeks ago I shelved my scale for 4 weeks because I was doing just that, weighing my EVERYDAY!! I started to feel consumed by it. I also realized that by weighing myself everyday, my weight would fluctuate based on what my last meal was the night before. Such as pasta, beer, etc.....you know, the heavy volume stuff!!! I had decided to make the 4 weeks more of a time to reflect on my inner self and focus on what I was eating and doing.

To be honest, I don't feel like I've lost or gained any weight and Wednesday will be when the 4 weeks is over but the first two weeks I worried about it all the time. I've washed it out of my thoughts to be SO consumed but let's be honest, I wouldn't recommend doing this to others. I feel two weeks is a good enough length of time to RESET your brain and then weigh yourself once a week from there on the same day/time.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My scale is so wrong. I only trust (and log) the numbers I get when I go to my recruiter's office (Air Force) or the doctor's. So... once or twice a month.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Only once a week. I would get discouraged weighing in every day.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Everyday, like to see how my weight fluctuates but log any loss/gain on Monday's...
  • cglyfer
    cglyfer Posts: 119
    Options
    I weigh every morning...keeps me on track...if I see it creeping up I know I have to change and modify something...if I see it creeping down I know I'm doing the right things and continue on that path...I log once a week...Monday morning...this also keeps me from going "too" crazy over the weekend!
  • beabelieve
    beabelieve Posts: 112
    Options
    Daily, even thought I know I shouldnt be!
  • I weigh every day at the same time in the morning. It helps me see where I am every day.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Wednesday morning when I first wake up.
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    every morning when i wake up
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, once a week, but as of 14Jan12 I've weighed myself daily (when I'm at home) and it's more an experiment as I wanted to see how my weight fluctuated, so that I can look back on my diaries and see if there's any correlation between food and booze and exercise.

It also helped me see patterns so normally my weight is static for 3-4days and then it fluctuates up or down. The longest I've been one weight is 7 days.

I don't obsess about the number on the scales... belt holes are my guide and whether or not I can fit in size L rather than XXXL shirts :happy: :glasses:
  • JustCallMeJaz
    JustCallMeJaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but its more habit than anything else. I would advise once per week, but I found when I did that, if I was having a heavy day (from water etc) on my weigh in day, then Id feel down, thinking Id gained weight. But weighing in every day at least I knew what was "real" weight. Just dont stress if you do weigh every day. Remember, 1lb is 3500 cals, so if you go up one day, its going to be water weight, not " real" weight.

I agree completely! I weigh in every morning. Just to get a gage of what my body is really doing. Ive gotten to the point where I can almost guess when Ive picked up water weight and how much.
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I personally feel as though weighing yourself EVERYDAY is such a bad idea. I would recommend no more than once a week. You fluctuate during the day, and also during the week.

I had this happen. I started my diet on a Sunday, & got my starting weight. On Thursday, I had a Dr.'s appt, and weighed in at my starting weight. Sort of had me bummed for a few minutes. But when I weighed in on Sunday, I had lost 4.6 lbs. Why I weighed in at the same Thursday as Sunday, who knows. But when you see "setbacks" like that, it may get you down. Had I not had to weigh in on Thursday, I would've ONLY saw the loss! Get it? Good luck.
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month; my weight fluctuates so much during the week.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i weigh each morning. part of my routine. it works for me; might not work for everyone.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It's better everyday so long as you pay attention to the trend rather than the fluctuations that are inevitable from day to day. This also avoids the once a week problem of stepping on the scale during a high point fluctuation and freaking out for a week.
  • fragilestrength
    Options
    multiple times a day :(

but i have made peace with my neurosis nd it doesn't affect my mood. i know it will fluctuate.

it's just a compulsion now =/