From 175 LBS to 148 LBS with pic :)

Options
5 Months ago a girl who didn't even know me asked me if I'm pregnant, it was the worst day of my life but today I want to thank her very much because she opened my eyes on that day.

After a long cry I've decided that was it, took a before picture and concentrated on looking better the next week.

My BMI was just under obese 29.9.

And so I've took a picture EVERY WEDNESDAY and compared it with the first week, after 1 month I was already impressed with what I saw in the mirror, I could see my body is changing and so I've continued to take a picture every week and every month with the same outfit.

This is me after just one month went from 175 Lbs to 163 Lbs (from 79.5kg to 74.2kg):

ojp1zm.png

I was losing weight fast but not healthy had a peach for breakfast, yogurt for lunch and the same dinner as hubby, didn't know much about calories, I'm from South-Africa and we use kilojoules but off course a diet like that never last very long.

I wasn't able to lose any more weight it was very depressing but luckily I have a blackberry and was searching for diet tips and tricks and what have you, and I FOUND MFP!!! :happy:

After installing it I was hooked!!!

Tomorrow I will be here for 120 days.

Today I'm 148 Lbs (67.5kg) my BMI went down from 29.9 to 25.4 (ALMOST HEALTHY :drinker: )

My total loss:

Weight: -26.45 Lbs (12kg)
Neck: -1.37 inch (-3.5cm)
Above breasts: -3.54 inch (-9cm)
Bust: -4.33 inch (-11cm)
Under breasts: -5.11 inch (-13cm)
Bicep: -1.37 inch (-3.5cm)
Lower arm: -0.59 inch (-1.5)
Wrists: -0.39 inch (-1cm)
Waist: -7.08 inch (-18cm)
Hips: -6.49 inch (-16.5cm)
Bum: -5.11 inch (-13cm)
Thighs: -1.96 inch (-5cm)
Knee: -3.14 inch (-8cm)
Calf: -1.18 inch (-3cm)
Ankles: -0.98 inch (-2.5cm)
Total loss: -26.45 Lbs (12kg) and 42.71 inch (108.5cm)

2ut2np4.jpg

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Terrific job! You are very methodical and I think that has helped with your success. I don't think you looked pregnant at all in the first picture, but regardless you are looking healthier and fitter now. I think your cute shirt looks even cuter as you make progress.
  • spedwife
    spedwife Posts: 25
    Options
    First of all, I LOVE the idea to do the same outfit every week, I'm definitely going to copy you on that one. :) Second of all, You look amazing!!! HUGE difference. Congratuations on your loss, I hope that you are feeling amazing!!! You sure look great. :))
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Looking good! I also did 30 Day Shred and I'm doing Jillian's Ripped In 30 now....love it!
  • pittsburghgal
    Options
    You are looking fabulous..you go girl!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Inspiring results! Congrats!
  • Percy896
    Percy896 Posts: 2
    Options
    add me i am from south america and need to lose 15 lbs share ideas with me thanks
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You have to be so proud of ypurself!!! You look great!! I can really see this difference in your face!! I wish I had thought to do this, then maybe I wouldn't get discouraged when the scale flutuates. Kudos to you, girl. Keep up the great work!!
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    I love how the shirt keeps getting longer and longer in each pic cause there is less of you to hold it up. Way to go!!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Great job...however I dont think you looked pregnant, maybe it is what you were wearing at the time
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look younger, happier and healthier!! Congratulations. BTW you have great cheekbones! Thanks for posting!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've been taking pics in the same bathing suit but not weekly... I've done it twice in 2 months but I'm also losing VERY slowly. Good idea to take pics in clothing too. You can see the difference in how things fit! Great job!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You did not look pregnant but kudos to you for taking the situation and turning it around to benefit YOU. I love that you take the pictures weekly and in the same outfit. What a great idea! Congratulations on your success and may it continue on for you. You look great!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! I am inspired by your dedication and am going to take a few tips from you! Thanks.
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Looking good! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dladzima2
    Options
    Great Job! You inspire me. I also started at 175 just 2 days ago. Keep it up! You look great!
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One thing that really stands out is in your face. I noticed that your cheeks got slimmer and total face got more slender, more younger looking. You really are a true testimonial to what happens when you apply yourself to self improvement! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    You look great!

And I love that shirt!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I had the same comment so I know how you must've felt, horrified! But, like you, that comment stuck and I eventually lost 20kg from the Shock and Trauma diet (that's another story). Anyhoo, you have done so well, you look awesome and I love that top! It shows your gorgeous figure and you do NOT look pregnant :)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Excellent job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!