All 5'7 Girls

Options

Replies

• motivated_kel
    motivated_kel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the responses guys! :smile: this may be a dumb question, but how can you tell if you have a smaller or larger body frame? I remember reading somewhere you can like measure your wrists or something like that, although that doesn't really make sense to me. is it something you just kind of know?
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I prefer how I look and feel at about 110ish.
  • Moniquifee
    Moniquifee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150. But I'd look pretty darn good at even 160. I don't mind the curves when they're in the right places!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think I'll be most comfortable around 160 to 170. I have a pretty athletic build and larger frame so if I go any lower than that I'm afraid I'll look rediculous. Plus, I was 180 in high school, I played all kinds of sports and had just the right amount of curves :p So a bit lower than that and I'll be totally happy.
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    right now I am thinking 150 - but I might change my mind once I get there. Or not. I have weighed 130 (I was very much younger then) so I know it's possible. I want to get to a healthy weight that is not too hard to maintain. Time will tell, I guess.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    this is my fear!! Im afraid ill get to 135 then have to basically eat like celery and carrots for the rest of my life to stay that way ha ugh

Yes! i was eating very very little when I was around 130 (for about 6 months). Then I stopped caring and kinda went back to my old ways, and I ended up gaining back about 10 pounds, so I rested around 137-140 for awhile (4 months), but I was netting like 2400 calories a day. So it wasn't that hard to maintain lol.

You can get there and see what it feels like for you! Everyone is different!
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    My goal is also 135lbs :) Add me if you want!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135. I have a small frame, small wrists, tiny fingers so I should be at the lower end of the range for my height.
  • anggC
    anggC Posts: 15
    Options
    Originally I was going for 125. I'm at 137ish right now and feel great, so I'm wondering if that'll be too low. I don't know when I should stop losing and just focus on toning up some more. :S
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thanks for all of the responses guys! :smile: this may be a dumb question, but how can you tell if you have a smaller or larger body frame? I remember reading somewhere you can like measure your wrists or something like that, although that doesn't really make sense to me. is it something you just kind of know?

I don't know about measuring... but I have big shoulder bones, always have. And I've been lower than 150, I've been 125 when I was sick many years ago and I looked like a bobble head! It just didn't look right on my frame!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Wrap your index finger and thumb around the smallest part of your wrist. If your fingers overlap, you have a small frame. If they touch, but do not overlap, you are medium. If your fingers do not touch you have a large frame.

I have a small frame (fingers overlap by a good half an inch...I can even wrap my fingers around my ankles...). My goal is 125. My low weight was 118, but I found that too be too small for me and I lost my butt!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

I would say measure your wrist or the breth of your elbow... idk just google "calculator for body frame size"... Also look around your family... it is probably a dead give away. What sizes are your parents or siblings. ?
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For me, I've always seemed just a bit bigger than everyone else. My goal is 185 (somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8") - I haven't been that since mid-high school - and would like to see how I feel/look. I've always carried my weight reasonably well with a decent amount of muscle mass, so it will be interesting to see. The last time I was close was a few years ago at about 191-193 and really liked it. I feel like if I can maintain that for a while, I'll attempt losing again.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    my gw right now is around 140-145, but once i get there i might think about going down to 130-135. but i'm still over 200 at this point and have never been near that low, so i have no idea how i'll look or what the best weight is for my body yet!!
  • smarce
    smarce Posts: 24
    Options
    Right now my goal weight is 150. I held steady at 150 -155 for 3 years and was really happy with how i looked. I am a 36dd at that size so i carry a lot of weight there so i tend to look thinner than my weight would tell you. At my lightest i was 135 and 17 years old. I can not even imagine being that skinny again, even then i was a 34dd so you can imagine a bit of disporportion...

So i think 150 will be my ugw. Like someone said before curves in all the right places :-)
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    Options
    My first goal is 140 (8 more lbs!) because I know that I am pretty comfortable in a size 6. But my ultimate goal, and what I weighed before my 5th child, is 130.
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    130-135 that's what i was when i was 18 before I started having kids. I was 120 at one point before that but it was hard to stay at that weight even as a teenager.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150. But I'd look pretty darn good at even 160. I don't mind the curves when they're in the right places!

Amen!
  • Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135, I'm 144 now. Used to be 150lbs lost 6 pounds after insanity :) But my current weight looks good and curvy, I dont complain :)
  • vbcoach25
    vbcoach25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 150-155. I feel that is the weight at which I looked the best. It's been years, but I can do it. Anything less than 145 and I look too skinny for my frame. I feel 155 is a weight I'll be able to maintain and a weight at which I can be comfortable in my own body.