Fasting

Options

Replies

• supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Use this so you don't fast overnight, oh the horrors

129126342324388080.jpg

Ironically I drank some casein last night and I never drink casein. I thought of this poster as I was drinking it.

I mixed it with whole milk and I could have eaten it with a spoon. That stuff is ridiculous.

that's called pudding.

what's more alarming is the number of posts you've made. holy *kitten* balls. that's a lot of genius spreading right there.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options

that's called pudding.

what's more alarming is the number of posts you've made. holy *kitten* balls. that's a lot of genius spreading right there.

I know. Abs taking over the world.....thank you baby Geebus.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    when you fast, your body eats itselft. it eats the fat that's stored in your body. it's not stupid, it's smart.

your body will eat muscle as well. probably more muscle than fat. that's not anywhere close to smart. but i'm not nearly as smart as some.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Ugh let the bro science begin

I fast. I am not dead. My muscle isn't wasting away (I've actually gained some). I've also lost fat. I don't need to shovel food in my mouth all day to keep my own sanity.

There is a wealth of evidence out there that short bouts of fasting is not only great for weight loss, but also great for long term health. Look into it.
  • Renee_Leslie
    Options
    there are different types of fasting
    they have different purposes
    and the duration of the fast varies
    proper fasting can have many benefits
    but i assume what you are talking about is starving or consuming a large deficit in order to loose weight
    yes that is stupid because it is firstly unhealthy physically for your body and secondly will promote developing an unhealthy relationship with food which will lead to ocd tendencies.

I was hoping this point would be made... Thank you.
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    i fasted today!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    A few hours ago, I started yet another 24 hour fast. I don't tell others to fast, but for me, it has benefits. For those who care, below is a blog I wrote about my experience with IF a couple months after I started IF. For those who don't like IF, no biggie...its certainly not for everyone...many folks just don't have the mental toughness for it because you don't appreciate how easy it can be once you stop fretting about it. For those like the OP who are just plain ignorant about the potential benefits of IF and think they know everything...welcome to the internet where you can find someone who knows everything about everything...and then someone else who knows everything to the contrary ;) I don't pretend to know everything and I don't pretend to believe my way is right for anyone else. I only know why I do things my way and that my way works for me :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/my-experience-with-intermittent-fasting-175218
  • Johnnyutah45
    Johnnyutah45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A new stud at Berkley shows that intermittent fasting can reduce the risk of all types of cancer and also the amount of insulin resistance a person has. Sounds healthy to me...
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    sometimes i rhyme slow, sometimes i rhyme fasting

laugh.so.hard.
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    A few hours ago, I started yet another 24 hour fast. I don't tell others to fast, but for me, it has benefits. For those who care, below is a blog I wrote about my experience with IF a couple months after I started IF. For those who don't like IF, no biggie...its certainly not for everyone...many folks just don't have the mental toughness for it because you don't appreciate how easy it can be once you stop fretting about it. For those like the OP who are just plain ignorant about the potential benefits of IF and think they know everything...welcome to the internet where you can find someone who knows everything about everything...and then someone else who knows everything to the contrary ;) I don't pretend to know everything and I don't pretend to believe my way is right for anyone else. I only know why I do things my way and that my way works for me :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/my-experience-with-intermittent-fasting-175218

I don't THINK I know everything. I DO know everything.
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Agreed!! Nightmare for your body!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Well said Hunter!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    A new stud at Berkley shows that intermittent fasting can reduce the risk of all types of cancer and also the amount of insulin resistance a person has. Sounds healthy to me...

Martin Berkhan has a pretty good collection of studies at www.leangains.com.

Do you have a link to the study you're referring to above?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

link?

I thought it was "heavy squats cure cancer" :wink:

edit: sidesteal is a gun!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Can I report the OP for being offensive and trolling? I find his "thoughts" offensive even though he's way off base and doesn't know enough about fasting to make a particular sound arguement.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

I don't THINK I know everything. I DO know everything.

If only I knew that we were in the grace of God's presence. I bow before thee.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    FFS... is it really? i think not.... but that is my personal opinion.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    edit: sidesteal is a gun!

^ Shouldn't you be practicing your muscle-ups? ;)

Can I report the OP for being offensive and trolling? I find his "thoughts" offensive even though he's way off base and doesn't know enough about fasting to make a particular sound arguement.

Was it the complete lack of context and sweeping generalizations that you found incorrect? =)

In closing: Posting in a troll thread.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You got a fasting car. And I want a ticket to anywhere.
  • Johnnyutah45
    Johnnyutah45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is the link to the news article from UC Berkley News. Goes into a lot of the details.

http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2005/03/14_intermittentfeeding.shtml