subway???

Options
2»

Replies

• maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

You can't say McDonalds has more calories just because it doesn't have bell peppers on it. If I have 600 calories allotted lunch, I can get Subway Turkey Sandwich on Italian Bread With Mustard, Provolone Cheese, Pickles, Lettuce, Cucumber, Green Peppers, and banana peppers for about 565 calories OR a McDonalds cheeseburger and small fries for 530 calories. Either one will satiate me for the afternoon, and I'd rather have the cheeseburger nine times out of ten. Speaking solely to the calorie count, they're basically the same thing.
    I totally agree except for the turkey sandwich would satiate me better, but if you'd rather eat the cheeseburger, that's fine. If the main goal is being healthier, what works for you and causes you to take in fewer calories and thus lose weight is what's healthiest. Not eating the most "natural" or "healthy" food. "Health food" doesn't make you healthy.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think it is more healthy any way then McDonalds cause its more fresh and less presevitives
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    AeoilianHarp - I agree, macros are important for overall health! I'm not discounting that at all. I'm sure the fat in the McD's meal is quite a bit higher than the subway, but I bet they're close on protein. (It's way too late to actually look it up now, I'm sure at least three people will prove me wrong by morning).
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    Everyone has different opinions on subway...if you are seeing results then go ahead & eat it..I normally take the top bread off sometimes.. but I always get turkey breast on wheat with Bell peppers, spinach, banana peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, cucumbers & a squirt of honey mustard (; nvr add cheese...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why there's so much sodium alarmism on these boards.

Its a little crazy eh? I used to keep my sodium low and watch it like crazy.
    Fainting, passing out, and such. Finally went to the doctor and BP was crazy low! Had to increase my sodium. Bring on the salt.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

I wasn't suggesting that calories don't matter. I usually don't leave vital information like that out, so my apologies for that. Calories definitely matter and, for me, macronutrients are almost as important.

Going to have a hard time balancing that meatball sub into your day. The chicken parm and meatball for example are over 1000 calories each, have over 2000 mg of sodium and 10-15g of saturated fat, over 30g of fat, 120g carbs .... all of that vastly overshadows the 42g of protein. For most people on this site, that's an entire day in one sitting. It also goes without saying that the body is not going to process all of that into energy right away, so it goes straight to the gut. So much easier to just eat a healthier meal that your body can actually do something with.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    for some reason this thread inspired me to hit up BK tonight. :smokin:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    for some reason this thread inspired me to hit up BK tonight. :smokin:

Because BK is superior to McDs and Subway.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    If you take all the delicious stuff out of the sub then yes it is healthy.
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Worked for subway for a year and a half and i learned that it is not as healthy as you think, you know how on the napkins it says turkey 300 cal for a 6 inch or something like that, Yes you can get a sandwich for a low amount of calories BUT that means No cheese, no condiments, Just a 6inch on wheat or white (yes same cal for wheat or white) the three pieces of meat they put on and veggies, basicaly turkey and turkey and ham are the healthiest option everything else is fattening!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Once nice thing about subway is you can go onto their website and build your sandwich, meat, veggies, condiments and all. Full nutritional information provided without having to add it up yourself. Is it particularly healthy? Amongst fast food chains, yes. Compared to a healthy, home cooked meal, no.

Anything that contains cheese and lunch meats will have lots of sodium in it.