Team Gale or Team Peeta?

Options
124»

Replies

• kandy221
    kandy221 Posts: 79
    Options
    Have not seen the movie, but read the books (well almost, halfway through Mockingjay), and I have to say Gale edges out Peeta for me.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Throughout the books Gale had shown good qualities, and was always someone to count on with no fear, but in the third book Mrs. Susan screwed his image to make him look like a brave nobrainer jerk, so no wonder Peeta has so many fangirls & fanladies. Personally Gale represented almost accurately the masculine side of a man with his flaws but with a genuine heart. Peeta in the other hand represents the 'ideal' nice guy. Calm, collected and slightly shy, but determined to his resolves. I liked both characters for what each of them brought to the drama. I just didn't like the way Susan managed the end of trilogy. It looked like she was in a hurry to take her own side.

^Exactly! I hated the way she changed Gale in the third book. Why would he take some pointless job in another District after all he and Katniss had been through? It didn't seem realistic to how she had portrayed the character up until then. I loved Gale's masculinity and I felt like they were really going to end up together. I think a "real" Gale would have come back to her and declared his love and fought for her. I do like Peeta, I just liked Gale so much more. :sad:
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Team Snow.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If i HAVE to choose one...i'd choose Peeta.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Peeta!!
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Based on the movie (I haven't read the book), Peeta would be the guy you marry... Gale would be the guy you... *cough* <insert expletive here>
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I want to be on Team Katniss if at all possible.

Me too! :bigsmile: she be awesome....but if not then Gale :love: :laugh:
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Spoilers

I didn't mind either way how it turned out when reading it but always preferred Peeta. You just don't see that much of Gale until later in the series. I didn't think it was going to end up as Gale as who has the male lead out of the picture most of the story? It's not that Gale was a bad choice but most of what Katniss' resistance was about was more having the ability to choose and not be forced either way.

And ultimately Katniss' own actions showed she had strong feelings for Peeta. Just take Catching Fire where it is always Peeta first. She could have just aimed for her own survival the entire time but cared more for Peeta's life than her own. Not many people are that selfless for someone they have just seen around. It's going back a while but I think the phrase who can she not live without was used a bit.

I like that Peeta isn't the traditional male lead - he has integrity and isn't necessarily stronger than Katniss - and what is wrong with that? Clearly I though about this a little too much :happy: