All 5'7 Girls

Options

Replies

• hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 175. That might seem a little high but after being at almost 300 (and above at other times) 175 seems wonderful. At 201 my jeans I just bought are already baggy on me but I don't want to buy more now. Not going to purchase anything else till I lose the all of the weight.
  • ybcochrane
    ybcochrane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    150. my lowest was 175 and i was starting to see ab definition. I think 15 less than that would be good and healthy but still curvy. I have a bigger frame too so i think if i went to the low end I'd look odd. Who knows though.

same here....lowest was around 170 and I felt great as too skinny would look really odd on me....my gw just now is to get back to 170.....30 to go !!!
  • leahnoelle31
    leahnoelle31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My UGW is 125. Right now I am at 127lbs and I have a small frame. I love exercise and being lower in weight has made me a bit speedier on my long runs. It's kind of fun working my abs now, knowing that I'm not fighting through a big layer of fat to see my results :)
  • incubusinsight
    Options
    I'm about 5'6 have a large frame and am currently around 157. Ultimate goal was between 130 and 135 but I am rethinking that. The lowest ive been is 143lbs and i was very active and ate healthy so we wil see when I get back down there. I got some comments that I was too thin for my frame then so I may just try to get to 140 and work more on toning and losing inches than losing weight.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and pear shaped. I started MFP at 175 pounds and a size 12/14 US. I am now at my goal weight of 145 pounds and am a size 6 or 8 in pants. I am happy at this weight!
  • erinscribbles
    erinscribbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The lowest I have ever been was 175. This was also when I realized I had a smaller body frame than I thought I had. I have always been quite a bit heavier than everyone else. Right now my goal is 160 (highest point for healthy BMI) but I think I will find that I'm a bit more flabby than I want to be at that point. However, it will be the lowest weight I have ever been, so I don't want to get ahead of myself. Maybe even weight training at that point will help me feel more comfortable.
    I've been purusing mybodygallery.com a lot lately. I think 160 is a good place to start, but I have to say 140 does look good on the 5'7" frame... that would be 100lb loss for me. Yikes!
  • Anyanut
    Anyanut Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    this is my fear!! Im afraid ill get to 135 then have to basically eat like celery and carrots for the rest of my life to stay that way ha ugh

At my skinniest I was 130 and it was so hard to maintain. Not only eating wise but my body couldn't sustain itself, my periods stopped for over 2 years and I was very lethargic. The dr. told me to gain 15 lbs and I felt much better. So this time I'm shooting for 145-150. It also depends on your boney frame as well, I have friends as tall as me who weigh 120-125 and they feel great (they are naturally thin though) I have a larger bones so 130 is too light for me.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    The lowest I have been since high school was 164. I set my goal for 160 but I would love to be 140-145. I am seeing how I do and if I get to 160 I am aiming to go lower
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    135. :smile:
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Currently 160. I have a relatively large body frame and I carry a good amount of muscle.
  • calajane
    calajane Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm aiming at 147 (which is about 67 kg) I need to lose at least 50 lbs to get there.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that even though we all share the same height, we are all different shapes and sizes...frame size plays a huge factor!

I have a very small frame.
    My highest weight ever was 148 lbs and I looked like a beached whale. My ears hurt from the sound my thighs made as they scraped together when I walked. Seriously.
    I quickly lost the weight, but was stupid about it.

When I climbed back up to 132 lbs (when I first joined a fitness site to keep track of my food/exercise) I again had a large spare tire and my arms could barely fit into my sleeves.

I managed to get safely back down to 114 lbs last February (the weight I had for most of high school) and have been maintaining it since. My lowest weight would have been 108 lbs when I was 15, but I had barely any muscle mass and looked squishier then than now. I've been focusing more on the tape measure these days as opposed to the number on the scale so that I can have more defined muscle definition and run for longer periods of a time without getting winded!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150lbs and toned.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is 150... But 130 would be ideal.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My current goal weight is what I was in high school, 165 and size 12. But I would ideally like to lose an extra 20 lbs from that and go down to 145, if I can! 'm just starting out and so far I am pretty optimistic :)
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ultimate goal- Anywhere from 125-140 :)
    I am currently at 175 & I started at 202
  • taylcran
    taylcran Posts: 4
    Options
    Mine's 120.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mine originally was 164, but with my body changing shape, I'm thinking maybe 170 is appropriate. I don't want ot look like a lollipop.

*edited to add I'm 181 and size 8/10 now.
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    the low 100s or high 90s. Only because I'm 4"11 or 5 feet ish

edit: oops! forgot that this was only for 5'7 girls. silly me :)
  • ammire82
    ammire82 Posts: 50
    Options
    Mine's 165. anything under that and my pants end up being to short and it's hard to find the talls