SHBoss

Options
Since you're the one that i find with the most useful knowledge that i've read( no offense to others, its just MPO that he has a lot of health knowledge) anyway sooooooo.....i had a question....since i'm losing the weight I have a little extra skin on my stomach from having 2 children...nothing real excessive but i was wondering if i were to start strength training right now and get muscle....do u think that it would tighten up and get rid of that loose skin look :ohwell:

p.s. thank u in advance :laugh: :bigsmile:

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    ok now that i read that...it just sounds rude...i am very sorry if i offended anyone....i love everyones advice i really do.......and everyone here has good advice...its just i've seen boss's words and advice work and most of it makes sense to me until he puts big words into it...i am soo sorry if anyone read that and took it the wrong way...EVERYONE here gives great advice :ohwell: lol now i dug myself a hole
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    extra skin is always a bummer when you lose weight

If you have a little excess skin, weight training and bulking will help

If you have a ton of excess skin like me, surgery is very helpful
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I think you are fine. People have their "favs" and there is no problem with that. It was sweet of you to say that we're all ok on here tho.... I have a few personal "favs" and I haven't ran into anybody yet that has made me cranky...hm, kinda strange on that one:noway: Anyhow, I hope you find the answer you're looking for.. :wink:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    extra skin is always a bummer when you lose weight

If you have a little excess skin, weight training and bulking will help

If you have a ton of excess skin like me, surgery is very helpful
    i should take a picture and post it...i think my stomach is salvagable...it doesnt create a pouch like effect...but it well its hard to explain lol stupid skin...and isnt the surgery very expensive?
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    IMHO you are not one for surgery. You can lose that skin over time just with proper diet and exercise. Surgery is for those who can lift all the weights they want....but the skin is just gonna sit there.

yes, surgery is expensive :(

I spent almost $23,000 this year with tummy tuck, neck lift, breast reduction, arm lift

I lost 220lbs before my surgeries and now lost 230lbs total
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    IMHO you are not one for surgery. You can lose that skin over time just with proper diet and exercise. Surgery is for those who can lift all the weights they want....but the skin is just gonna sit there.

yes, surgery is expensive :(

I spent almost $23,000 this year with tummy tuck, neck lift, breast reduction, arm lift

yea i wouldnt do the surgery if i cant lose it oh well i guess its not that bad,,,and holy cow!!! 230lbs is amazing!....and 23k is expensive for sure :ohwell: ....how long has it been since u've had it if u dont mind me asking that is
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I actually just had my last surgery august 10th (tummy tuck/neck lift)

I am so impressed with the TT. The neck lift is still real swollen to see final results (so is TT but I don't have huge flabs of skin now its flat!)

They hurtttttt lol, the drainage tubes are not fun

and really, do not worry about your excess skin...its gonna get better as time goes on

Just keep working out and eat a proper diet.
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options
    ok now that i read that...it just sounds rude...i am very sorry if i offended anyone....i love everyones advice i really do.......and everyone here has good advice...its just i've seen boss's words and advice work and most of it makes sense to me until he puts big words into it...i am soo sorry if anyone read that and took it the wrong way...EVERYONE here gives great advice :ohwell: lol now i dug myself a hole

Don't worry about it girl, u r so funny, lol. I realized the same thing that there are some people that seem more knowledgeable than others so I naturally started looking for when they post answers. Hey we all want the best info to help ourselves.

Demetria
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    I just noticed you only aim for 1,000 a day? That is way too low. You need to eat more hasian.....atleast 1,200 a day.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Wow. God bless you abundantly!!

Honestly, that is amazing. I do hope that you heal very quickly from this last surgery.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I am so impressed with the TT. The neck lift is still real swollen to see final results (so is TT but I don't have huge flabs of skin now its flat!)

and really, do not worry about your excess skin...its gonna get better as time goes on

surgeries scare me....the pain factor anyway...but i'm glad you're impressed with the results!... my friend had it done and after about a total of 8 months she looked amazing!...the skin had finally healed and the swelling went down and she no longer had flabs of skin .....its amazing what doctors can do now adays
  • Fieldsy
    Options

Wow. God bless you abundantly!!

Honestly, that is amazing. I do hope that you heal very quickly from this last surgery.

I am a fast healer. I hate laying in bed so I walk a lot and keep my body moving as much as I can. It prevents blot clots and you heal faster that way. I plan to play tennis this weekend 2 weeks post op :)

I still have one drain left in me so not sure if its the best idea, but I am pain free lol
  • Fieldsy
    Options

surgeries scare me....the pain factor anyway...but i'm glad you're impressed with the results!... my friend had it done and after about a total of 8 months she looked amazing!...the skin had finally healed and the swelling went down and she no longer had flabs of skin .....its amazing what doctors can do now adays

yea, a few people think its crazy to spend that much money...but I never been happier in my life and would spend $50,000 dollars if I had to.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    I just noticed you only aim for 1,000 a day? That is way too low. You need to eat more hasian.....atleast 1,200 a day.
    a nutrionist i went to told me that 1000 a day was ok for me because i'm only 4'10" and that the 1200 was made for the girl of avg height
  • hasiangirl
    Options

yea, a few people think its crazy to spend that much money...but I never been happier in my life and would spend $50,000 dollars if I had to.
    deffinately...life is worth living happy ! I look at it as money comes and goes but true happiness is hard to find...and one way to get there is to be happy with yourself...congrats on ur loss and the decision to commit :flowerforyou:
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    a nutrionist i went to told me that 1000 a day was ok for me because i'm only 4'10" and that the 1200 was made for the girl of avg height

Well being 4'10" I guess that is okay. Sorry to point that out, I just think people in general who eat really low calories make a big mistake. I am guilty of this and learned that eating more was the way to go.
  • Fieldsy
    Options

deffinately...life is worth living happy ! I look at it as money comes and goes but true happiness is hard to find...and one way to get there is to be happy with yourself...congrats on ur loss and the decision to commit :flowerforyou:

thank you, its the best feeling in the world to feel healthy. I dreamed about not being so overweight all my life. I got so sick of saying tomorrow I will change. I never want to go back to how I was.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

thank you, its the best feeling in the world to feel healthy. I dreamed about not being so overweight all my life. I got so sick of saying tomorrow I will change. I never want to go back to how I was.
    well a deffinate congratulations!! you're finally living your dream hun :flowerforyou:

p.s. I understand where you're coming from about the food thing...i was trying to eat about 1200-1400 a week and was maintaining the weight and always felt stuffed if i ate proper meals and snacks and went over the 1200 marker....but a lot of my days are low cals because i didnt add in the EVO i cooked with either so when some of my counts only show 700-800 its closer to 1000 because i cook with EVO a lot and oils deff add up
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Since losing weight I have found that I have some lose skin in my stomach and chest :blushing: areas. I'm hoping since I am still young that maybe with time the skin will start to become tighter on its own. And maybe it is just wishful thinking, but my chest does seem to have rebounded a little --- I think the twins are a little less deflated :laugh:

I am definitely interested in hearing everyone's opinons on this topic. From what I have heard rapid weightloss (like on Biggest Loser) makes it difficult for the skin to rebound. Just another reason why slow and steady wins the race:flowerforyou:
  • Fieldsy
    Options
    slower weight loss is better for the skin, but huge amounts of weight lost will result in excess skin no matter what. So many things determine how your skin will result in the end. I lost my weight fairly slow (lost it all in 4+ years) and my skin was real bad.

Age, weight, how long you were at that weight for (the longer your skin is stretched the worse it will be), and everyones skin tissue is different