mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    chicken
    eggs
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I add a scoop of protein powder to my coffee in the morning and on the weekend I have eggs fried in pam
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Shakeology for breakfast! Great way to get protein and keep you full till Lunch! (although a healthy snack in between is smart) If you want to know where you can get Shakeology send me a message or add me as a friend!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You need to let go of the notion that you have to eat "traditional" breakfast foods for breakfast. Who says you can't have a piece of grilled chicken for breakfast?

I agree. Especially w/ eggs or in an omelet.
  • JodiHop
    JodiHop Posts: 25
    Options
    bump...
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    egg-white omelets

No wonder your're tired of eggs. You're only eating the boring bits. If you want eggs, eat EGGS, with all the yummy yolk-y nutritious goodness intact. :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs, greek yogurt, a protein shake, or sometimes deli meat, cottage cheese, or a piece of salmon.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    plenty of traditional high protein breakfasts if you have time to cook:

bacon, ham, sausage, canadian bacon, steak... all go good with eggs, but you can leave the eggs out if you like.

ETA: you might even try switching up the type of eggs... i've been getting duck eggs lately, and they are very rich.
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Low sodium turkey bacon! Yummy!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I put chocolate whey protein and almond milk in my large morning cup of coffee. Tastes kinda like hot chocolate and coffee combined. My whey protein is 24g per scoop but mileage may vary depending on which whey protein you get.
  • bugnsamsmom
    bugnsamsmom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    we take thin sliced ham and put it into our baby cakes maker. mix up some scrambled eggs with veggies and pour it into the ham cups. Depending on how many veggies I put in the eggs I can get three cups from one scrambled egg. Looks like more than you actually have.

Toast and Peanut Butter
    bagel/english muffin and cream cheese/laughing cow
    cheese and veggie quesadilla
    english muffin breakfast pizza (muffin, salsa, veggies, meat and/or eggs and/or cheese)
    grilled cheese and tomato soup
  • noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I juice veggies (with some fruit for flavor) for breakfast and I add unflavored whey protine powder to it. I actually do two a day.

Breakfast: 3-4 large leaves of Kale, 3-4 large leaves of Swiss Chard, 3-4 medium (6-8 inch) carrots, 15-20 sprigs of Parsley and 2 medium green apples (or you can substitue pears).

Post Work-out: 3-4 large leaves of Kale, 3-4 large leaves of Swiss Chard, 4 large (9-12 inch) stalks of celery (great source of electrolites), 1 1/2-2 cups of grapes and 2 apples (again, or pears).

That's just the basis for the drinks. Sometimes I'll add strawberries or oranges. Even a little (stress LITTLE) amount of ginger tastes good.

Add the protine to that and you have nearly a full days worth of veggies and fruits and 40g of protine.

Also, they taste great! I can't live without them! Well, I can, but I don't want to.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes - I add peanut butter and a banana to mine. Delish

I know you said your tired of eggs, but it looks like you don't have much variety. I make a breakfast burrito often - 1/2c scrambled egg whites, spinach, onions, green and red peppers, and onions on a tortilla with guacamole. It actually works out to a perfect 40-30-30 breakdown of carbs, fat and protein. Absolutely delicious. I will vary it up, the other morning I used asparagus, sometimes I use salsa....whatever veggies you have around work great. Guacamole is a fabulous substitute for cheese, strangely enough. I'm a cheese-a-holic and don't need to add cheese if I use guac.

I also still eat egg salad on occasion, and yes, I use the dreaded full fat mayo, but I don't use much (1tsp) and I eat it on a bed of mixed greens with salsa. I've also seen people eat mashed chickpeas mixed with a wedge of laughing cow soft cheese. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds great. I can't see why you still couldn't have the eggs and sub the mayo for the laughing cow cheese if you want.

When all else fails, nut butter on a whole wheat english muffin. :)
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Low-Carb Sausage Balls

These are yummy and very easy to grab on your way out the door if you make them ahead of time.

1 lb turkey breakfast sausage
    1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp coconut flour (or grated parmesan)
    Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mash everything together in a bowl with your hands. Use a tbsp to scoop out meat mixture and roll into little ball. This should make between 25-30 balls. Cook for 30 minutes then flip over and bake another 10-15 minutes. I like mine really well done and a little crunchy on the outside. You may need to experiment with the time a little. I just watch mine really close.

what is the calories for these? ?

Of course it will vary slightly based on what brands you use, if you use coconut flour or parmesan (I use coconut flour for extra fiber) and how big or small you make them but mine came out to 53 calories each with 25 balls.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with fruit, and one of my favorites is mixing up greek yogurt with chia seeds and fruit the night before, so I have a breakfast ready in the morning.

Or eat quinoa instead of oatmeal :)
  • eawilkrsn
    eawilkrsn Posts: 43
    Options
    saw a great recipe for protein pancakes on Blogilates yesterday. They are delicious!!! :)

1 scoop vanilla protein ( used pure protein vanilla)
    1/4 cup egg white
    1/2 banana (mashed up)
    2 tbsp almond milk or skim milk
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp flax seed ( i used psyllium seed husk)

mash up banana and add all other ingredients. mix all up.

makes 5-9 pancakes (one serving) 250 calories. (made with no flour)

i also have 2 eggs (scrambled) in the mornings with 1/2 whole wheat bagel and 1 tbsp of pb.

or a protein shake.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Peanut butter

If you get tired of eggs, you're not making them right. There are so many egg recipes out there and so many great ways to cook them from scrambled to fried and an immeasurable number of inbetweens. Breakfast burritos, omelets, french toast, egg salad, boil them, broil them....I feel like Bubba going on, but seriously. Use Google and find new ways to make your eggs because you would be hard pressed to find a more awesomely nutritional powerhouse than the egg.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I like Kashi go lean original. As much protein as an egg!
  • sla1252012
    sla1252012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ... that will keep me full until lunch!?

For me there is no such thing! lol But it's okay becuase I'd rather eat smaller meals and have snacks in between.
  • jstorck65
    Options
    egg white flatbread from subway very good