I blew it today (And yesterday!)

Options

Replies

• caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i've been over by 1000 calories over easter..which is 4 days...which will probably see a gain of just over 1lb...which i aim to spend this week removing. There was no way I wasnt going to take part in family dinners. Sometimes you just have to accept there will be times for overeating, but as long as the general trend is calories deficit, you'll be just fine xx
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I do this once in a while. We all do! We are human and we have tons of cravings at times! :)
  • DreamscapeRuins
    Options
    Wow. I wasn't expecting that many replies! I love the support in this community!

But thanks for the reasoning, guys :)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    It happens and can sometimes be helpful for weight loss to have the "spikes" in your week. Track it, move on and definitely don't feel guilty :)
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One rotten day won't spoil the whole week. Honest!

If you had 7 flowers in a vase and one of them died, would you throw out the entire bunch? NOT!

I like this !
  • hodgechic
    hodgechic Posts: 15
    Options
    ok you are loking at the negative but did you see how much weight youlost 15 pounds !!
    and so you had a rough day
    try to find a substrtue for the craving and they will go away
    i have alot to lose but boy i love it when i chose ... thats my slogan i chose i choose !!
    i choose green veggies orange juice or a smoothie ...
    just dont get negtive youhave lost 15 pounds
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Bit-o-advice from my hubby..."That's silly, don't not log your food just because you know its going to be over and you don't want to see it. Log it, and move on, then at the end of the week when that one day hasn't ruined your life (or your weightloss journey) maybe you'll stop freaking out over a holiday meal with friends and family. Losing weight doesn't mean you have to be stressed out 24/7." Honesty, hmmm. That helped me be okay with logging a day that I knew (and planned for) would be out of control.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! How bad is it that I am eating a cadbury creme egg as I am reading this thread lol! And I couldn't even log everything so I just added "too many candy too record" on my food notes!! But everyone's right! It happens! The more guilt you place on yourself the more you are bound to keep "blowing" it!! Just dust yourself off, it's not too late to correct it today!!!!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself "Oh well, its just one day. Pick back up where you left it tomorrow and carry on." But i can't get over feeling like I messed everything up. Has anyone else ever done this?

We've all done it. Lots of times. And I'm a guy, we're exempt from the monthly fun except in interactions with our loved ones.

You keep telling yourself "Oh, well, it's just one day" until you start listening to yourself, because you're giving really good advice.

If you're running a 2-pound-a-week plan, your daily deficit is 1000 calories. So you lost one day. Don't let feeling bad about that day cost you any more. Time to focus on today and tomorrow and the days after that.

And don't starve yourself to make up that 1000 calories either. You've got a good rhythm going, don't play with that.

Just take the day as a lost day and move forward.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Bit-o-advice from my hubby..."That's silly, don't not log your food just because you know its going to be over and you don't want to see it. Log it, and move on, then at the end of the week when that one day hasn't ruined your life (or your weightloss journey) maybe you'll stop freaking out over a holiday meal with friends and family. Losing weight doesn't mean you have to be stressed out 24/7." Honesty, hmmm. That helped me be okay with logging a day that I knew (and planned for) would be out of control.

I log everything, even the bad stuff. I'm the only one who gets to see it, and if I can't be honest with myself who CAN I be honest with?

This site is running me at a 1,000-calorie-per-day deficit to support my goal of 2 pounds a week. So each THOUSAND calories I go over is only one days' loss. I've got 25 pounds to go, so I'm not going to worry about a delay of a day or two occasionally.
  • hodgechic
    hodgechic Posts: 15
    Options
    you aren i h right i hope you dont mind if i mention something
    you need to want to lose weght for yourself and because you love yourself
    i noted you said you want to show him you cna lose weght no no no
    do it for you !!:flowerforyou:

just sayiing ... do it for you and him and your future togheter
    one day when you are by a nice pool you weill say i chose to have this healthy body oxoxo
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Your journey is about awareness (which you have), choices, and action. There is no tomorrow. There is only now. Stop feeling guilty for what you have done. You cannot change the past, you can only choose to do or not do Now.
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yes i did it yesterday with eating KFC.. i felt like i blew everything i had been working hard on.. but today i stuck to my diet and exercise and even went and bought a bike so starting tomorrow im gonna go riding every morning... just try to keep your head up...
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YUP!!!
    Had one of those to day myself!
    Come on we'll get back on the MFP waggon together!! xx
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    tumblr_lx9d7vrsKv1r5x7xno1_500_large.png

Perfect! It will happen. I still have these days but just remind yourself the reasons you're trying to better your life. And remember that this is your life and you're going to have bad days. Just make sure your better days outweigh your bad.
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    Ok I have been on MFP for going on 4 months and I have only lost 5 pounds. And that is because I am trying to lose weight but still eat out every week not once but twice even 3 times. So I lost 1 more pound today and what did I do I went to dennys and had lunch and I am feeling so guilty because I feel like I am just a failure like hello Nina why am I even on here. So Today is a big day for me I am going to put the effort into my change of life in eating. I have a choice to say so to bad things for me and yes to good things its just right now I feel like a PIG :(
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    It's crazy how those craving re-apper when that time rolls around! I too, have difficulty during this time! Lately, I just try to get out of the house and away from the food for a bit. Go for a walk, and by the time I am done, they are gone! I have to remind myself, I am not really hungry. Try to delay it, don't eat unless you are really hungry! It seems to help a little. But, I do also indulge a little in those not so healthy things once in awhile. I don't intend on depriving myself! If I do go wayyyy over...I start over, as soon as I can!
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    this is AWESOME TRUELY NEEDED THIS TOO THANX
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every so often. I always feel like a glutton when it happens, but fortunately, it doesn't seem to drastically affect my weight for the long term. Sure, for a day or two, I gained a couple lbs. but it comes back off.

Don't sweat it. happens to the best of us and all we can do is move forward. :)